Published 14 months ago by Mr. GrvThang

3.0 out of 5 stars great idea
this does not work properly on the kindle fire, it closes when you try to watch a movie, sometimes it possible to see a few minutes but it is rare. I hope the bugs are fixed soon as I love the possibilities!
Published on February 3, 2012 by dana schwaighofer

5.0 out of 5 stars As of July '13 works fine on Kindle Fire! Worth checking out!, July 2, 2013
This review is from: SnagFilms - Free Movies (App)
Due to the poor reviews here I never considered installing this app, but when I found that a particular film I wanted to watch was on Snag Films, I decided to give it a try - I figured that by now they should have fixed the bugs, and if it still didn't work, I'd just uninstall it. (Side note: I thought Amazon tested all the apps in the Appstore to be sure they work on their Fire devices, and that was why their app selection is so much smaller than the Google Play store's; I guess I was mistaken)

I installed Snag Films, and the app works just fine on my first-generation (non-HD) Fire; in fact, the player has more features than the Netflix or HBO Go apps have. And the selection of films is great! Of course, if your taste in films is based around the latest Ben Stiller/Jennifer Aniston-type of date movie, Snag Films is not for you. What I also like about the selection is that many of the films don't require dedicating two hours of my time to watch - I don't always have two hours to blow on watching a film. I recommend installing Snag Films and checking out the selection. If you don't like it, remove it.
I love this app!

3.0 out of 5 stars great idea, February 3, 2012
dana schwaighofer "Kat" (ringwood, nj United States) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Bug Be Gone, February 15, 2012
This review is from: SnagFilms - Free Movies (App)
Problems with playing movies on kindle fire. Does not work properly.I hope they will let users know when it is fixed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Freezes repeatedly, November 15, 2012
SifuJon (NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SnagFilms - Free Movies (App)
I downloaded this for my Kindle Fire with high hopes. Sadly the films keep freezing and sometimes need to be restarted completely. I will give it a little more time but will probably remove it eventually.

2.0 out of 5 stars Buggy, February 3, 2012
This review is from: SnagFilms - Free Movies (App)
Wonderful concept but the app is horrible. It kept crashing even after deleting then downloading again. You're better off just going to the actual website on your computer to watch the movies.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only working for featured movies, December 18, 2011
Pierrette (Boondocks, Florida) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SnagFilms - Free Movies (App)
can only watch featured movies all other options show "error contacting snagfilms". Love the idea...wish it worked on my kindle fire!

2.0 out of 5 stars buggy on kindle fire, December 16, 2011
This review is from: SnagFilms - Free Movies (App)
it shuts down when trying to watch a film. I hope it gets updated because I love the site & my movie list is long!

5.0 out of 5 stars free?, July 5, 2013
This review is from: SnagFilms - Free Movies (App)
Amazing that this is free. If you can find the time to browse, there are some great movies to watch on Snag Films.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't function well on the Kindle Fire HD, July 24, 2013
This review is from: SnagFilms - Free Movies (App)
Installed on the Kindle Fire Basic and was very happy with the App, seemed to work quite well. Wish I could say the same for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9. Some movies seemed ok but most broke up or didn't work at all. Not an App for the HD.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great App, too many ad breaks., August 18, 2014
This review is from: SnagFilms - Free Movies (App)
I was so excited about the idea of being able to watch a free movie now and then from my Kindle. I often rent movies, but the cost adds up. I didn't mind (and even kind of liked) the idea that Snag Films features a lot of independent, obscure movies for adults, and that the collection of kids movies seem overall to focus on Education and learning about the world around them.

The download was fast, the actual selection page was easy to navigate and very well organized. The streaming was pretty great.
The ONLY issue I have was the ADS!!!! I have zero problem watching an ad now and then during a free movie....I wouldn't expect it to be any other way, honestly, because they need sponsors to run a free site. However, one ad every 15 minutes during one film gets a little irritating after the third or fourth ad. I guess if I'd been watching a television show, with built-in breaks, it wouldn't have been as bad. But clipping into a movie at points where you are caught up in a scene almost made me shut the movie off. The ad breaks are only about 15 seconds long, but I think I'd prefer one longer advertisement in the center of (or the beginning of) the movie, over 8 short min ad breaks throughout.

I think it's a perfect site for free movies if you can get past the limited selection (don't expect new releases, which is okay) and the barrage of ads. :)

SnagFilms - Free Movies
SnagFilms - Free Movies by SnagFilms Inc.
$0.00