Questions & Answers
Snap Circuits SC-300
by Elenco
4.8 out of 5 stars (1,521)
$61.29
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 questions
votes
I'd say still good for a 10 yo boy. Most 10yos have no clue about electricity; that's ok. If he likes building legos and can follow a lego diagram he can follow the diagrams in the directions. Might need a parent to sit down with him and show him how cool it is if he's never seen or heard of it.
Dec 16, 2011 by third time mom
votes
The toy maker says 8-108yrs. I purchased it for my 8yr old daughter and she has enjoyed it. I wouldn't recommend much younger without a lot of adult assistance. The toy itself is easy to assemble/disassemble, but reading the instructions can be difficult for younger children depending on their reading comprehension abilities. Her age also allows her to start grasping the concepts of electronics that can be learned by using a kit of this makeup. on the other hand, my 6yr yr old daughter would find it way too challenging. Hope this helps!
Aug 6, 2013 by William H. Coleman
votes
I'm sure a smart 3yr old would enjoy snapping the circuits together, but i would not classify this as appropriate. The projects require the child to read and follow the instructions to accomplish the finished product. In my personal experience with this, I'd not try it with children below 5 or 6, but if you're feeling that the 3yr old you're looking to buy this for is smarter than most 5-6 year old children and could supervise the use of this kit, then surely you can try it. If the child finds it hard, just put it away until they reach the level. Watch out for small pieces and batteries - they can really hurt a child if the child decides that they look tasty (if you're not familiar with children vs batteries, google it.) It seems like many small children are drawn to electric stuff, but i'd be very cautious.
Dec 7, 2012 by REDNERD
votes
Go to www.snapcircuits.net I have not had to purchase any replacement parts but I noticed that they have a listing of replacement parts to purchase. Good luck.
Jun 17, 2013 by Franki
votes
Amazon.com works with manufacturers to box products in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging, which reduces the overall amount of packing materials used. Amazon Certified Frustration-Free Packaging is recyclable and comes without excess packaging materials. The product inside is the same, and everything is included in the Certified Frustration-Free Packaging that would be in the original manufacturer's packaging.
Nov 21, 2014 by Tim Funderburke
votes
The box the parts come in is as pictured. Each project that you make sits on the plastic base which is about a foot long and maybe almost as wide.
Oct 7, 2014 by Diane Scott
votes
yes! My two 8 year old grandboys, gravitated to this kit and both became competent with 24 hours. The experimented and created their own complex circuitry. They even 'invented' some unlikely ways to use the components. For example, the red fan blade became a helicopter blade that whirled off the motor and across the room. With a little organizational control and introduction from an organized adult, they followed the rules and quickly adapted to taking turns and encouraging each other. I was very surprised and pleased by the way they accepted the challenges and commanded the concept of using and controlling the flow of e- to do work.
Aug 7, 2014 by Gary Guddy
votes
Absolutely! The pieces just snap together, and un-snap apart. They are good quality and will last a while with moderate use (but not abuse). As a science teacher myself, I'm planning to get one for my classroom.
Jul 11, 2013 by SoonerDiva
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers