4.0 out of 5 stars functional, comfortable but scratch
Published on November 28, 2010 by Loris Villani

1.0 out of 5 stars These goggles are terrible
I put these goggles on my face, within 10 minutes a streaky film inbetween the lenses became visible and completely ruined my vision (and my day).
I thought it just may have been a bad lense but when I put in the extra lense they came with the same exact thing happened. The foggy film was completely covering the lense inside the lenses so I couldn't do anything about...
Published on February 14, 2012 by B-Frim

4.0 out of 5 stars functional, comfortable but scratch, November 28, 2010
This review is from: Smith I/O Goggle (Sports)
Bought models I/OS and I/O for wife and me. Both came with two lenses: Ignitor Mirror (VLT 35%, multipurpose all around light conditions) and Sensor Mirror (VLT 70% flat and low light conditions). The Sensor lens is ideal for skiing in cloudy and stormy days, we used both models during a heavy blizzard and the lens performed as well as we could hope for. Using anti-fog Fog-tech wipes we had very minimal fogging. Cons: lenses scratch very easily. We had read about that in another review so we were extremely careful. We also followed manufacturer's instructions not to wipe lenses when wet or humid. Despite all our care, lenses show some scratches just after one day of use (can't image having to pay so much attention on a regular basis!!!). At 50$ a lens, it's pretty bad when they scratch just by sitting in the box or looking at them. The hard plastic used for both the buckle and length adjustments can easily be one of the sources of possible scratches.

Update: Since the initial review we had a chance to try the Ignitor mirror lens too. We were worried the lens was too light for a seriously sunny day, but to our surprise it performed rather well. We used it in a as "bright as you can think" day (gosh... I should post the pictures here to make you believe) and it didn't let us down. The shade color allowed for a smooth transition from completely sunny to shadow areas of the slopes and we it worked well throughout the day for different lights.
Overall we are really happy with the purchase we made. We are planning to buy spares and we are seriously considering to repurchase the same lenses.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, April 27, 2011
This review is from: Smith I/O Goggle (Sports)
Goggles work very well, extra lens is very hardy, the only downside is there is no easy way to carry the spare lens when you're on the slopes...

Note to those considering, this goggle comes with a senson mirror lens as the spare, so when ordering, choose the lens you would prefer for bright light, and then you will have the senson mirror for flat light

5.0 out of 5 stars Smith I/O Goggles, February 8, 2011
This review is from: Smith I/O Goggle (Sports)
These goggles are awesome. I chose them as an upgrade from the Oakley A-Frame because the Oakleys were too small for my face. Oakley has larger goggles but none that fit as well as the Smith I/O or have as much peripheral vision. The Smith I/O is a great goggle for a good price. It is also nice that they come with an extra lens which is worth about $50, which you would have to pay for with any other goggle. I would recommend purchasing the Smith goggle Helmet Helper if planning to use with a helmet. It elongates the strap and eliminates the clip being in the back of the strap where the helmet goggle clip normally is. Overall very pleased with this purchase and would recommend to anyone, especially riders with medium to large faces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, December 20, 2010
This review is from: Smith I/O Goggle (Sports)
When you're snowboarding, or skiing or whatever, you want to see.

I wanted to make the best of my time this winter season and hopefully many others after it which is why I invested in these goggles.

These goggles are big, and the lens is beautiful. The first day I went out I got many compliments on them.

From a full day of snowboarding I did not have to wipe the lens as it did not fog up, and fortunately there were no scratches despite my many falls.

Other features? Life just looks better out of these goggles. My friend tried these out after taking off his cheaper ones and said I ruined his day because he couldn't get back to his other ones anymore.

Definitely happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, huge field of vision, no fogging., July 26, 2011
This review is from: Smith I/O Goggle (Sports)
My dad and I both purchased a set of these goggles before our trip to Colorado last year. Both of us agreed that these were the best goggles we've ever owned, or would ever own. The best part is that they come with two sets of lenses! The default lens is the Ignitor Mirror- worked really well in all conditions and pretty well in flat light. I chose the Red Sol X Mirror as the second lens- which works great in sunnier conditions, and I might add looks pretty cool on the mountain. Neither of us experienced any fogging the entire trip. We also thought the field of vision was incredibly wide. You will forget you are wearing googles. They are also very comfortable. The only issue I could see people complaining about is that you could scratch these goggles if you are not careful. However, I took care of mine and didn't have any major scratches.

Pros:
-Field of vision
-2 lenses including, replaceable lenses
-no fogging
-looks great
-comfortable

Cons:
-Somewhat scratch-prone
-A little pricey, but you pay for what you get

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Goggles for all snow and light conditions, March 27, 2012
This review is from: Smith I/O Goggle (Sports)
These are really great goggles. Awesome wide vision and with two lenses you have all the bases covered for different weather and snow conditions. Fits well with helmets and hasn't fogged up yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Goggles, February 16, 2012
This review is from: Smith I/O Goggle (Sports)
I have been using a 25$ pair of Siberia Sport goggles for 3 years now. They served me well, looked reasonable, and were durable. I decided to upgrade because I wanted sturdier lenses, more sleek and stylish goggles, and a more attractive color scheme.

These Smith I/O goggles are exactly what I was looking for. The minute I opened the box I was blown away by how awesome they look and feel. Great construction, fit well, and are nice and light without feeling flimsy. I purchased the Red Sol X lens color along with the Sensor lenses. Needless to say I will be turning some heads on the slopes for sure.

Great purchase, no regrets.

*EDIT* After wearing my goggles in action, I feel I must add one comment...

If you purchased any of the Mirrored lenses be very careful to not let the lens come in contact with rough surfaces such as the ground. The mirror coating seems to scratch off very easily. Otherwise, they are everything I wanted.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love them but they scratch easily, February 5, 2012
This review is from: Smith I/O Goggle (Sports)
These are great goggles about the best I've had. However be extremely careful about the lenses they love to scratch and replacements are super expensive. So with care these babies are great but take excellent care of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Goggle Ever, August 17, 2011
This review is from: Smith I/O Goggle (Sports)
I've been riding for over 20 years and have owned dozens of goggles throughout that time. I love watching snow technology progress overall, and see all the innovations that come along with better materials, user reviews/requests and science. I feel like these I/O goggles take those factors to their peak. They have never fogged on me, even hiking and getting sweaty on a moist Cali pow day. The range of view is the best I've experienced, and that's a big factor for me, 'cause I hate feeling like I have blinders on, and like to see where I'm landing while I'm spinning as quickly as possible. And the topper is how easy and quick it is to change the lenses! I can't imagine a better goggle and will just continue to purchase various lenses for these. (right now I own the clear, the Sensor, and Ignitor)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, January 8, 2012
Booker (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smith I/O Goggle (Sports)
I went skiing last year with cheap goggles that fogged up easily. It made skiing miserable. I bought a pair of these Smith I/O goggles with two lenses, but I've really only used the Ignitor Mirror. They're perfect! The goggles never fog, and the lens is perfect for dark/cloudy conditions. I've also used the Ignitor Mirror lens on a sunny day, and I had no problem with the glare. They were as good as any sunglasses. I would definitely recommend these goggles. They're a little pricey, but I think they're worth the investment.

Smith I/O Goggle