5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice looking, great fit
I don't have a giant face, and it seems that most of the aviator shades are designed with people who have (or I have a small face?).

Published 24 months ago by Edward V. Hawk

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Sunglasses
Edit: I previously wrote a 3 star review saying these don't look as pictured and werent really mirrored. I gave them a second shot and overall when outside in the sun they do look like the picture, and are mirrored. Inside or in lower light outsideother people can see through the lenses, which is good in my opinion.
These sunglasses come in a lot of great unique...
Published 16 months ago by Buc_Nasty

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Sunglasses, March 25, 2013
These sunglasses come in a lot of great unique colors, polarized, for a very good price compared to most other name brand polarized sunglasses. I have the matte black/gold mirrored. I also tried the blue mirror and the "polarized platinum polycarbonate". The platinum do NOT look like the picture - the lenses are black not silver. The blue and gold look more or less like the picture, especially when in direct bright sun. Looking OUT the gold isnt as dark as the view through the blue, and I prefer them.
I have a narrower head which makes more sunglasses look kind of ridiculous on me, but these SLIM ones are great.
NOTE: these do not come with a case, but ill still give them 5 stars

2nd Edit:
I have had these for 3-4 months. I reduced my 5 star review to 2 stars.
Pros:
- Look good (if you can get them to fit right)
- Relatively cheap compared to other brand similar styles/polarization
- good for narrow face
- good color selection

Cons:
- The hinge om the right side CONSTANTLY loosens so the earpiece flaps freely just by gravity if not wearing the glasses. I had to buy an eyeglass kit and have to tighten the screw before every single time I wear them.
- the tips of both ear pieces (the loose one and the tight one)rub against the inner part of the lens when not being worn. I even bought a case to keep these safer than with the cloth bag they come with and they scratch themselves in the case too - there are now permanent scratch marks on the inside of both lenses from the ear pieces.
- I cannot seem to get these to fit correctly. Adjusting the nosepieces/earpieces always feels like theyre going to break. Once I get them right, after a few wears they always feel loose, crooked, and like theyre about to fall off. I even had them fitted at lenscrafters and they adjusted the earpieces, nosepieces, but after a couple times wearing theyre back to being wrong again.
-Also they do seem to be the right size for my face its not just a fit problem

Bottom line - these glasses are now useless and wearable but technically broken after a few months of light use (maybe 2x a week). I'm going to see if I can be compensated by the manufacturers warranty. Its a shame because they do look great in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice looking, great fit, August 7, 2012
This review is from: Smith Serpico Slim Sunglasses - Polarized (Eyewear)

These things fit me perfect. Not to big, not to small. Polarized lenses make a huge difference with glare and color, you can tell the moment you look up at a bright sunnbut the main thing I'm happy with is I've finally found a pair of aviator shades that fit me. Always a crap shoot when buying these online, but the price was right (well under $100 for quality sunglasses is muy bueno), and the fit is great.

I'd give these a 4.5 out of 5; the only reason I'm giving .5 off is because I've worn some Maui Jims that had better lens quality; but they also cost over $200. These are perfect for everyday use, and I won't cry if I lose them (which, knowing me, will happen).

YMMV, but if you have a smaller face and are looking for some decent, good looking aviator style frames for not a lot of money, I'd take a look at these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Me, March 5, 2013
This review is from: Smith Serpico Slim Sunglasses - Polarized (Eyewear)
Nice looking, sturdy, fit my face perfectly & priced so I won't cry if I lose them. My teenage daughter keeps trying to steal them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great aviators, June 26, 2013
These are sized much closer to the original glasses they imitate rather than the oversize models in fashion. The lenses are of a plastic material which has some odd edges near the frame. Optically they are perfect and the wrap solves one of my gripes about original aviator designs. Overall, quite pleased with these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect women's sunglasses, June 1, 2013
I like these because they fit a smaller face. The opticals on them are fantastic, blocking out the irritatating sun rays, and the vision is perfect. Once you try these, you will never go back to cheap sunglasses. They cost a bit more, but are worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for Money, April 17, 2013
agstar (Sacramento, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smith Serpico Slim Sunglasses - Polarized (Eyewear)
I noticed that these were on Sale and bought them because I have a smaller head than most people. The 'Slim' Serpico is a perfect fit for my face. The nose pad is a bit loose but I am used to it now. Highly recommend if you have a smaller face than usual and the regular Serpico Sunglasses are too big for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for smaller face, January 30, 2013
Tried these on at REI and realized they fit me very well. They contour to the face well and the lenses look good. It's taken years to find a good pair of aviators--mission successful!

4.0 out of 5 stars lens falls out, June 22, 2012
book buddy (North Marshfield, MA United States) - See all my reviews
The glasses are perfect for a smaller face and they fit well. The only issue I have is the lens on one side keeps popping out with just the slightest pressure - so when i clean it I need to be extra gentle.

2.0 out of 5 stars two broken pair, July 22, 2014
I likes them - but one of the lenses kept falling out. So I sent them back with my receipt and they sent me a new pair within two weeks. The new pair has the same problem - lenses kept falling out. I'm not even going to bother sending them back -. Plus I had the problem other have noted where the lenses would get scuffed up by the earpiece. I would not buy these again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lenses pop out constantly!!, July 12, 2014
I have been a loyal Smith customer for 14 years. All of my previous sunglasses have been awesome, especially for a smaller face. I wanted to love the Serpico Slim's but after the first lens popped out, they constantly pop out and will not stay intact. I never know when a lens is going to come out and even from the slightest touch. It's very embarrassing. I'm a little skeptical about the quality of Smith products now. I would not purchase the Serpico Slim Sunglasses again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›