Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on January 2, 2015
I enjoyed Anthony Leslie's book about his life story and his love for the reptile world and snakes in particular. I ordered the book for my son who is very much "Snakebit" for Christmas and I decided to read it until he arrives to pick it up. There are a host of LIKES about this book including the knowledge based facts and descriptions of each species he finds and it's habitat. The book brought me back instantly to my own childhood and my personal adventures in nature. Here is a good life story filled with lots of interesting information that is a fun and inspiring read. My one main critique of Leslie Anthony's writing is his unnecessary and very over-used complicated vocabulary. Every sentence contains one to many words that even "Webster" has no need for. Understandably, he must include scientific names and latin, however, this is not my complaint-critique. It is the ever-continuous searching, far-reaching and application of any and all vocabulary adjectives, nouns, pronouns and more that is possible to apply within a paragraph.. the reader should keep a college dictionary or an on-line service at hand if you care about the complete use of his words. The book, in my opinion, is definitely worth buying and reading especially if you love reptiles, nature and especially snakes!
on February 3, 2013
I had never heard of this book before. I ran across it one day while surfing amazon. It is an awesome read and I recommend for anyone who loves snakes and other herps. A background or somewhat understanding of biology/zoology helps because the author uses alot of terms and biological explanations in the book.
on August 13, 2009
Truly unusual among "pop science" books, this effort manages to combine rigorous science with lots of fun anecdotes and even some philosophical insights. Mr. Anthony has captured the whimsy and edge-traveling joy that seem to personify many herpers.
on February 28, 2013
There is some good information in this book,especially on Salamanders which is the authors specialty.The author writes with a wiseguy attitude which I did not find funny at all and snakes were not covered as the title suggests.
on February 9, 2014
A rollicking memoir of a brilliant scientist with a scintillating wit. I found my self skipping some of the more arcane kingdom phylum
on January 7, 2015
Its funny! I love books that can make me laugh
on January 4, 2015
Everything as expected based on reviews here.
on March 5, 2016
dull
on December 20, 2011
Had great service. Received the book quickly and was in brand new condition. Will shop with them again! My son loved the book.