5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cases you may find
Published on July 31, 2012 by Captain Ron

2.0 out of 5 stars VERY SMALL
These cases are VERY VERY small, they do not fit my RayBan aviators. It will not work for any Oakley sunglasses.

I guess these are for reading glasses.
Published 13 months ago by Mr.MonkeyWrench

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best cases you may find, July 31, 2012
As others have stated, a leather-like look and feel, snap-closed lid, crush-resistant sturdiness, but smooth enough to slide into pants pockets and such. I have owned many cases of this style, and although the spring hinge eventually gets loose or breaks, I've gotten good life and use out of most of them and always look for more. One pair of glasses even survived getting lost in the snow, plowed around by the parking lot snow plows, and many weeks later on a thaw I found them in the dirt -- case was mangled a bit but did its job well by staying closed and protecting the glasses -- frames weren't even bent. Boring black, so not pretty, but for 9 bucks what more do you ask a case to do? Fit is good for my slightly larger 55-57 lens sized mens frames, for which some similar cases are a bit too short. I will likely buy more if my optician cannot come up with identical ones; by far these are the style that seem to work the best. Highly recommended to try one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original case, for less!, September 4, 2012
eric d. (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
Sure, it's just an eyeglass case, how much can someone write about it? Well, long story short, I lost the original Ray Ban case that came with my aviator polarized frame. I ran to the nearby Macy's slash Sunglass Hut to see if they carried it and was shocked at the price. They tried to sell me an Oakley-equivalent for double. Yeah right! Seriously, the original case is nice, but it's not like a car can run over it and keep your frames intact.

The case is plain black, nothing fancy. It's more on the slimmer side than most cases, perfect for a set of aviators. I would almost say the case is geared for slim/flat glasses ONLY. (AKA if you have one of those huge Gucci or Prada frames this isn't the case for you. Please be sure your frames close up pretty flat before ordering these.) The case is also somewhat bomb-proof, like a tortoise shell of sorts. With this I don't feel bad throwing the case around as I pack my suitcase, worried that it'll fall out of the car or hit the floor as I swing my gym bag in the car. Get one of these cases, you won't regret having lost the original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth in advertising, April 23, 2013
I rate 5 stars because:

1) I received what was described
2) shipping was faster than promised (and "free" per my Prime account)
3) this case fits my two pairs of larger glasses well (one at a time...)
4) this case clamps shut nice and tight
5) and yet still keeps a relatively sleek profile (fits in my back pocket - in most of my jeans anyhow...).
6) The case is hard and strong and will work great to protect my glasses in my backpack, which gets quite banged around.
7) the case looks nice.

(prob a 4.5 stars, but I rounded up...)

Longevity:
I just received this today, so time will tell how well this product lasts.
I have to imagine the hinge will eventually break or weaken beyond usefulness.
There is no magnet (nor was one advertised), just letting potential buyers know.

If I get a solid year out of this thing, totally worth 9.99.

This just made so much more sense than "shopping around" just to maybe save a few bucks, time is money.
(years ago I bought a 3 dollar hard case with magnet and hinge from Costco...it was very nice and lasted forever, but I am not currently a member, and the time to ask a friend to pick one up or take me shopping is not worth it).

p.s. I rarely comment, but trying to give back to the "raters" who have helped many a purchase for me.
in other words, when I speak, I speak truth...

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth Style Eyeglass Case for Medium to Large Frames, April 28, 2011
lulu (Boston, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smooth Style Eyeglass Case for Medium to Large Frames (Black, Brown) (Eyewear)
I bought this as a replacement for a similarly sized case for my sunglasses. Since my sunglasses lay fairly flat, this sturdy case does the job. This would also work for reading glasses. For oversized sunglasses or ones that curve, it may not be the one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, great price!, April 30, 2013
I wanted a sturdy case for my aviator sunglasses. This is it and a bargain at the price. Look good, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely designed, barely fits Ray-Ban Wayfarers thickness-wise, April 16, 2013
remmeh (Worcester, MA, USA) - See all my reviews
This is a nicely designed glasses case. I bought this because the case that came with my Ray-Ban Wayfarers was falling apart. The clasp is nice and firm (but not too firm so it's easily opened). It barely fits a pair of Ray-Ban Wayfarers in terms of thickness; sometimes the case will have a ~1mm gap when closed, but that's not a big deal. The case is very sturdy, I think I could step on it and it'd be fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just long enough to fit my new glasses, June 2, 2013
The place where I bought my new glasses didn't carry any cases large enough to fit them & I couldn't find anything suitable locally. This case matched the dimensions of the glasses, which are about 5 inches long... side to side... & 2 3/4 inches wide (tope to bottom closed, including the temple tips a.k.a. earpieces). The glasses just barely fit, but the strong spring hinge of this case holds them securely & 'm quite satisfied with this product..

5.0 out of 5 stars It is good for sunglasses case, April 25, 2013
The case is simple design and lightly to carry it , it's fit size for large frame sunglasses , so I like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, April 15, 2013
The case has a nice texture on the outside. It snaps firmly shut and there is plenty of room for my glasses without them sliding around. It's just what I was looking for and at a price better than I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid well built case, March 25, 2013
Kevin C. Lee (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
It holds my perscription Ray Ban aviator sunglasses perfectly and pretects them. I often have this in my front pocket and I never have to worry about my sun glasses being damaged.