5.0 out of 5 stars The smoothie book everyone should have
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:46 Mins
Published on May 4, 2009 by American Seminar Leaders Assoc...

1.0 out of 5 stars Too much sugar
I was disappointed in this book because so many of the smoothies used fruit juice, which I hate because it contains so much sugar. I prefer milk, fruits and veggies, protein powder, spices.

I honestly did not find one smoothie I would be into trying. Perhaps they are just not my style. I would not recommend this book and mainly bought it to support a local...
Published on October 7, 2009 by Athena

5.0 out of 5 stars The smoothie book everyone should have, May 4, 2009
This review is from: Smoothies & Smoozies for Life: Based on a Living-Food Lifestyle (Spiral-bound)
Length:: 2:46 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Well planned, Easy-to-follow, Delicious recipes!!!, March 20, 2009
This book offers raw vegans lots of smoothie combos in a way that will get even the most picky eater eating right. These are becoming favorites in my home. 70 easy to follow recipes with yummy color photos to make you drool. Even my husband (who works in printing) was very impressed with how well the book was designed; it lays flat for easy use, sturdy pages that are specially coated so that you can wipe them clean if you get sloppy! *wink* I particularly like how you can look up healing properties of the ingredients listed in the recipes(the book lists health conditions with ways to get natural relief).For my allergies, I appreciate that all the recipes in this book contain no wheat, no dairy, and no soy.
I like the reminder that we should be creative, "play with our food". I get a kick out of the fun names that have been given to each of the smoothies and smoozies(the green ones). Now, when I hand a smoothie over to be sampled, I get chuckles and smiles when I announce the names. "... and this one is called... Sweeeeeeeeet"

Thank you Revvell and Bo, I'm glad I have this book in my kitchen!
-Rawbin

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking smoothies to a whole new level!, June 2, 2009
S. Park (Monrovia, CA) - See all my reviews
I love this book! The book itself is gorgeous and easy to read since it lays flat, and there are some really interesting recipes in here! My two current favorites are Almond Delight and Minty. I would never have thought of putting mint with bananas! Great way to use all the mint growing in our yard! Thanks for taking smoothies to a whole new level!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Your Typical Smoothie Book, July 30, 2009
As a health and fitness professional, I've seen many smoothie books and have seen the same recipes over and over. However, just when I thought I've seen them all, Revvell presents a smoothie book unlike any other. "Smoothies and Smoozies for Life" is not only full of delicious, nutrient-dense smoothie recipes; it is also fun, well thought out, and my kiddos love them.

It's such a relief to provide them with a healthy treat that is not laden with sugar, preservatives and other unhealthy additives, as you would find in most of today's commercial smoothies. In fact, it feels good knowing that, while they focus on drinking a cool, flavorful, liquid treat, I know they are getting far more nutrients from fruits and veggies, than what is recommended daily.

I get the satisfaction of knowing I am providing my kiddos with the tools to make healthier food choices, while also, enjoying the taste. Most of all, they see that eating and being healthy is "fun" and not a chore. Thanks Revvelll, for putting together such a great healthy resource. By the way, the resource section, as well as the healthy properties of the ingredients used in the recipes contained in the book, is priceless.

Revvell, you and "Smoothies & Smoozies for Life" ROCK!

Sincere Hogan
"The People's Fit Coach"
[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great easy Recipes for Novices, July 2, 2009
This smoothie recipe book is really wonderful for the raw lifestyle novice/beginner. The recipes are easy to follow and are just simply delicious! The pictures are great too. One of the best things is that it is spiral bound so that you are not fighting to keep the book open to the page you are on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our favorite smoothie book!, June 24, 2009
I love this book, the recipes work and are easy to make. All the ingredients are easy to find locally and these smoothies really taste great. Thank you Revvell for creating this book and sharing the information with all of us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful smoothie book!, January 23, 2009
I have found this book useful! It has many recipes plus the added bonus of a good bit of nutritional information. Thanks Revvell :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun with Food, August 16, 2009
I am admittedly not a Julia Child by any stretch of the imagination, but the creative "play with your food" theme of this book enticed me to see my kitchen in a whole new light. The smoothies are easy to make, delicious and it's always exciting making a new one for the first time (so many to choose from). I particularly enjoy all the helpful FAQ's and helpful information at the front of the book. Smoothies & Smoozies for Life has added structure, taste, nutritional insight and FUN to my smoothie making.

-Christine Whitmarsh

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!!!, January 10, 2009
Love the book & the inspiring recipes. Very easy to follow with gorgeous pictures!
It's an easy & fast way to incorporate real foods into your lifestyle.
Highly recommend this book to everyone. A great gift to yourself, the gift of health & vibrancy! Fun for kids & the entire family!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool and inspirational!, November 29, 2009
Exactly the inspiration I was searching for. One glance and I was hooked. So many delicious recipes! I'm looking forward to trying each and every one.

Smoothies & Smoozies for Life: Based on a Living-Food Lifestyle
Smoothies & Smoozies for Life: Based on a Living-Food Lifestyle by Revvell P. Revati (Spiral-bound - April 8, 2008)
$19.95 $16.49