4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected but It grows on you Track 5 is killer.
Lynch Mob fans have to get your heads out of the 80's to listen to this.I bought my copy before hearing it ,to say I was suprised is a understatement ,but I liked it enough that I'm going to see them at the Whiskey in a couple of weeks
Published on October 16, 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware Mob Fans!
Published on December 2, 1999 by Scooter

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware Mob Fans!, December 2, 1999
Scooter (Dallas, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smoke This (Audio CD)
The greatness of Mr Scary has taken a complete 360! His sound is now a hybrid of metal,hip-hop,and rap. There are about 4 songs that are enjoyable to me, the rest can go to file 13. Do not get me wrong, I am a huge Lynch fan(the guy is a mastermind on the fretboard), just do not like this cd very well. I will give it to George for getting enough nerve and trying a new sound. He knew he would lose some fans and gain some new ones. If all the songs on the album had the punch of "Hollow" or "What Do You Want", this might be a 5 star cd. If all you old school Lynch/Dokken fans want to hear the stuff George is respected for, he has a new instrumental cd coming out first part of next year. I think it will put a lot of the criticism and negativity to rest! Thank heaven for George Lynch, new or old style!

1.0 out of 5 stars I AM SURE DON DOKKEN IS LAUGHING HIS A$$ OFF!!!!, January 12, 2006
ROCK GODD (MID-WEST, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smoke This (Audio CD)
I still can't believe how horrible this CD is. The one long review here had to be written by either a syncophant of George's or a relative. For God sakes, how can anyone find anything redeaming about this slop? Loved the first 2 Lynch Mob CD's and George Lynch solo. Love all he has done after he learned his lesson on this. You can "rap all ya want" about George and his great vision but you didn't see him do another like this now did ya?

I can't even find anything good to say about this other than I was glad I got some fool to BUY IT and there isn't enough space here or time on my part to list all the bad. Most notably, terrible songs, terrible rap singer from Compton or other highly African-American hang out, large absense of classic George Lynch guitar and solos, it just BLOWS DONKEY YOU KNOW WHAT!!! I am glad George stopped smoking whatever he was smoking when he made "Smoke This" and I am sure it makes Don Dokken laugh his ass off even today when he puts one of these songs on. Not to say Don hasn't hit some foul balls in the last decade of his own albums but Don's worst is at least listenable. This is just k-rap!! PASS AND SAVE THE DOUGH, ya ain't gonna get any classic George Lynch fix on this one people!

1.0 out of 5 stars Lynch This Mob, April 23, 2000
William Smith (Fontana, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smoke This (Audio CD)
Now this cd does contain a track or 2 thats good... and uh, thats it. Some people want to expand their horizons, but should really know who they are by now and build upon their true strengths. If you are trying to decide whether to buy this or the new Dokken, here's some advice: Take your copy of Tooth and Nail/Under Lock and Key, insert in stereo, turn up full blast, grab a drink, lock the door, and realise there is truly NO going home.

1.0 out of 5 stars oh,no. We lost another great., October 20, 2000
Pablo Roybal (Albuquerque, New Mexico United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smoke This (Audio CD)
I really don't know what to say about this CD except that when I first heard it, I was truly, truly brought down. I am a huge eighties metal fan, and a HUGE fan of Dokken. As a guitar player myself, George Lynch is an idol. He is a guitar god!!. I was upset when he left Dokken, and was intrested to hear what Lynch Mob was all about. My cousin got this CD because he too is a Lynch fan and was curious to hear the new Lynch Mob CD "Smoke This". I spoke with him only a few hours after he had bought this CD, his face still in disbelief as he warned me that I did not want to hear the CD. I insisted to ignore what he was saying and give the CD a spin, after all it was George Lynch here. How bad could it possibly be? I threw it on my CD player, listened to the first song, and I truly wanted to cry. The truth had to be faced. George has suffered the same fate as Tommy Lee (also a great talent). Both George and Tommy have sold out SICK to the new and very annoying so called "rock rap" trash. Ok so there are a few differences between Lynch Mob and Methods of Meyhem. Although I have to say that I am equally dissapointed with both Tommy and George. In Methods.. it is Tommy who is doing the rapping vocals, he is upfront making and idiot of himself by being the white boy who is trying to be black. Tommy is more responsible for the music sounding horrible because he is the one up front rapping. George is not the frontman on the "Smoke This" CD. It is some other white boy wannabe that is doing the horrible rapping vocals. What makes me dissapointed with George to the same degree as Tommy is that although he is not the one doing the rapping, some of the songs on "Smoke This" are even more hardcore rap than "Methods of Meyhem". Some of it actually aproaches gangsta rap territory. Also for anyone looking for George's signature badass guitar riffs and solos, there are none. I don't know where the hell the guitar is but it's probably lost somewhere in the badly written, lost talent, and all around horrible (I mean HORRIBLE)excuse for a record that is "Smoke This". Dokken fans, and actually music fans in general, stay away from this one. If it was free, it would still be about $100 too expensive. If you liked Dokken in the eighties, go get Dokken's "Erase the Slate", you won't be disappointed. Dokken is still Rockin'. George on the other hand, we can add to the list of fallen heroes and hope that one day we will see the return of Mr. Scary.

1.0 out of 5 stars Definately avoid this one, it's George at his worse., August 15, 2003
HornFan2 "Mich" (Ocala, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smoke This (Audio CD)
I never thought that I could play a 13 Song Cd and only listen to one track with out skipping to the next one. Just can't believe, Mr. Scary would even want to play "White Rap with Metal mixed in and make his guitar playing nonexistent. Would much rather have listen to Mr. Scary, Anthony, Mick with either Oni or Robert singing. Just glad that Mr. Scary didn't do what Tommy Lee did and sit his guitar down to sing Rap. There is a happy ending to this sad CD. Mr. Scary is back checkout Lynch Pilson - Wicked Underground and the Lynch Mob-Revolution.

1.0 out of 5 stars Isn't there a "0 Star" rating?, February 24, 2000
Rob (Ohio, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smoke This (Audio CD)
George, you've done it! This is honestly the worst CD I have ever bought. I am a fan of ALL kinds of music, and this is none of them. I liked the old stuff, but if you are gonna do Rock/Rap, AT LEAST DO IT RIGHT! Awful. If you insist on buying this, e-mail me and I will drive it to your house anywhere in the US.

2.0 out of 5 stars What happened?, June 28, 2000
Lawrence J. Jacobs Jr. (Okinawa, Japan (Marine Corps)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smoke This (Audio CD)
I'm a Dokken and Lynch Mob fanatic, but when I heard this album, I could not believe the change in music style. Lynch Mob meets rap..doesn't work! I was expecting Oni to be back singing, but when I bought the CD, it was somebody different. Go back to your roots George and stop selling out to your fans.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Dokken or even Lynch Mob, February 18, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Smoke This (Audio CD)
George Lynch takes a huge deparature from previous Lynch Mob and Dokken albums. This CD has rap / grunge elements in it but I didn't think it showcased Lynch enough. It almost sounds like Anthrax from time to time.
Overall, though, the CD gave me a headache. There are a few decent songs, but the listener is forced to wade through a lot of bad ones.
I think this shouldn't have been a Lynch Mob album. All the former band members are gone (except Lynch of course). If I were Lynch, I'd hire back the previous members, and quick.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not original, October 29, 2001
This review is from: Smoke This (Audio CD)
Poor originality with rich technicality does not make sense, while the latter is not too rich though.

1.0 out of 5 stars George's Mid Life Crisis?, May 24, 2003
"armordsaynt" (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smoke This (Audio CD)
Skip this CD and get the first two! Mr. Scary sure scared the wicked sensation out of me when I heard this CD. I immediately shredded it! I just hope George has learned his lesson from it and gotten his Rap Rock/Metal fix out of his system. Face it George, you belong with us hard rockin', pure rockin', older herdened souls! Stay out of the Limp Doughboys world and stay sacred to your groove!!!!

Smoke This