4.0 out of 5 stars Gift Basket of Variety
I sent this to a friend of mine and they gave me an estimated time period as to when it would arrive and it arrived to the receipent pretty quickly. Thats why im giving it 4 stars. I enjoy things with variety and this basket definitely had it. I couldnt see the package so I cant really give it 5 stars.
Published 14 months ago by Van T. Le

The manufacturer commented on the review below
Published on October 27, 2011 by K. Harris

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Amateurish Repackaging And Apparent Recycling: Slightly Distasteful And Not Gift Quality, October 27, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Quite literally, I have never seen anything like this gift basket construction from Back Mountain Baskets represented here by the igourmet label. And unfortunately, I don't mean that in a positive way. As someone who frequently purchases gift baskets (I average four to six a year and at one time procured hundreds as corporate gifts), I was extremely dissatisfied with this item. When you purchase a gift basket, two things are relatively certain: 1) you're going to overpay for what's actually included, and (2) at least you're going to get something presentable and of gift quality. Heck, these are even advertised as gourmet items! Only a couple of items might actually qualify as exotic or gourmet. At a $49.99 list price, there is maybe $20 worth of small snacks, most of which could be replicated at your local convenience store. If I had made a gift basket at home, it would have been classier and more tasteful than the horribly amateurish efforts made by this company.

I won't even discuss the quality of the items included in the basket which I actually have some serious reservations about. This basket is NOT something that you would (or should) pay to have a professional company assemble due to packaging. Many of the included items are stuffed into boxes and wrapped rather cheaply with handmade labels. Okay, not a very deluxe or fancy presentation. But what's worse (and frankly unforgivable) is that the boxes used are not plain white gift boxes or something else presentable--no, they are emptied trash from other products re-purposed.

Do you want your elegant food items (again I'm being generous with the item quality) in old cracker boxes glued back together? Just whose recycling bin have they been raiding? It's rather distasteful. Here are a few examples of what I'm talking about--first is the empty box used and in parenthesis is the actual item inside:

Keebler Club Cracker Box (pretzels)
Stauffer's Animal Cracker Box (other cookies)
Crystal Light Fruit Punch Box (candies)
Nabisco Wheat Thins Box (popcorn)
Jello Gelatin Box (cookies)

These are but a few examples of boxes used to repackage other items. I got two of these baskets and they were both constructed in a similar manner. Seriously. If you paid to have an elegant gift basket, would you expect to find loose candies glued into a Crystal Light box? As I said, there isn't even the common sense and taste level to use plain white boxes. It would be an embarrassment to send this as a gift item. Due to the packaging, I even threw a number of items straight into the trash as I was not confident of their handling due to the obvious lack of professional standards. A huge disappointment and very unappetizing all around. KGHarris, 10/11.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 11:13:10 AM PST
Dear Reviewer:

We are significantly embarrassed to find that the gift basket you received (as described in your review) was a pre-production prototype. You were perhaps the first customer to order from our new line of gift baskets and regret that a prototype rather than a production basket was errantly shipped to you. Please let me assure you that our regular production of gift baskets incorporate professionally produced packaging for all of their items. The mock-up you received was never intended for release to the general public and was created for testing purposes only. We will be shipping you a replacement gift basket that showcases our production packaging elements.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift Basket of Variety, February 7, 2013
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice basket, but they forgot to include the card, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
I sent this basket as a combo christmas/housewarming gift. I was unaware that it was received until I saw a Facebook post thanking the anonymous gifter for the beautiful basket. I had requested a card be sent with the basket, but it never made it, leaving the giftee confused until we sorted it out. They said the basket was nice and the products inside were good, and it shipped very quickly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst gift basket ever received., December 30, 2011
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
We receive several gifts packages every year due to family being scattered through out the US. We also annually receive gifts from customers sent to my husband, so I feel qualified in saying that this is the worst gift basket we have ever seen.

The description does not go into the actual contents of each basket and from the other reviews I see there are similarities, but there is no theme in this package. Just seems like a bunch of leftover items thrown into a large basket trying to appeal to someone.

As one reviewer mentioned the contents in each package are Laughably insignificant. Whoever would package 1.25 ounces of popcorn, 3 caramels or two pretzels in a box must be more concerned about quantity of items, vs. quality of the gift.

In my opinion, too much wasted packaging and a whole lot of minuscule portions of nothing of any real value.

I would not send this gift basket to anyone after having received it myself.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor service/quality, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
This package arrived as a gift with no card so recipient did not know who it was from. Then when the opened the box of crackers it was empty!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, October 26, 2011
Summeroz (sacramento, california) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When you first receive this basket you think wow this looks great. However once you open it you start to realize how not great it is.

1. The most weird thing about this basket is that they items have been repackaged. There is a box of carmel corn the cover made it look like it was a fake version of the item. When you open it up you are even more suspicious b/c the caramel corn is inside a wheat thins box! huh? many of the items are similarly repackaged this way. I would never send someone a basket that is so obviously homemade instead of a legit company.

2. many of the items were so small. Inside was a tiny box of jelly beans, a one serving of peanuts, cashews etc. I am use to seeing in baskets a can of nuts not a single serving snack travel pack. Also some of the items were a little strange to me - German hot mustard in a green tube...it didn't seem to match the caramel corn, jelly beans, nuts and crackers. There was a package of sausage but still...

3. never heard of the brands -- now this could just be me. these may be very famous brands and people know them all over the world. But with the suspect packaging I thought the food itself was also of a lower class. After tasting the items such as the caramel corn - which was stale, Hit cookies which were blah an oreo is better, and the malt shop taffies not very tasty, my disappointment just grew.

I would not recommend this product to anyone. you could build a better basket on your own or go with a well known company.

**EDIT**
after I wrote this review Black Mountian now ig4U sent me a new basket. It was packaged so much better. It didn't look scary fake like the first one did. I appreciate the company's effort to make right something that was not good. I think that a person would be ok sending out their new and improved baskets. I still stick to my original post that I think the food items were boring and not names that people would know but they tasted fine this time. I change my star rating to 3 stars.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 11:14:51 AM PST

5.0 out of 5 stars Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U, January 8, 2012
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
The family I sent the basket for Christmas was enjoyed by all. They loved the variety of things included in the basket so all ages could enjoy them.

4.0 out of 5 stars The "real" basket is very nice, January 1, 2012
C. Bayne "katluvr_1" (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I got this as a vine item to review, and the first one I received was not gift-worthy. It looked good in the packaging, but once you took it apart, things had been recycled and repackaged.

A few weeks later, I received the "real" package with a note saying that they had accidentally sent a protoypye and that this was the real gift package.

*Whew*

I really enjoyed the second one. The food was fresh and in its correct packaging. There is an incredible selection from jelly bellies to summer sausage to caramels to nuts. I love the mustard that goes with the sausage. I'm not a big fan of the pretzels. The cheese spread was pretty good. The Biscoffee cookies were awesome. I think there could have been a few more crackers - after all, there was both cheese and sausage to put them on. The taffy was nice and soft (I like the root beer best). I like the basket that it comes in - it's small but sturdy. I ended up with two baskets, and they are probably going to be gifted to others next Christmas with cookies in them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor value, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Snackalicious Gift Basket by ig4U (Grocery)
I was given this gift basket as a Christmas present. I thought it extremely poor value. It consists mainly of large packages with minimal contents. For example just 5 biscuits, or 3 pretzels. I imagine many of the items were given away by the manufacturers as samples. Even the airlines do better than this.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Would never send these poorly repackaged items as a gift!, October 26, 2011
Beldini (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
At first glance, the Snackalicious Food Gift Basket by Back Mountain Baskets looks like your average snackable goodie basket, complete with various nuts, cookies, pretzels, cheese, dried sausage and candy.

It's upon closer inspection that we realized that many of the items have in fact been repackaged with tacky glossy paper featuring inferior color Xeroxes of the original labels, poorly wrapped around repurposed cartons.

In other words, the ill-fitting glossy paper with the obviously reproduced MmmmPop! All Natural White Cheddar Popcorn label is barely concealing a reused box of Nabisco Wheat Thins Stix. Open that up and you'll find a tiny bag of the promised popcorn.

Peel back the paper with the color printer copy of Wege of Hanover Sourdough Hards Pretzels and you'll find an old, taped-up box of Cheez-Its, inside of which is a small package of the pretzels. And lurking behind the paper packaging of the All Natural Fleur De Sel Caramels from France? Mmmm--a box of irresistible Crystal Light Energy drink Mix. Inside that are a handful of the advertised caramels.

If all this tacky repurposing was part of some green recycling initiative on the part of Back Mountain, then they should have included a note that explained their company philosophy. But there's no such note--just the feeling that they simply used other boxes so they'd stand up better in the baskets/look more substantial/disguise the fact that some of the items have been divvied up from cost-saving bulk packaging.

The end result is something that looks like it was assembled in your own kitchen rather than something you'd order from a presumed legitimate company with the intention of sending to someone as a respectable gift.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 11:16:45 AM PST