Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on March 25, 2013
Not a bad tool, but it is a bit on the flimsy side. Clearly, it's not made for moving rocks and whatnot, but for basic dirt/sand/mud recovery, it gets the job done...kinda. I really like how compact it is, and the pouch is well-made too.
on July 11, 2013
I broke it the first time I used it. I guess it should not be used to dig mud out from under the front of your Jeep.
on September 28, 2012
I bought these shovels to take to the beach and then was going to use them as emergency shovels for my vehicles. I only used one and after only one day of sitting in the ocean breeze the powder coated hardware began to rust, even though it was rinsed thoroughly with fresh water. To further my disappointment when I finally used the shovel to dig in one of the softest mediums know to man, sand, the metal blade gouged grooves into the plastic tightening collar rendering my shovel into nothing more than a glorified hand trowel. I have yet to contact the company to see if they will replace the defective product. I would have returned it to amazon but the return window had closed by the time I got back from the beach. There needs to be a metal bushing between the metal blade and the plastic tightening collar which I may be forced to fabricate myself. Stay away from this or you'll be disappointed.
on October 2, 2014
Emergency tool only. Don't expect this thing to last. mine broke first time out. I let the kids use it in the sand. The folding mechanism stopped working and then broke when trying to fold it down. I will be buying something else that will last more than one use.
on December 16, 2015
Very well build and useful in case of emergency. You can buy less expensive ones from your local department store but you get what you pay for. If you want a pick/shovel that will do the job when you really need it then spend a little more and get a quality one like this.
on December 6, 2015
Wouldn't leave home without it! Collapses down and fits in a little pouch that is provided, I keep it in the emergency kit in my jeep. Have used it several times to move some mud and help get my jeep unstuck. Small but mighty, get one of these if you go mudding.
on January 13, 2015
very compact
easy to use when digging.

haven't used it against Zombies yet, but when I do I have to thrust forward. Its a little uncomfortable to slash with.
I would recommend the "cold steel special forces shovel" now that's a you can slice and dice with.

I keep both products in emergency situations
on February 2, 2013
We keep this in our 4x4 truck that we drive on the beach to help dig people that are stuck or to dig ourselves out of soft sand should we ever get stuck. We love that it is foldable and so compact yet so sturdy.
on February 26, 2015
I bought this brang new and was disappointed when I opened it, the item looked like it was used and refurbished. There was a lot of scratches and the item was dirty. When I buy a brand new item I expect it to be brand new and not some old crap. Very disappointing.
on September 23, 2014
Took this on an outing. Dug a fire pit, dug up some metal detecting findings and it works great! It does all that I need it to do..would be 5 stars but the case is lousy, poor quality in comparison to the shovel. Get a military cover, 4 $ and it is awesome.

See 1 answered question