4.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced
Under $20 at COSTCO in Canada, so must be even less in the US. Nice product tho...purchased 4 for emergency kits
Published on July 8, 2011 by Point Bob

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh
Published on October 3, 2011 by Z

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh, October 3, 2011
This review is from: Snap-on Multi-Tool Gift Set - 870782 (Misc.)
Both of the Multi-tools are great. The flashlight is a joke, which I half expected since their quality LED flashlights cost about $100. This thing doesn't even focus the beam. I would put it at about 25 candle power.... barely enough to read by. I was sad about the razor blade tool though. The blade wobbles so much that cutting a straight line when you need precision is not going to happen; it's great for opening boxes and looking cool, but that's about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced, July 8, 2011
Point Bob "Dunsany" (POINT ROBERTS, WASHINGTON, US) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars just know what you are getting...., December 19, 2012
John W. Wendt (Lubbock, TX and Gulu, Uganda) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Snap-on Multi-Tool Gift Set - 870782 (Misc.)
Okay--i bought this at Costco for about $30, and that's what it's worth. You might be expecting a lot more because it's a Snap-on. If you want to spend $60, I's suggest a Leatherman Juice CS4. You'll get more functionality and a slick-looking tool. Although the Snap-on comes with two multi-tools, they duplicate most of the functions, and the screwdrivers are so-so. The keychain is nice, with something between a punch and a knife and a light to help you find the keyhole. I did not have the problem mentioned by another reviewer with the knife blade wobbling; mine was quite solid.

I think the set looks nice, but is unimpressive because of its lack of multiplicity of functions, and quality of tooling. Really not up to the Snap-on name, and in my opinion, it was a bad move to compromise their excellent reputation on a sub-standard tool. Snap-on is synonymous to uncompromised quality that you pay for. This set reflects neither the quality, nor the price that usually comes with it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not real snap on, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Snap-on Multi-Tool Gift Set - 870782 (Misc.)
These are made in china. They are not snap on quality. If you are expecting high quality tools you will be disapointed. Not bad for around the house use. Ok if your not expecting alot.

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect for son, December 24, 2011
This review is from: Snap-on Multi-Tool Gift Set - 870782 (Misc.)
Son has just graduated from college and has moved to California. This is a perfect tool that has all the tools he may need. He is not a mechanic - yet as many of us do - in daily living we find ourselves in need of a pair of pliers, a screwdriver, a box cutter, a flash light - whatever the need - this little set will help him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awsome Set, July 12, 2012
This review is from: Snap-on Multi-Tool Gift Set - 870782 (Misc.)
I Got this because i love all things snap on
This set has everything top quality and versatility
You can't go wrong with this set

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift worth giving...., January 4, 2012
This review is from: Snap-on Multi-Tool Gift Set - 870782 (Misc.)
I bought this gift for a retired ford mechanic because buying him tools would be costly since he uses top of the line and I just wanted a simple stocking stuffer.

Even though I thought the flashlight and razor might be cheap I figured the multi tools would work and I was right he liked them a lot and thought they worked great..

I'll be buying more soon..

Good gift!

5.0 out of 5 stars Father's Day, August 20, 2011
This review is from: Snap-on Multi-Tool Gift Set - 870782 (Misc.)
I gave this to my father on father's day and he's so happy that he always carry the flashlight and plyers and also he told me that he has help people in the road to fix things. I very happy that I bought this to my father, excellent product, no regrets.

5.0 out of 5 stars scott2132, December 21, 2011
This review is from: Snap-on Multi-Tool Gift Set - 870782 (Misc.)
I have had very good experience with all Snap-on tools. This appears to be a great gift for the shop teacher I purchased it for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, October 20, 2011
This review is from: Snap-on Multi-Tool Gift Set - 870782 (Misc.)
Yes the flashlight is not the best, it is just a regular flashlight. You could throw away any two items and it still would be a good deal. I just purchased four more, great X-mas presents.

Snap-on Multi-Tool Gift Set - 870782