4.0 out of 5 stars For the price, can't complain
My company recently took a ski trip, so I needed to pick up some goggles. Since I rarely go, I decided to get as cheap a pair as I could find, which turned out to be these.

Comfort/Style

Published on March 13, 2012 by UltimoIce

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor visibility when needed.
Published 22 months ago by J. Voorheis

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price, can't complain, March 13, 2012

Comfort/Style
-------------

They lay against the face very comfortable. They have a strap to adjust to your head size. However, on my 6'3'' noggin, they were very tight against my nose unless I had them up high enough. Which made them a tiny bit awkward on my face. But I dealt with it. They look like standard goggles, so I didn't stand out either in a good or bad way.

Utility
-------------

These worked for blocking out wind and ice. And I could see really well through them. I did notice if I wore them for extended amounts of time, my vision was slightly distorted when I took them off. Not sure if that is because the lenses aren't perfectly attuned (I have perfect vision without glasses/contacts), or because they were resting too tightly against my face.

There were a few times, since they were resting so far up on my head, that air got underneath and created fog...kind of like those cheap paintball masks. Of course, when you're skiing, there's nothing you can do about it. Trying to remove the fog just makes it worse. But it only happened occassionally.

-------------

I'd say, if you are a hobbiest skier, these will work fine. The only major concern are the lenses getting foggy, but perhaps your heads are smaller than mine, and they will lay perfectly flat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good deal and fits over glasses, September 8, 2012
This review is from: Smith Optics SC Black Clear Lens Goggle (Automotive)
Great price, and fitted over my glasses. However be aware it is *not* airtight--there are gaps at the top and bottom that are covered with a thin layer of foam--so if you're looking for something airtight look elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, January 3, 2013
This review is from: Smith Optics SC Black Clear Lens Goggle (Automotive)
Purchased two sets for 13 year old dirtbike riding boys. They love the goggles. Both commented how surprised they were at the comfort. Didnt fog up during a ride in the cold here in Georgia over Christmas. Crystal clear lens. I would buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars almost awesome, February 1, 2012
This review is from: Smith Optics SC Black Clear Lens Goggle (Automotive)
I would have given five stars, if the buckle on the back had some kind of covering to keep from scratching the helmet. other than that, i love them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor visibility when needed., January 31, 2013
This review is from: Smith Optics SC Black Clear Lens Goggle (Automotive)
Bought these goggles for a two day ski trip to Big Sky Montana. I decided I'd purchase an inexpensive pair because I only ski about twice a decade. The first day of the trip was sunny and 44 degrees with little wind so fortunately I didn't have use for the goggles. The second day the weather did a 180. It was 30 degrees, winds at 10-15 mph, and snowing steadily near the base of loan peak with winds at 25-40 mph winds closer to the top. Using the goggles became a necessity at this point. The goggles were very comfortable but, despite repeated attempts with an anti-fog wipe, they would continually cloud up in <30 seconds. The only remedy seemed to be pulling them away from my face periodically to allow air to flow in and equalize the moisture levels inside and outside the goggles. You can imagine how difficult this can be on very challenging runs with very low visibility to start. There was marginal relief when my velocity increased which seemed to force air into the goggles, but otherwise the ventilation was clearly (more like unclearly) substandard. My sunglasses did fit under the goggles which was nice but a bit cumbersome to situate on the fly.
I recommend upgrading to a well ventilated pair with some tinting to increase terrain visibility and provide more UV protection. My brother purchased a $35 pair at the lodge by the same manufacturer and never had a single problem. So much for scrimping on equipment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, February 21, 2013
This review is from: Smith Optics SC Black Clear Lens Goggle (Automotive)
I am not an outdoor sportsman. I ordered these to use when I do chores outside. They are great, fit over my glasses, and they do not fog up on these bitter Illinois days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal, April 13, 2013
Gregor (Macon, GA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smith Optics SC Black Clear Lens Goggle (Automotive)
I have to admit that I haven't bought or worn $75 to $150 pairs of goggles like Oakley or 100%, and after wearing these I doubt I ever will. These goggles cost less than many replacement lenses, less than $14 including free Prime shipping! They fit perfectly over my Fox full face MX helmet with a clear field of view. They don't come in a fancy package nor do they include a cloth storage sleeve or lens cleaning, but who cares? At this price you can afford to toss them after a muddy ride. I plan to purchase 5 at a time to keep in my gear bag for less money than one pair of premium brand name goggles. Plus, if you keep extra on hand you can give them to a fellow rider if the need arises and look like a hero.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some tendency to fog up., December 11, 2012
This review is from: Smith Optics SC Black Clear Lens Goggle (Automotive)
The goggles themselves are fine, but they are not well ventilated. I found them fogging up quite badly after a bit of physical activity.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alright for the Price, February 13, 2012
This review is from: Smith Optics SC Black Clear Lens Goggle (Automotive)
This product is pretty good for the price. The strap feels a little weak like it could snap but it hasn't yet. The clear goggles lenses feel real cheap.

2.0 out of 5 stars Goggles not for use in cold weather or cold weather sports, December 8, 2013
This review is from: Smith Optics SC Black Clear Lens Goggle (Automotive)
Bought these for winter wear when walking my dogs. No good for use in cold weather. They immediately fog up so bad you cannot see out of them. When I contacted the seller their reply was "this goggle also does not come with an anti-fog lens, and is not listed as having an anti-fog lens. you need to look for a ski goggle to prevent fogging?. So BUYER BEWARE - if you are even thinking of using these in a situation which may cause fogging - DO NOT BUY. Note - the seller's disclaimer does not appear in the description. Even so they are listed as #10 in Sports & Outdoors > Action Sports > Skiing > Goggles or #63 in Sports & Outdoors > Action Sports > Snowboarding. Listing them as such is misleading.

Smith Optics SC Black Clear Lens Goggle