5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book from the Master
He keeps it simple and real. I love the way the book flows as a cookbook and a story. As soon as you get into it, there's no doubt this is Myron's cookbook. His language is what you'd expect and it's absolutely appreciated.

There are a good number of recipes and all of which are easy to follow. I can't wait to try the cupcake chicken!

The best...
Published on May 11, 2011 by J. Spina

1.0 out of 5 stars Not at the level I expected.
I bought this based on several reviews that gave high praise to the recipes and story of Mr. Mixon. I was expecting a lot more from these recipes, even though the book clearly says "simple" right on the front of it.
I get that Mr. Mixon is the "winningest man blah blah blah" and that his ego is understandably large. But, I don't want to read about how incredibly...
Published 6 months ago by Longbow guy

‹ Previous | 17 8 963 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Should be titled "Ego", December 5, 2013
If the ego got any bigger it would need an encyclopedia Britannica. There's a whole lot of "love me" and "I am the best" in the book, and little substance on how to craft real BBQ (or the science behind it). Lots of pretty pictures, and southern recipes I am sure are not from the author. Add to that, we get to "fish" and its all hot smoke (cooked) fish, nothing smoked or cold smoked, as the title implies.

Bottom line, too much ego and not enough real cooking, IMHO. Your mileage might vary, but if I can return it, I will.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple, straight forward receipes, July 20, 2011
myron is a good ole' boy who knows his "que", and he shares his simple receipes and secrets in an easy to read Man's cook book.
(i keep it in the bathroom)
i bought two, one for me and one for me son.
i just did a whole brisket on monday with his rub,
and it turned out excellent.
thanks myron !!

5.0 out of 5 stars As usual, a great, down-to-Earth BBQ book, May 29, 2011
If you are a little squeamish from reading Low and Slow, please don't even consider this book. You need to stick to baking cupcakes and making fritattas.

Myron writes no-nonesense BBQ mullings and gives some great recipes.

If you love being outside, messing around with a BBQ smoker, screwing around with fire, recipes, making some fine southern food, get this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, May 28, 2011
The book is a quick read with good advice and tips.Myron tells us a wonderful story of his life and his style of BBQ.Buy it

3.0 out of 5 stars Could do better, December 21, 2014
Meh, a lot of chest thumping. Recipes not that awesome.

2.0 out of 5 stars You can find as good, if not better recipes on the, September 12, 2014
You can find as good ,if not better recipes on the web

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tasting recipes!, August 8, 2014
I have made several recipes from this cookbook and have been thrilled with them all! Several of the dishes I have made for dinner guests and received tons of compliments on the meal! One tip, Myron LOVES his salt! I prefer something a little lighter in sodium so what ever he suggests for salt content, I just cut in half. Meals are still really flavorful and I'm creating a slighter healthier version!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book when you desire to learn how to slow ..., July 26, 2014
This is a great book when you desire to learn how to slow cook using BBQ tools that your own. I have tried three different meals meals so far and they have been a big hit each time. My wife really likes the potato salad on page 116. I will admit to making a small portion each time for any new meal and then altering the seasonings to my taste for a second or third try with Myron's actual printed recipes.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... of some reviews - but feel it is a good book for new to somewhat new smokers, July 15, 2014
understand the pros and cons of some reviews - but feel it is a good book for new to somewhat new smokers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 13, 2014