Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Cole Swindell Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Size: Medium (55cm-59cm)|Color: Matte Black|Change
Price:$199.99

on July 26, 2011
My dad and I each purchased one of these helmets last ski season. This was the top of the line Smith helmet in 2010 for a reason. Most importantly it is very comfortable and breathes great on the mountain, with multiple air vent options. This helmet is made to pair with Smith I/O Goggle and the helmet and goggles system breathes very well together. You will not experience goggle fog! I would recommend going to a ski/sporting good shop to try one on so that you get the right size. If your helmet is too big or too small you will be uncomfortable.

Pros:
-Comfortable
-Breathable, highly customizable vents
-Good field of vision
-Pairs great with Smith I/O Goggle
-Option for headphones in the ear muffs

Cons:
-Somewhat pricey, but you are paying for quality and safety
-Not as stylish as other brands
on November 20, 2011
Wow this helmet is so comfortable, and I just installed the skull candy. The sound is awesome. You cannot go wrong with this helmet. I used to have a Giro g10 helmet and my ears always hurt after wearing all day. I have worn this smith helmet at home and so far really comfortable looks great and will definately outshine any helmet on the mountain. The best money I have spent on a helmet in my 20 years of skiing. Definately the Rolls royce of helmets. Really lightweight too!!
on December 26, 2012
technically the helmet is very-very nice, light, durable, etc
but this particular color (Frost Gray Stereo) is rather strange, and the photo provided here is misleading... the real color is much more vivid and (what's more important) totally shiny/glossy!!! nothing matted like you could think looking at the picture here

Update
the outer shell of this helmet is made of two parts and probably because of this the upper part of the outer shell is rather loose. it shifts by about one-two millimeters relative to the rest of the helmet. I checked the same model in my retail shop, the same looseness.

It should not influence the protection properties (I believe), but may be will add some extra vibrations when shooting with on-helmet camera. I've just bought a GoPro H3, and will keep the review updated when have some more experience.
on January 21, 2013
I hope I never have to "use" this helmet, but it fits well, is comfortable, good ventilation options, sharp looking and is highly compatible with Smith goggles (one would assume that much). True to size, when I'm skiing I often forget I'm wearing it at all. Nice piece of equipment, but with some smaller details I'm not thrilled with. Although comfortable, the chin strap is hard to adjust and a little sloppy, and the dial adjuster on the back seems kind of cheap; doesn't really have a solid "click" and appears to slip. A foam piece in the earflap has come out (I've installed the Skullcandy audio kit, which are an entirely different story), but easily replaced (it didn't tear out). The entire compartment where an audio kit can be installed almost looks like the helmet's "crawl space," a mix of loose leather and foam, but houses the wiring just fine. All in all a good helmet, but a hefty price tag. Guessing it's the leather trim that ups the cost.
on March 1, 2013
Pros:
Very light weight
Fits well
Warm
Great ventilation options (2 variable vents)
Very nice with matching I/O and I/Ox goggles

Cons:
My first helmet - a lot of wind noise, but I assume this is unavoidable
Chin strap is somewhat oddly designed

Overall, great helmet!
on April 9, 2012
I have an exceptionally large head and it is hard to find hats and helmets to wear...extremely hard! For years I have been wearing a helmet when I snowboard and I always had to take it off between runs as it gave me a headache but this one is simply great! Fits very well, is comfortable long term and has great system for putting in speakers so you can listen to music and phone without earbuds. Vent works well although the slide is basically backwards of what you would think (forward to open vents, backwards to close them...should be the other way around).

No shortcomings to this helmet that I can see. You can buy cheaper ones but for me, this one was worth every penny.
on January 11, 2011
The Smith helmet is very ergonomic, warm and allows you to install your headphones in a very easy and neat way! So you ski with your best music. I bought also the Smith googles and the combination was A+!
on March 15, 2013
The helmet fits great and is very comfortable. I also love the headphone integration for my skull candy drop ins. If your looking for a high quality helmet look no further. Your comfort and protection is worth every penny!
on June 7, 2012
Aside from the fact that I look like a total badass when I wear this helmet, it is freakin comfortable too. Vents are easy to open and close, nice goggle band holder in the back and insulated ear covers. Booyah.
on March 14, 2013
I like the adjustable size feature. The helmet is warm and comfortable. The inside lining is well made and ear covers are easy to remove / reinstall. I'm looking into the Bluetooth accessory but have not purchased. Looks easy to add. Good helmet.