4.0 out of 5 stars Gift Basket of Variety
I sent this to a friend of mine and they gave me an estimated time period as to when it would arrive and it arrived to the receipent pretty quickly. Thats why im giving it 4 stars. I enjoy things with variety and this basket definitely had it. I couldnt see the package so I cant really give it 5 stars.
Published 22 months ago by Van T. Le

The manufacturer commented on the review below
Published on October 27, 2011 by K. Harris

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Amateurish Repackaging And Apparent Recycling: Slightly Distasteful And Not Gift Quality, October 27, 2011
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Quite literally, I have never seen anything like this gift basket construction from Back Mountain Baskets represented here by the igourmet label. And unfortunately, I don't mean that in a positive way. As someone who frequently purchases gift baskets (I average four to six a year and at one time procured hundreds as corporate gifts), I was extremely dissatisfied with this item. When you purchase a gift basket, two things are relatively certain: 1) you're going to overpay for what's actually included, and (2) at least you're going to get something presentable and of gift quality. Heck, these are even advertised as gourmet items! Only a couple of items might actually qualify as exotic or gourmet. At a $49.99 list price, there is maybe $20 worth of small snacks, most of which could be replicated at your local convenience store. If I had made a gift basket at home, it would have been classier and more tasteful than the horribly amateurish efforts made by this company.

I won't even discuss the quality of the items included in the basket which I actually have some serious reservations about. This basket is NOT something that you would (or should) pay to have a professional company assemble due to packaging. Many of the included items are stuffed into boxes and wrapped rather cheaply with handmade labels. Okay, not a very deluxe or fancy presentation. But what's worse (and frankly unforgivable) is that the boxes used are not plain white gift boxes or something else presentable--no, they are emptied trash from other products re-purposed.

Do you want your elegant food items (again I'm being generous with the item quality) in old cracker boxes glued back together? Just whose recycling bin have they been raiding? It's rather distasteful. Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about--first is the empty box used and in parenthesis is the actual item inside:

Keebler Club Cracker Box (pretzels)
Stauffer's Animal Cracker Box (other cookies)
Crystal Light Fruit Punch Box (candies)
Nabisco Wheat Thins Box (popcorn)
Jello Gelatin Box (cookies)

These are but a few examples of boxes used to repackage other items. I got two of these baskets and they were both constructed in a similar manner. Seriously. If you paid to have an elegant gift basket, would you expect to find loose candies glued into a Crystal Light box? As I said, there isn't even the common sense and taste level to use plain white boxes. It would be an embarrassment to send this as a gift item. Due to the packaging, I even threw a number of items straight into the trash as I was not confident of their handling due to the obvious lack of professional standards. A huge disappointment and very unappetizing all around. KGHarris, 10/11.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Nov 11, 2011 11:13:10 AM PST
Dear Reviewer:

We are significantly embarrassed to find that the gift basket you received (as described in your review) was a pre-production prototype. You were perhaps the first customer to order from our new line of gift baskets and regret that a prototype rather than a production basket was errantly shipped to you. Please let me assure you that our regular production of gift baskets incorporate professionally produced packaging for all of their items. The mock-up you received was never intended for release to the general public and was created for testing purposes only. We will be shipping you a replacement gift basket that showcases our production packaging elements.

Thank you for your understanding.

ig4U Design Team

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst gift basket ever received., December 30, 2011
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
We receive several gifts packages every year due to family being scattered through out the US. We also annually receive gifts from customers sent to my husband, so I feel qualified in saying that this is the worst gift basket we have ever seen.

The description does not go into the actual contents of each basket and from the other reviews I see there are similarities, but there is no theme in this package. Just seems like a bunch of leftover items thrown into a large basket trying to appeal to someone.

As one reviewer mentioned the contents in each package are Laughably insignificant. Whoever would package 1.25 ounces of popcorn, 3 caramels or two pretzels in a box must be more concerned about quantity of items, vs. quality of the gift.

In my opinion, too much wasted packaging and a whole lot of minuscule portions of nothing of any real value.

I would not send this gift basket to anyone after having received it myself.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor value, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
I was given this gift basket as a Christmas present. I thought it extremely poor value. It consists mainly of large packages with minimal contents. For example just 5 biscuits, or 3 pretzels. I imagine many of the items were given away by the manufacturers as samples. Even the airlines do better than this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift Basket of Variety, February 7, 2013
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice basket, but they forgot to include the card, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
I sent this basket as a combo christmas/housewarming gift. I was unaware that it was received until I saw a Facebook post thanking the anonymous gifter for the beautiful basket. I had requested a card be sent with the basket, but it never made it, leaving the giftee confused until we sorted it out. They said the basket was nice and the products inside were good, and it shipped very quickly.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor service/quality, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
This package arrived as a gift with no card so recipient did not know who it was from. Then when the opened the box of crackers it was empty!!!!!

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, October 26, 2011
Summeroz (sacramento, california) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When you first receive this basket you think wow this looks great. However once you open it you start to realize how not great it is.

1. The most weird thing about this basket is that they items have been repackaged. There is a box of carmel corn the cover made it look like it was a fake version of the item. When you open it up you are even more suspicious b/c the caramel corn is inside a wheat thins box! huh? many of the items are similarly repackaged this way. I would never send someone a basket that is so obviously homemade instead of a legit company.

2. many of the items were so small. Inside was a tiny box of jelly beans, a one serving of peanuts, cashews etc. I am use to seeing in baskets a can of nuts not a single serving snack travel pack. Also some of the items were a little strange to me - German hot mustard in a green tube...it didn't seem to match the caramel corn, jelly beans, nuts and crackers. There was a package of sausage but still...

3. never heard of the brands -- now this could just be me. these may be very famous brands and people know them all over the world. But with the suspect packaging I thought the food itself was also of a lower class. After tasting the items such as the caramel corn - which was stale, Hit cookies which were blah an oreo is better, and the malt shop taffies not very tasty, my disappointment just grew.

I would not recommend this product to anyone. you could build a better basket on your own or go with a well known company.

**EDIT**
after I wrote this review Black Mountian now ig4U sent me a new basket. It was packaged so much better. It didn't look scary fake like the first one did. I appreciate the company's effort to make right something that was not good. I think that a person would be ok sending out their new and improved baskets. I still stick to my original post that I think the food items were boring and not names that people would know but they tasted fine this time. I change my star rating to 3 stars.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Nov 11, 2011 11:14:51 AM PST
Dear Reviewer:

Thank you for your understanding.

ig4U Design Team

5.0 out of 5 stars A snack for everyone in the family, November 21, 2011
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
Bought it for a gift. Arrived in perfect condition and made a great presentation. There was something in the basket for everyone in the family. Products were all the favorite snacks like nuts, cookies, taffy, summer sausage but much more intriguing - the basket was opened immediately so everyone could try a Malt Shop Taffy (chocolate shake, rootbeer float and cherry cola!). The all natural nuts were fresh and crunchy and the sausage was delicious on its own but even better with the mustard that accompanied it.

*I ordered this basket when my wife gave me the task of buying a present for a party. In my quick perusal of Amazon, I felt I completed my assignment perfectly. My wife, of course, checked up on my order and was horrified to see I ordered something that received some 1 star reviews. The days were looooong until the package showed up and I was accused, more than once, of not being detail oriented enough. Thankfully I was absolutely vindicated when the basket arrived. After reading the other reviewers (and reading what "vine" was) clearly there was a mix up with the baskets sent to that program - that seems to happen early so they are the first reviews - which unfortunately caused me agita (why I am even taking the time to write this). I hope no one else will be confused by this very strange situation. And no, if I realized I would have been in the dog house for the shipping period, I wouldn't have picked this item -- however, for the record, I was right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snackalicious saved the day!, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
I needed a gift in a pinch to take to my neighbors house, who I owed a huge favor. They have three little kids, so I was sold on the name Snackalicious. One of the little boys answered the door and his face lit up when he saw my basket full of goodies! They opened the basket immediately and it was a huge hit. Thank you Amazon/ig4U.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, November 21, 2011
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
Perfectly packed and beautifully presented. I bought this basket to donate to a silent auction. I just drove it over and the ladies that run the auction, said it will be a sure hit. This was easy to order, came fast and made me look good. I will buy again from this company.

Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U