Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Format: Audio CDChange

on July 9, 2012
This was a fun, fast moving CD for children. The track that
motivated me to purchase this CD was "Allergies". It's a fun
song and anyone who suffers from allergies of all kinds will
enjoy it. This CD offers a different sort of children's music
which strays from the traditional children's music entertainers.
The child care staff I work with really enjoyed it as did the
children.
on August 7, 2012
This was recommended to me be a friend, and I'm glad I listened to him. When my wife saw it, she asked skeptically, "Barenaked Ladies?" I told her it was a kids CD and just call them BNL. It helped that I put it in the car first, so it played when she started the car. Now, we're all hooked. The songs are not your standard run-of-the-mill redone (overdone) kids songs, these are different. My favorite is the Crazy ABC's, a song using words that start with other sounds, like A is for Aisle, which of course doesn't start with the A sound, C for Czar, and O ouija, and words that start with silent letters, like H for hour, and P for pneumonia. A couple songs have some running commentary between the performers that's quite fun to listen to. It's a great buy.
on August 26, 2014
My wife and kids really like this CD...the Ninjas song has my appreciation as well (though it is too short). As a demonstration of the pop powers of BNL for the kiddoes, it works just fine. It has provided some smiles and grins for everyone from 35 to 3 y.o. on plenty of car rides. Clearly some "filler" songs that could've been left out, IMO, like the slow-ish Louie Loon. The only things that bother me are subtle--that most of it is more silly than catchy, and not clearly separate from their "adult" work the way that They Might Be Giants have done (we own ALL their kids' stuff, and Daddy owns ALL their other work). I'm not saying it is a waste of money per se, in the sense that I am still a fan of the band, but have come to consider that there is almost nothing in BNL's established work that is really unsuitable for kids. For the same price (or in fact less, on Amazon) their "All Their Greatest Songs" compilation would be perfectly fine for my eldest (who is now ten).
on August 1, 2013
Purge yourself of all of those other horrible kids CDs...after you hear this one - it's the only one you'll want to listen to! Fun for kids - and for parents. Not one of those kids CD's that you have to "tolerate" - you'll find yourself forgetting to turn off the CD after dropping your kids off at daycare and end up singing the catchy tunes as you ride up the elevator to start your work day. Gotta love BNL!
on May 11, 2013
You've already seen the 100 million reviews for this, just buy it. It's fun. Some of the songs are semi-duds, most of them are very good, a few of them are great. There are a TON of songs on this album, that alone makes it a good deal. Also most of the songs don't produce replay fatigue for the adults. There's not a lot of great music for children, so this one is worth picking up.
on February 28, 2012
My 2 1/2 year old son absolutely loves this CD. His favorite songs are "7 8 9" and the Popcorn song - what a treat for me to hear him singing those songs out loud...very loud, in fact. The Barenaked Ladies really know how to appeal to kids and grown ups at the same time - this is one CD I love too! Highly recommend.
on June 3, 2012
I am a huge BNL fan and am so happy with their kid's album - I find myself singing and dancing along constantly. The songs are catchy and the lyrics are clever enough to be fun for the kiddos but still amusing to parents. This album is on consistent rotation when we want something to dance to or sing to in the car.
on August 4, 2013
I never liked Barenaked Ladies music for adults, but I really like this album. As anyone with kids knows, the secret is to find kids music that's at least tolerable to adults. The songs are pretty good, a lot are really funny, my kid likes listening to it.
on May 22, 2013
Always glad when cool adult bands put out children's albums. It is a "Win, Win" situation for kids and parents alike. Highly recommend!
on March 26, 2013
The adults love this as much as the kids. Probably more, actually. My daughter loves "7 ate 9" and the alphabet song.