5.0 out of 5 stars Its a miricle.....
Published on July 3, 2010 by Skittlez

3.0 out of 5 stars It works but slow & hard to apply
It did bring the under skin pimple to head faster but it didn't happen over night. It took me 4-5 applies to make it worked. Also the cream is very dense & hard. Not easy to apply. Just wonder if there is anything better out there.
Published 5 months ago by Hanna G.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a miricle....., July 3, 2010
This review is from: Smiles' Prid Homeopathic Drawing Salve, 18 GM, 1 each (Health and Beauty)
Thank you God for this. I am a african american woman who tends to get really severe boils under and around my large breasts and arms for the last 5 years. I go to the hospital like 5 times a year because they become so big. I just had to take a week off of work because I couldnt stand up straight and it would not come to a head so I had to go to the emergency room because I had a fever too. I HAVE BEEN TO MANY DOCTORS, DERMOTOLOGISTS, AND SPECIALISTS OVER THE YEARS and NONE have ever prescribed this product to me. I was presribed hibeclens which I use in the shower and countless antibiotics but they never help. The boils continue to reoccur. The doctors can not tell my why and I tested negative for MRSA or Staph infection. Anyway, this time I actually told a co-worker who badgered me until I told her what was wrong. She told me to pick up some prid and that I will not regret it. I went to Walmart and picked one up for less than $5. Fastforward a week later and I have combated 3 of those suckers within 24 hours of them feeling hard!!!! HOOOORRAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! Can this really be true? It is NOT PAINFUL! Follow the instructions. WHY HAVE THE DOCTORS NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT THIS?! I feel like I have been given a gift. This is a must have and I had to share my experience with you. THIS STUFF WORKS

5.0 out of 5 stars Always works!, July 16, 2008
I've been using Smile's Prid for nearly 20 years, ever since I stumbled across a few cans of it on the shelf of a local drug store. The packaging looked like something from 1899, so of course I was intrigued. I used it on an infected bug bite overnight by putting some on the wound and covering it with a band-aid, and the next morning was pleased to discover it had worked like a charm. It's created for small boils and other wounds which have pus that needs to be drawn out; it's much safer to let the infection come out on its own with Prid than it is to squeeze the wound. Prid draws the stuff out within a few hours, never stings, and a single can lasts forever. The consistency and color is a little off-putting, but it works so well that appearance doesn't matter. Just make sure you follow directions, and use with a bandage so the Prid doesn't get on your clothes.

The formula changed a few years ago to be "homeopathic" and it works just as well as the old formula did. The only difference appears to be in the consistency of the salve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Rub, January 13, 2014
First, I had NO idea what it was supposed to be used for. I was at the Walmart at midnight, waiting on my lunch to wrap up (its the only place in town open at midnight, other than the 24 hour burrito place) and I was wandering about. I originally went to look for something else and my eye caught this orange and black colored box. I picked it up and was like "What in the world is a Salve?" I turned it over a few times in my hands, put it back, picked it back up, and decided that since it was under five bucks, I'd try it (even though I still didn't know what it was or should be used for).

I opened it up and it had a sort of weird aroma. Not necessarily bad, but odd. Kind of like menthol or camphor. At the time, I had this zit pop up (haha, no pun intended) on my cheek near my ear (where my headset rubs). It was a deep one (I could tell from the way it hurt when I accidentally brushed it adjusting my headset). I decided to try this, remembering something about salves drawing out stuff.

I was concerned about the color of the salve... it was like an olive-drab green weird color you'd expect to see in the military or something. I was like- well, the bump is red, so maybe if it does come off green it'll balance the color out a bit like the color correcting make-up.

The salve itself actually isn't thick enough when rubbed on to have a color. I only put a thin layer, much like chapstick layer, and I didn't cover it. At my next bathroom break, the zit had come to ahead and was easily cleaned out. I then put another layer on and all that is left is a tiny red dot that is fading away quickly. I then proceeded to put it on my two other zits and they've lessened in swelling and redness. I have one more cystic zit, and I just put it in on there, so hopefully in a few days time I will be zit free again until this time next month.

In conclusion: Not sure what other folks would use it for, but man is it good at drawing out some pretty nasty cystic acne.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, August 7, 2011
I'll say right up front that, while I will always read posted reviews, I normally don't write them myself, but I was astounded at how well this product worked. I have mechanical folliculitis, meaning that when I shave, about 6 hairs in 10 will be ingrown. Lucky, ain't I? So when I noticed a red knot under my arm, I wiped the area down with alcohol, sterilized a needle, and lanced what I thought was a shallow pustule. Three days later, I can barely move my arm without crying as something about the size of a gumball has grown in. I did all the things you shouldn't do: tried to pop the boil, tried to squeeze the junk out of it (yeeee-ouch!). Warm salty compresses helped the pain a bit, but it wasn't going away, and internet research said a boil may take weeks to run its course. Weeks! I couldn't handle that, and it was also looking really gross: hot, inflamed with a greenish-yellow center with a suspicion of little boils appearing around it (i.e. a carbuncle, which is supposed to be an ER-worthy problem). In desperation, I turned to message boards and saw review after review mentioning this product. I was extremely skeptical (I am of anything that calls itself "Homeopathic." As my dad says, 'homeopathic' is just Latin for snake-oil.), but desperate and unwilling to go to the ER. I picked up a can from local pharmacy after church. Less that 12 hours later, the green gunky stuff is gone, the knot has shrunken to a fraction of what it was, and while the skin is still broken and inflamed, it is no longer feverish. The stuff doesn't half stink, and it tingles a bit when spread over broken skin. But if you can stand the smell, it really does seem to work, even if you've already done all the wrong things to 'fix' a boil. I'm quite pleased and definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars The last resort that saves your skin, March 25, 2012
This helped clear away a 'mystery' skin condition I had and helped when nothing else did. From what I gather from reading these reviews, others' experiences are similar. I'm not the type to believe in homeopathic remedies, but if this works for whatever reason, it works. Enough said because the results speak for themselves.

If the salve is stored in a cold environment, it is more dense and tougher to actually get onto your finger. Run your finger under hot water for a while, and then rub your finger in the salve to get it warmed up and to the point that it will adhere to your finger. The directions say to cover the area with gauze or a bandage, but I have had great results without covering it in an area where it would have been very inconvenient to do so. (If you can cover it, that might make it work even better though.) The tin is small, but only a minuscule amount is required, so I expect it to last for quite a while, and that makes the price very fair.

Definitely this would be something I would keep in the medicine cabinet right along with the standard stock of peroxide and rubbing alcohol.

Recommended 100%.

5.0 out of 5 stars never without it in our medicine cabinet!, January 17, 2012
debbie marler (park hills, missouri, US) - See all my reviews
i had an open wound on the bottom of my foot for several days. couldn't figure out what it was. i put prid on it several times a day for about 4 days. lo and behold, i was changing the bandage one day and i saw something shiny sticking out of my foot. the prid salve actually helped draw the piece of glass out of my foot.

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS WORKS!!!!!! IT REALLY DOES!!!!, November 27, 2013
after reading the reviews, and needing a remedy for boils, in which I get them often from shaving, PRID is the answer!! This stuff works GREAT!!! I normally use Boil Ease and it is messy, expensive and it stinks, however now I have found PRID and I am grateful!!! If you suffer from boils due to ingrown hairs and need a remedy!!! this is it!!! The pain stopped instantly after applying and it started to drain about 30 minutes later. This product WORKS!!!!!! I found it at the Vitamin Store. Thanks PRID!! I will be ready for the holidays BOIL FREE!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked Like a Charm!, December 22, 2010
I was bit by a spider about 5 days ago- I started to get worried because the affected area looked like it was beginning to get worse. I've cleaned it daily with antiseptic wash, used hydro-cortisone cream, and took pain killers to help it along- all to no avail. The area was still feverish to the touch, hard, aching, and swollen. Last night I put some Prids on it and all night long, the area was burning and stinging. By morning, I had some disgusting fluids coming out of the area and now all the swelling is gone! The area is no longer hot to the touch or painful. I'm amazed by this little tin of all natural goodness & plan to always keep it in the medicine cabinet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorcery... magic?!, April 18, 2013
I did not purchase this product from Amazon but I did get me some yesterday after struggling with some major stress pimples. And maybe it's psychological, I don't know- but here is my experience with it so far:

People online were mentioning so many uses for this salve (SALVE?! I did not realize we still lived in the 1890's but whatever) but I mostly got it for my ridiculous pimples. I purchased this yesterday afternoon and slapped it on my pimples and within a few hours pus had visibly come up to the surface (to be fair, I had already "treated" the pimples with warm compresses the night before so the "drawing" time may have been reduced) and by about 10pm that night my biggest pimple (I know, I keep saying pimples and it's kind of gross but we're talking about a review for a salve here)was draining a lot. I then put more salve on the pimples, put bandaids on them, and went to bed. As side experiments, I also put a light layer on nearby tiny bumps (blackheads, perhaps?) and on a very deep ingrown hair I had had for a while. The ingrown hair wasn't irritated but I could see a faint outline of the hair through my skin. I knew it was deep because even though I could see the very faint outline, there was no irritation and no raised skin to indicate that the hair was close to the surface. I also realize that my body sounds all messed up at this point- pimples, blackheads, ingrown hairs.

So I woke up this morning to see that the tiny bumps had either diminished or disappeared. This could be coincidence but I like to believe it was the magic of the salve. My larger pimples had drained of pus and were smaller in size, albeit still pretty red. But! Then I checked my ingrown hair and I saw that the faint outline had gotten darker, enough that when I lightly scratched the surface of my skin I could clearly see the hair. It's not enough yet that I can easily get to it but I think if I give it another day or two I'll be successful. Ingrown hairs are not uncommon for me but half the time they "ingrow" so deep that the only way I can get to them is if I demolish parts of my own skin.

Is... is this magic? Are the secret ingredients for this product unicorn feathers and leprechaun tears? Whatever it is, it is amazing. If you don't mind the smell of bitter medicine on your skin and the possibly of your skin getting stained from the dark salve, order some PRID drawing salve today!

5.0 out of 5 stars God sent for a HS sufferer, May 25, 2013
I have suffered from hidradenitis suppurativa for 15 years which causes lesion / boils on my inner thighs. I had been in remission until I got pregnant and it came back with a vengenance. I had a boil in the crevice between my stomach and my thigh which was incredibly pain. I wore heat pads for 8 hours a day for 3 days and it just kept getting bigger with no head in sight. It was so painful to walk, get in the car, etc. I was minutes away from going to the ER to beg them to lance it or inject steriods to reduce the swelling.

Anyway, I got this salve at the drugstore and was SOOO skeptical because it is "homeopathic". I spread the salve ALL over the boil and covered with a bandage. Two hours later, I noticied it didn't hurt as bad. I took off the bandage and pressed gently on the boil and pus pored out (Gross I know, but it felt so much better).

I showered, washed the area with hot water and soap and reapplied the salve. Hopefully this thing will be completely gone in a few days.

Smiles' Prid Homeopathic Drawing Salve, 18 GM, 1 each