5.0 out of 5 stars Fits well in time
Published on July 23, 2011 by Jasper

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware
Published on January 6, 2012 by S. Clark

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware, January 6, 2012
This review is from: armel Smooth Stainless Steel Case White Dial Arabic Numbers Modern Pocket Watch with Chain (Watch)
I purchased this watch without carefully reading the product description. There is no claim of "shock-proof", "dust-proof", or "water-proof / water-resistant" in the product description. When the watch arrived I immediately noticed that the clear-plastic "crystal" (watch-window) slipped from side to side in its' housing. Therefore the watch is not dust-proof or water-resistant. (My error for not reading the product info carefully.) In addition, the hinged case does not close tightly so it offers only protection against crushing the crystal. It will give dust and lint access to the watch face. If you are a worker or a kid that often finds dirt and lint in their pockets then this watch will prove unsatisfactory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits well in time, July 23, 2011
Had a pocket watch for years until it finally just wore out, like everything, so I've worn a wristwatch instead, til seeing this one. And just bought this watch last week because I got tired of wearing a wristwatch in the heat and humidity. This pocket watch is a perfect weight, size and has easy to see numbers ( I'm in my 50's + ), and has a nice chain to pull from my left pants pocket when I wanna know the time. It's great. thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Good watch, great service, April 13, 2013
First of all, this watch arrived a whopping three days ahead of schedule. I opened it, immediatly realizing that it was already working, a battery already installed. Inside the box with it was a spare battery and a thank-you note from the company. The watch itself is exactly as described (at least in this case), and should be going for way more cash.

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy this, February 13, 2012
bought this watch and in less than 24 hours the clasp to keep it closed broke. here's the irony, i opened it a few times to admire it put in on the shelf, and went to work. i came home 16 hours later opened it and the clasp wouldn't lock. i live alone so no one broke it while i was gone. very disappointed!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth time and money as I sorely am regretful, July 23, 2012
I bought this watch expecting a watch that would tell time and that would open and close. I assumed that if it ever broke it would come from my own negligence (not that I am usually a negligent person, but accidents happen). But this watch BROKE OUT OF NORMAL USE! Didn't drop it once! I only used it with care as one would and now I have a pocket watch that DOESN'T CLOSE which is pretty fundamental when you sell a pocket watch that opens and closes.... I am sadly disappointed with the lack of craftsmanship that they took into to making this watch. I HIGHLY recommend looking at somewhere else to buy a watch!
Sincerely
-disappointed

2.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Keep Accurate Time, September 2, 2012
burton meyer (san francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Sleek attractive style. Unfortunately it doesn't keep the time accurately. My husband has to keep re-setting the time. I would not recommend it and should have returned it. Amazon offered several alternative pocket watches. I made a poor choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars great watch, December 8, 2011
great watch. great price. it works. came with a spare battery which i thought was pretty nice of them since the watch is already inexpensive. nice finish and i took it to my jeweler to have it engraved. love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Nice watch, October 22, 2011
This pocket watch is very cool and nice. The only thing i need to know is how to re-set the time. The chain is secure and durable.

1.0 out of 5 stars changes color, January 15, 2014
well the back started falling off
then it became difficult to close
then it changed color from ss to copper
then it stopped running after about 2 months

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it., January 7, 2014
It looks good and keeps good time. However, the back keeps coming off. I hope that I have that fixed. I like it.