Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 16, 2012
Snapware used to make a good product.

Not anymore.

Now the lids do not fit properly and the tabs break off very easily. We have gone through four different sets of Snapware in the past 6 weeks. All have had this same problem. All have had many lids with tabs that snap off the first time we try to use them.

When we call Snapware to try to find out if they've fixed the problem with their manufacturing, they just deny that the problem exists and give us the run-around.

Caveat emptor.
33 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 21, 2012
Bought the set at Costco and the tabs started breaking on day two. If this does not bother you, then the sizes and nesting and all that should delight. Just know that you are not going to have all four tabs on all the pieces for very long, and that there is no excuse for this.
33 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2012
Used one of the container and the first one did not fit quite right. The lids do not close completely. Tried to lock another container, and the locking portion of the lid broke off.
on October 16, 2012
I have had this for about 2 weeks and 3 tabs have broken off. It can be difficult to close and definitely cheaply made.
on March 30, 2013
The idea of tight-sealing storage is a great one, and we liked the plastic Snapware we had for several years. But this new, bright-colored stuff? No.

SISTENA is a much better choice - more durable (pay attention to all the "flaps snapped off" reviews of Snapware) and available more easily in a wider range of sizes.

Biggest complaint? The new Snapware, though visually identical in size, seems to have been DELIBERATELY made to be not back-compatible - though you can't tell them apart till you try, THEY DON'T FIT EACH OTHER!

(Written in a state of extreme frustration.)
on December 15, 2013
This new model is absolutely awful. The lids do not fit at all, no matter how hard I try or how much "pressure" I put on these. Even my husband has a hard time with the lids. We had purchased the old version from Costco back in 2012 and they were awesome. The lids snapped right into place and were easy to use. We lived in Hawaii at the time and in Hawaii the need to have air tight containers is on the top of a must haves list. We sold them when we moved back to the mainland and just purchased this new set and they are a huge disappointment. I will be returning them to Costco. I'm grateful that Costco has a customer friendly return policy, however they shouldn't sell this crap product anymore.
on May 1, 2012
We bought a set of snapware about 2 years ago as something that my daughter (then 3) could use for her lunch and open all by herself. (She had a very hard time prying the "pressure" lids off, and the lids that screw on did not seem to come in small enough sizes for the portions I wanted to send her to school with.) These containers have been great for her independence - and at 4.5 she can now close them all by herself to make her lunches too. Yes, a few of the closing lids have broken, and the plastic is hard enough that corners have shattered when we dropped them on the concrete, but it's been a terrific value all things considered. My only wish is that they would sell a set with just the small containers. We never have enough of those.
on September 10, 2012
Six years ago I bought this set. I just logged on to buy some more because my family has added three more people - not because the ones I have are bad. I love these containers. They are plastic (not glass) which is better for my household because they are easier/lighter for the kids. It's also makes them easier to travel with. I use them for everything - from leftovers to lunches to snacks for the park. They stack inside each other so a whole set fits into one kitchen drawer. I love that the different size openings have colored coded lids. Makes finding the right lid easy enough for my three year old to do alone. I never put the lids in the microwave but the bottoms are constantly being heated up and they have never warped. After each use, they have all been thrown in the dishwasher - top and bottom shelf. No issues there. I can't think of one negative!
on October 29, 2013
well, I doubted the reviews I read, and that was a mistake. I owned several snapware items and loved how easy they were to use. These ones are really hard to close, you have to always unclip and reclip to make it securely fasten. I would not buy these again, and it is a major disappointment that the company's quality has gone completely downhill.
on August 9, 2015
This stuff is poorly made. The first day we had it we put a lid on the base and the part of the lid that locks broke off. We've had these for a few months now, and we've busted at least 8 lid locks off already... I buy my tupperware to last years... If I pay 40+ dollars for a set, I expect it to last!