on March 20, 2015
It takes a LOT for me to give anything one star. I think this is the second one in 10 years.

First, I want to say that I was, at one time, a HUGE fan of Whole Foods' 365 Almond Butter. This is the literal truth: I used to drive 1 1/2 hours ONE WAY just to get this brand at the nearest Whole Foods. I would buy in bulk, i.e., two cases every 2 months.

(SIDE NOTE: Each morning, I core a Gala apple, cut it in half, and put almond butter on the two halves. It gives me my fruit and protein. And, almond butter is the one food that you can eat with fruits at the same time. Be careful of eating fruits with other foods at the same time, as fruits digest faster. The body, therefore, thinks that everything you have eaten has been digested, the stomach releases all the food into the intestine with the other food undigested. This is one of the ways people develop food allergies, and also get stomach cramps.)

The 365 Almond Butter was a wonderful product. But, a few years back (I believe it was 2011) something happened.

At that time, Whole Foods raised the price by 60%, according to my calculations. It was no longer economically sound for me to make the trip, burning the gas, and pay for an increase of 60%. I wrote to Whole Foods asking if they might reconsider this rather dramatic raise in price, and was provided really not much of anything from them. They were nice enough, but it would remain a 60% raise in price.

There is another point I want to make. Back then, the product came in a GLASS jar. The taste of the product was VERY good.

Fast forward to 2015. I was traveling in the area of the Whole Foods (Gaithersburg, MD), and so since I was in that area already, I decided to drop in and buy two dozen "jars". WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS.

I was rather concerned about the new packaging. The almond butter was no longer in glass jars but was now in plastic jars. Plastic jars for food is not the best thing, but, thinking that the almond butter would still be the same wonderfully tasting 365 Almond Butter of old, I went through with my purchase.

When I got it home, I opened the first jar (the crunchy kind). WHAT A HORRIBLE TASTING ALMOND BUTTER IT HAD BECOME! JUST AWFUL!!! Then, I thought..."maybe it is just the crunchy kind," and so I opened a jar of the creamy style. It was just as awful as the crunchy.

Some of you might be thinking that I am giving this bad review because I was upset about the 60% increase in price. No. Not so. The price increase was a disappointment, but I simply could not make that trip six months a year with the price increase and the increase in gas costs. But...I LOVED the 365 Almond Butter in the glass jar. I liked the fact that it did not have sugar and other junk in it to ruin the natural almond butter.

But...I am very sad to say that the 365 Almond Butter that I used to devour every day has become the worst tasting food I have tasted in a LONG time. No, I will not attempt to return the full jars. Why spend the money on the gas.

I hope there is another brand of almond butter "out there" that is just almond butter without anything else and tastes good. I used to recommend 365 Almond Butter a LOT. I can no longer do so. It truly has become, in my opinion, an awful product.

Whole Foods...you really blew it, as far as I am concerned.
on February 24, 2012
Texture was nice and creamy, but the flavor was really bad.

Pasty, glue-like -- not even sure how they managed this.

Returning it to the Whole Foods store post-haste.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 16, 2012
The 365 almond butter is delicious! There are no additives and it has a great consistency. I have tried different brands of almond butter and this is exceptional!
on June 15, 2014
please make this available again. I am dying without it. None of the other brands come close. Clean, simple natural flavor without weird sweeteners. It takes alot of strength to get it stirred up initially but once you do refrigerate and it is too die for!!
on June 8, 2012
This is a good product for a good value. Taste is good and it's not too difficult to spread. We leave it out on the counter. Would recommend it for sure.
on March 6, 2012
I received my order in the time that was scheduled. If you like the taste of Almonds you will love this product.
on August 20, 2012
It says "100 % almonds" but then it ALSO says "MAY contain soy, peanuts, tree nuts and dairy".

So obviously it isn't 100% almonds--if it MAY contain soy, it surely is in there since it's so much cheaper.

This gave me a "soy headache"--very deceptive advertising. I recommend BARNEY BUTTER it's BETTER