Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Snap-N-Store Letter-Size File Box, Black (SNS01533)
Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick

Size: Black|Style: Letter File|Change

on March 11, 2015
I admittedly didn't read the description closely enough to notice that the box snaps together rather than being solidly pre-built. So shame on me (even though this relatively flimsy design is an element that still contributes to my overall low-rating).

But the top that doesn't fit? Shame on you. This top is around a centimeter too wide in one direction and maybe half-a-centimeter too wide in the other. The first of my three photos illustrates how much larger the top is.

I bought this to have a way to store some files below a desk in the living room of my quite-small one-bedroom apartment without it looking too office-y. But it also has to look nice, and a top that just sits on top jutting out over the sides of the box without fitting snugly does not look nice at all. Returned immediately.
review image review image review image
on October 30, 2012
The files fit in, but it's very easy for the little tabs to flip off the top of the box rim and then you have a pile of papers. The lid does not fit at all. The little snaps that go up the sides pop undone if you pull one side, if the weight in the box shifts or if the moon and sun aren't in alignment
on February 3, 2012
I really like these boxes. They helped me organize my desk beautifully. They're very sturdy for this caliber of product.

The other reviewer is right, the dimensions provided by Amazon are wrong. On the outside they're 13" high x 4" wide x 10" deep.
review image
on September 13, 2012
This box was delivered quickly and assembled easily. It is decorative and fits in with my black/white office decor. I will not be returning it.

However, there are some major flaws:

1. The box is too big for letter size hanging folders. I finally got them to fit by kind of squeezing the sides in and popping the folder brackets all down and the tension holds it all in place (does not work with just one folder).
2. The lid is way too big. Once you squeeze in the box sides, the lid is all wobbly and it really takes away from the aesthetic.

So, will I be returning it? No, because it's holding my stuff and I'm too lazy to do it. But would I suggest it to others or buy another? No.
on July 19, 2015
This review is for:

Snap-N-Store Letter-Size File Box, Black (SNS01533)

This is a decent file box. It snaps together and the snaps are very good, very tight. It doesn't offer to fall apart, even when loaded with files. The size is great for our uses. We needed a file box to put into the closet fire safe for important documents. This one does the trick.

I read some reviews that said it fell apart, came un-snapped during use. I don't see that happening. The snaps hold very tight. After reading some reviews I was ready to put some glue on the snaps to make it permanent. But that was not necessary. If you snap the snaps properly, the box stays together even under load. The people that had problems with the snaps holding obviously did not snap them completely shut, because the hold just fine without glue.

The lid... it is about an inch too big in all directions. But I just needed the box to hold files, the lid doesn't really matter to me. This is an inexpensive solution to file storage that looks good to boot. 4 stars because I like it. It is not perfect, but it is worth 4 stars and works well for my needs.

From looking at the picture in the ad and then my pictures, you can see they changed the product. Evidently they put better snaps on it and they hold tight now. But they didn't change the lid, so it is way too big. But, as I said, it works well for my needs of a file box in the fire safe. I'm going to use it without the lid anyway.

** I bought this file box at full price for personal needs.
review image review image
on August 2, 2007
It's quite good for storage, my only problem is that it is not as sturdy as I initially thought. It's cardboard-like makeup seems fragile and can fall apart if enough documents are stored inside. Also the "Oversized chrome snaps" sometimes come loose. The top cover should have also been able to be secured more properly. Also, don't expect it to come with any hanging folders like the picture has.
on August 31, 2012
I purchased a couple of these boxes after reading the many negative reviews (there are more reviews for the black model than for these white ones). I expected them to be sort of awful, but they were the best-looking ones available in my price range. I was actually pleasantly surprised by them, but it is certainly possible that the defects vary from one box to another, so this rating and review only refer to my own experience.

Yes, the snaps are poorly aligned, but not in all instances, and not so badly that the boxes could not be assembled. I would recommend snapping the middle snap of a row before the upper and lower ones; this resulted in less wrangling. One snap, though perfectly aligned, was very difficult to engage. Not having a hammer handy, I thought to moisten the projecting part of the snap, and that worked perfectly. All told, two boxes took less than three minutes to fully assemble.

Once assembled, the boxes really do look very nice. Any irregularity in the snap placement is not visible from the outside. Yes, the lid is larger than the opening of the box, but this is a feature, not shoddy design. Were the lid more fitted, there would not be room beneath it for the hooks of hanging files. However, the reviewer who commented that putting any weight on top of the box will crush the tabs of the folders inside is perfectly correct.

Some reviewers of the black model had trouble with their boxes holding together. Mine, fully loaded, are secure and easily moveable, although they haven't any further to go than from shelf to desk.

Again, perhaps I just got lucky, but I like these very much and would purchase them again.
on January 9, 2013
I have to agree with all of the negative comments made in other reviews. The snaps that hold the box together when unfolded for use are a horribly designed feature. They do not stay fastened at all. I'm going to use shipping tape to reinforce the corners both inside and out so that the box will be more sturdy, but even at that I won't use it to hold files. My plan now is to use the box as a help in sorting and carrying folded clothes since those will be relatively very lightweight.

Two positive comments: The box is attractive. And the cat loves to sleep in it.

So, do not buy this as a file box. Buy a different one even if the alternative is less attractive.
on September 28, 2010
These are flat when you buy them, you fold them out and you snap together two flaps which make bottom of the holder.
I've had about a dozen of them for 2 years & most of them have come unglued & fallen apart by now.
You're much better off buying something sturdy which will last a bit longer.
on January 7, 2012
The box is sturdy and easy to snap together and looks nice, but when you put files in it the lid does not fit because of the file tabs sticking up. If you don't need a lid on it, it works fine but that doesn't look as nice. You definitely could not stack anything on top of it with the lid on as it would crush your files/tabs.