4.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to the pricey Wii model
I really wanted to try the Wii Fit games but didn't want to sink a lot of money into it. I'm disabled and I wasn't sure I'd be able to do the exercises/activities. So, I bought the Snakebyte fitness board and a used copy of Wii Fit.

Published on February 26, 2011 by Julia Langdon

2.0 out of 5 stars How are you going to use it?
This board works excellent as a balance board for games like We Ski, Dance Dance Revolution, et al. It is actually a little more sensitive and easier to get into what engineers call the 'saturation' region where the sensor indicates you have leaned as far as you should/can to the left, right, front, back, etc.

Unfortunately for those hoping to use the board...
Published on January 10, 2011 by OZZY

4.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to the pricey Wii model, February 26, 2011

I am very, very pleased with the Snakebyte board's performance! I was a bit worried after reading some reviews from people who said they couldn't sync it with the Wii. I don't know what they were doing but I had no problem at all -- I followed the simple instructions and game prompts and the board synched immediately.

I have found that the board is very sensitive to movement and I think this affects the weight accuracy. I fixed this issue by playing with the Wii's sensitivity settings. Adjusting the sensitivity downward made the weight and responses more accurate. The communication between the board and the Wii is very good.

I'm anxious to buy some other games that require the balance board to see how it does but for WiiFit, it's awesome. Very good value (and I liked that it comes in black with blue LED lights, too).

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for Wii sports games. Use on hard surface for accurate weight measurements., August 21, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This Wii balance board can be used for far more than just the Wii fit series of games. Nintendo offers many other games such as Shaun White Snowboarding Road Trip, All Star Cheer Squad, We Ski and Skate It. I have several of these types of games and find this board works very well with them.

After using both the Wii brand balance board and this Snakebyte board I find they both work pretty much the same. This Snakebyte board does require being a little closer to the Nintendo Wii itself when initially syncing them together, but once synced it holds the connection. The LED weight displayed on the Snakebyte board is an added bonus for those who are using the board for exercise related gaming.

I did not experience the large fluctuations reported in weight that others did. This can happen if your trying to weigh yourself while using the board on carpet. The board works fine for all the different Wii games and fitness programs while placed on carpet, but if your wanting to use it as a scale, weight accuracy can fluctuate if it's not used on a hard surface.

The black Snakebyte board has been a perfect accessory to go with our black Nintendo Wii!

2.0 out of 5 stars How are you going to use it?, January 10, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

Unfortunately for those hoping to use the board with The Biggest Looser and the like where weight is an important factor, this board is not so great. The one I had was off by about 30lbs consistently, varying by around 5lbs or so each time I get on (Get on and off 7 times in 10 minutes and it will read up to 5 lbs more or 5 lbs less than the average). These errors make the board almost useless for the 'fitness' purpose; however, if you want to use it primarily as a game controller and are not playing wii just to work out, then this board is actually a lot better than the Nintendo version. Just depends on how you want to use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding replacement, August 1, 2011
John S. Dean "John" (Sturtevant, WI United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've had the Wii balance board since it came out. I got the rechargeable battery pack for it as well, and it's worked fine. When the Vine program offered this, I thought it would be a great one to get for the enhancements as well as the color, since my Wii is black, this will match better, and I won't have the only white object being the balance board now.

I was surprised when opening this up to see basically it's the exact same thing. Screwholes are in the same places, the feet sections are the same, same screwholes there too. Exact same battery compartment except this has an exposed plug of some sort that the original didn't. But that meant I could use my rechargeable batteries in here too. The difference is in the top where they've added on the digital readout section, but otherwise it looks and feels like any normal wii board. Even the extension feet from the original work fine on it.

Put the pack in, and went to sync. This was the only downside I had. I spent about 15 or 20 minutes trying to get it to sync up. It just wouldn't do it no matter what. I finally moved it right in front of the Wii, and that time it synced fine, even though it was only about 5 feet away when I was trying initially, certainly close than the original one I had was always used. I even fired up the white one again, from about 10 feet away, no problem. But it took it, and after that it worked from farther away as well. So if you have any sync issues, move it close to sync.

It synced, and went into the program and tried a few things. Right away it seemed that this one was less prone to go off the edge of the screen, which was odd since it actually felt like there was better fine control over it - that it was reading my changes in balance easier than the old one did. So on the one hand it feels like it is more sensitive, but that sensitivity didn't make it oversensitive and uncontrollable.

Just about anything I do with it worked fine, I saw no downsides to the reactions of the unit. The scale on mine seemed to be very close to accurate with my much more expensive health scale in my bathroom, but they put a little sheet of paper in with it that specifically states this is only to work with trends, that you're gaining or losing, that it's not to be used for accurate weight measurements. Which seems kind of odd to me, since I'd want the programs in the Wii that track my weight to at least be close to it and reliable to the level that I, a normal person, would want it to be. I can see it would never be used at a hospital or doctor's office but still... But despite that warning in the box mine's within about three pounds, so certainly for my use is accurate enough.

Not sure how much I really care for the lights on the side, since anything with batteries, I'm always disappointed when extra lights are put on... But since I use the rechargeable, and I can charge it while using it, that's not a concern in my case. Nor are they overwhelming or garish, which was something I had worried about. Didn't need to feel like I was using some teenager's little beater car like a skateboard, with the neon lights underneath...

All in all, a very solid product with a few enhancements over the original, selling for less than the original. Makes it a clear win in my book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Better off just getting the real thing, August 10, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My family loves our Wii, and even though we currently own a balance board, I thought I'd give this one a try. I thought the black board and blue lights looked attractive, an improvement over our plain jane, white board, but that's where the positives end.

Pros:
*Looks nice

Cons:
*You can't read the weight while standing on the board. The illumination on the board's screen is so poor I literally had to bend over to read it.
*The weight reading is inaccurate (and they KNOW it's going to be inaccurate because they put a sticker on the board saying that it would be!)
*It did not work well with my game. The game kept thinking that I was stepping off of the board when I was only shifting my weight.
*The instruction manual had grammatical errors. (This is a minor thing, but a professional document should be free from errors.)
*The door to the battery compartment broke within 5 minutes of taking the board out of the box.

One of the key features of this board is the ability to see your weight read-out, BUT there's a warning label on the item stating that due to "ambient" conditions the board's weight reading could be wrong . . .um, if it's not going to be accurate, why offer the feature? It was consistently 5-7 lbs off from my actual weight. I couldn't even read my inaccurate weight half the time because it was difficult to see the numbers on the small, poorly lit, screen. In the pictures online it looks like the number screen is highly illuminated. It's not.

Maybe I just got a dud board, but in my personal opinion, you're better off spending a few extra dollars and getting the real thing. I've never had a problem with my other balance board.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good alternative to the Nintendo Wii Balance Board, January 3, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Snakebyte Wii premium fitness board and balance board is a very good alternative to the Wii model. It is very easy to pair with the Wii, and once paired it kept its connection. I've compared the Nintendo Wii balance board and this Snakebyte board, and I found that they are very similar in function. We tried it with Wii Fit Plus, We Ski and Snowboard, and Shaun White Snowboarding. It worked just as well as the Nintendo balance board. I like the LED weight displayed on the Snakebyte board, and found it to be decent in accuracy (by 1-2 lbs) as long as it is used on a hard surface.

A very good alternative. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but good enough to buy, August 23, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never used Nintendo's balance board that comes with the game "Wii Fit," so I cannot compare the functionality of this board with Nintendo's board. What I can do, though, is testify to the fact that this balance board works to my extreme satisfaction.

THE GOOD:

- The board seems quite sturdy so far. Some of the things that games require you to do on the board can be a bit rigorous, and the board has shown no signs of not being able to handle these activities.

- It's extremely easy to use. You put the batteries in, turn the board on, and use it. It's really as simple as that.

- It works well. It's imperative that any alternative to Nintendo's board work well in order to expect any kind of sales. This board definitely could be a competitor to Nintendo's boards; I have no desire to find out how good Nintendo's board works, because this board works great for me.

- It's comfortable. Now, I think that it would be hard to make a board like this uncomfortable; however, if it were made to be bumpy or otherwise irritating to the feet, it would be nearly impossible to use. Thankfully, it's not hard on the feet at all, and after using it for an hour, my feet weren't aching in the least.

THE BAD:

- The weight is a tiny bit off. It's not an accurate scale, but if I wanted an accurate scale, then that's what I would buy. It's a bit of an annoyance but not a huge deal.

- The board isn't a perfect judge of balance. However, it is still quite good. I've just noticed that for some Wii balance games, it will be just a little off. Like the weight, it's just a minor annoyance, though, because it's not a frequent problem.

- The battery life is a bit short. It burned out my batteries about two hours, while in other equipment, these same batteries can last up to about 4x that.

OVERALL:

While there are a few quirks about the board, I still think that it's good enough to be bought instead of Ninendo's board since this board is currently a bit cheaper. I highly recommend this board to all looking for a Wii balance board without having to buy the Wii Fit bundle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative to Nintendo Wiifit board, August 2, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This unit works just as well as the original nintendo Wiifit board. I had no problems with it at all and really prefer it's black color over the white of the Nintendo unit. A great choice and good value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice, completely compatible with extras, April 5, 2011
This review is from: Snakebyte Wii Premium Fitness Board and Balance Board (SB 000023) - PC (Video Game)
Very nice product (European company)! Came very well packaged, offering additional functionality to the wii's original balance board.

Battery life has been very good so far (a few weeks of play on first set of batteries) and the sync-ing with the Wii works perfectly well. To do initial sync though you have to read the manual(!)I know... I read it only when can not figure it out intuitively :) since there was a hidden button in the battery compartment. Can also work as weight-measuring scales.

Wish I got the black model, then I don't have to worry wiping its top surface :)

(Used it with "We ski and snowboard" for Wii game)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Working, No Customer Service, January 7, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this Item from Amazon.com, thank God. It arived and looked nice. I hooked it up and it did Sync with my Wii, however one of the sensors was bad out of the 4. I sent Snakebyte a message asking how to correct the issue, but they never replied (its been 10 days). It wouldn't talk to my Wii even though it did Sync. The wii claims that it has a an error with the board, but doesn't specify what error. I retured it to amazon, which was extreamly easy. I'm just upset that this was part of a Wii Fit/ Wii New U game system that I bought for my wife for christmas, but it didn't work, and then there was no customer service. What a drag...