Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Smittybilt CC330 3" x 30' Recovery Strap - 30,000 lb Capacity
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Style Name: Recovery Strap|Change

I have owned a 4-wheel drive vehicle for over 35 years and I always carry a tow strap in the back. What I've learned in that time is that you have to have a good strap, 30 feet is the right length and you need good shackles. The shackles help you safely attach the strap to a vehicle and help to prevent the strap from being sliced by sharp parts of the car.

The length lets you get far enough away from the person you are pulling to not have them hit you and in one case I actually pulled a car on the shoulder of the road several miles to a service station as it was 25 below zero and I didn't want to leave them there.

I used to only carry this strap in the winter and when I went 4-wheeling but now it is always in the back of my SUV all the time. I wouldn't leave home without it. I even used it to pull out some shrubs around my home that I wanted to replace. I have a huge logging chain but it weighs 10 times what this strap does and the strap is just easier to use and store.

It is very handy and good quality. Every car owner should have one in the trunk or in their truck.
22 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2013
While searching for a towing strap I found many options that looked enticing, however I noticed in reviews that sometimes the rating on the strap they got did not match what they received, I am glad to report that this one matched exactly. It was easy to remove from the packaging.

I actually keep this on my truck to help people I see on the side of the road. It is easy to store and is soft to get through tow loops.

Please check yes if my review was helpful for you!
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Check out the image. The Smittybilt CC330 3" X 30' Recovery Strap -30,000 lb capacity - is being used to guide a 90-foot hickory tree, leaning drastically over a house, so it will fall exactly as planned away from the structure. The orange rope, threaded through a Smittybuilt 13047B 3/4" Black D-Ring, is arborist bull rope with a tensile strength of 23,000 pounds. At the other end of the rope are two 5-ton Come-A-Longs, side by side attached to separate anchor ropes, tightened to about 80% which is a total of 16,000 pounds.

Unless you are an emergency responder called on to pull Big-Foot out of a swamp, this recovery strap is all most folks will ever need.
review image review image
on December 4, 2013
Shame
review image review image review image
88 comments|152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2010
For the price, this recovery strap has worked as well (if not better) than previous recovery straps that I've purchased and have failed due to wear and tear.
on October 13, 2010
I have got many compliments on the sturdiness of this strap. not thin. I have used a few times to pull a buddy out of the mud and works great. Get one before your trail ride.
on March 28, 2015
First weekend I had this I used it to pull out a jeep and a pickup truck buried up to their axles in deep sand. Used in conjunction with the Smittybilt 29312B Reciever Hitch D-Ring which I also purchased on Amazon. I also take this out with me on the side by side in case I need to get anyone unstuck from a sand dune. Had this product for about a year and it hasn't let me down yet. Made with strong material and is well constructed. I would definitely consider this if you are looking for a recovery strap for the tool box.
on February 6, 2016
Well built and will last 20 years if it is kept clean, free of solvents and not exposed to excessive amounts of UV. The last one I had was NOT this beefy and I pulled over trees and stumps out of the ground! Caution: small stumps can fly out the ground and strike the chrome bumper of an F250 leaving a noticeable dent. Don't ask me how I know this...
on January 6, 2015
A ver good strap. This thing has saved my butt on several occasions. A young lady wrecked her car into a pipe fence in a cattle yard. Her car was high centered on the cement on the bottom of the poles. I hooked this strap the the frame of her car and used my winch to pull her clear. I expected some damage because of the weight of the car, and how I had to strap to the car to pull it free. Not a mark. Good stuff!!
on June 20, 2016
A recovery strap is made of stretchable nylon. They are for recovering stuck vehicles, not for towing any distance. On the other hand, tow straps do not stretch and are usually made of polypropylene. Tow straps are only for towing vehicles that cannot propel themselves.

While this product is marked "Recovery Strap", it is also marked "low stretch" and its coarse, slick fibers feel like polypropylene. This is a tow strap. It does seem to be a perfectly good tow strap if that is what you need.

I returned this and bought the highly regarded ARB 30ft. Snatch Strap, model ARB-705. This stretches 20%, says it is made of nylon, and indeed with its soft, fine fibers, it feels like nylon.