5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-around food storage container
Published on March 16, 2012 by J. Barnes

1.0 out of 5 stars It was not airtight. For my intended use, this mattered.
My plan was to use the Snapware Airtight Medium Rectangle Storage Container, 10.8-Cup as a leak-proof toiletry container for travel. If it is advertised as airtight, it should also be watertight, no? I bought one, put some water into it, closed all four flaps carefully, and turned it on its side. It leaked. I sent it back and, just in case only that particular unit...
Published 2 months ago by LMig

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-around food storage container, March 16, 2012
J. Barnes (Prairie Village, KS) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snapware Airtight Medium Rectangle Storage Container, 10.8-Cup (Kitchen)
The Airtight Medium Rectangle 10.8 Cup 8X6X4(6) is an excellent food storage container. This sized container seems to work best to store the different pasta packages I buy. It is also a great size to keep like snacks together - granola bars, chocolates, or what have you. The snap locking keeps everything airtight and food fresh for longer. The container and lid are advertised as made with BPA free polypropylene. They are both sturdy - ridged, but still slightly flexible. The silicone in the lid is what makes it leak proof - and I can definitely confirm that. I filled it with water turned it upside down for several minutes, and not one drop came out. Then, I shook it and nothing came out. The silicone is removable. It does not fall or slip out with normal use or washing, however. I highly recommend removing the silicon and washing the entire product with plenty of soap before the first use to get rid of the slight factory smell. The four latch lid very easily snaps closed (and open) and is equally as easy to line up on the top before snapping it closed. I have had used these containers regularly for 8 months and have not found any wear and tear issues as other reviewers have. The lid and bottom of the container have squares that can be used to easily match lid to container. It is also refrigerator and freezer safe. Snapware says this model is hand wash only. Most of their other products in this line are dishwasher safe, so my guess is that they say that because it would be hard to fit this in the top rack of your dishwasher. Even after several washes, the seal is still great keeping food fresh, and holds the same shape. And to top it off, it is made in the USA!

Other Reviews:
Don't just take my word for it. Cook's Illustrated (and several others) did a full range of tests on containers like this and the Snapware container came out on top. They tested the flat 8-cup rectangular container, but as an owner of a variety of Snapware sizes, I can say that they are all of the same quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent pantry addition, June 12, 2013
alison "alison" (northern california) - See all my reviews
getting rid of all my 30 yr old (yikes) tupperware and looking for good quality airtight product to store flours, sugars, rice, other dry goods. these are very nice and stack easily. i got the 23 cup, 17 cup and 10 cup versions. 23 c good for 5 lb bag of flour with room to spare and since container has nice large top access, you can measure over it without making a mess. easy to see what's inside. bpa free. i got a few of these and added more because they are great, esp good value for the price. hope they hold up for the long run. easy to take out gasket and wash and put back together. would prefer glass, but that would be too heavy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snapware Airtight Medium Rectangle Storage Container, 10.8-Cup, January 22, 2013
I simply love my snapwares.. Recently I decided to give my pantry a makeover and wanted everything in airtight containers.. I really love glass but then the idea of one falling down and breaking and cleaning the glass steered me towards plastics.. I was looking for a cheaper solution and visited the dollar stores around but soon I got the idea that the pantry will never look like what I wanted with stuff picked from the dollar stores. I decided on the snapware and ordered 3 of the 23 cup size, 3 of the 17 cup size, 12 of the 10.8 cup size and 12 of the 4.5 cup size.. The footprint of all of them is the same, so they stack up nicely. To open and close the lids is so easy and they are certainly airtight.. In the 10.8 cup ones I store my dried goods, nuts, and anything that will fit.. The size of this one is great and when available I might be ordering more.. So far I really love them and they look great in my small pantry..

5.0 out of 5 stars Now that I have been useing these for a year, couldn't manage without them!, December 24, 2012
Bought these because they were highly recommended by Cooks Magazine, and have found their recommendations worth regarding. Like that they are BPA free.
I keep buying more of these because always go for them in the cabinet rather than the other brands I have. Can put them in any position they will fit in fridge, (even up-side-down) they never leak. They are sturdy, come in a good variety of sizes and are easy to snap and unsnap. No down-side.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our need., March 11, 2014
We make our own ice cream and this product is a perfect container for that. The shape is similar to in-store ice cream cartons for convenience in handling, and holds just the right amount. It is also freezer safe and dishwasher safe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our favorite containers, February 25, 2014
We have found these to be durable. They seal well, stack nicely, and hold up well. We use many sizes in this line of products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snapwear rectangle storage containers are great, May 31, 2013
Snapwear rectangle storage containers are great. They fit well in my pantry and don't take up as much room as round containers. I purchased the Jumbo flip top cereal keepers for my pet's food and my large boxes of cereal, the 23-cup for my 5 lb bags of flour, sugar and rice (I simply drop the entire bag in the container), the 17 cup for beans and lentils (I can store up to 4 one-bags in each unit), and the 10.8 cup for powdered sugar and cornmeal. I bought a smaller size (2 cups) for brown sugar and powdered milk. Everything fits so nicely in my pantry. I also label everything with label tape so I can more easily identify it. The gasket in the top of the Snapwear helps to keep food fresh longer. Those annoying flour moths got into my other gasket-lined round plastic containers, but the Snapwear keeps everything out and the freshness in. They are easy to open and have a reassuring "snap" when closed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice food storage, January 14, 2014
So far, these containers are very nice. I am a huge fan of Lock&Lock, though finding them in the sizes I need has been challenging. I opted to try this brand as a test for dry goods storage.

They have been exactly what I needed, in terms of size, and I've had no problems with using them. They seal well, and gluten-free flours and starches stay dry and fresh. They stack very nicely in my pantry.

I didn't have an odor in these, as some have noted. They arrived in great condition, and I've had no problems. I'm satisfied to use these along with Lock&Lock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 4, 2014
Snap ware is perfect in all sizes snd shapes

5.0 out of 5 stars love this product, June 25, 2014
The snapware is the greatest. They seal the food, and keep it fresh longer. I love this size for deboned chicken, storing lettace, or leftovers. I like the fact that the silicone seal comes out for cleaning, I do wash in my dishwasher. I have ruined the snapware by microwaving anything greasy. It will scar. I would recommend this product.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›