5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome set for leftovers
Published on November 27, 2010 by Amazon Customer

Published on December 8, 2011 by romance reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome set for leftovers, November 27, 2010
This review is from: Snapware Glasslock Glass Storage Containers with Lids 18pc Set Nesting Design (Kitchen)
I purchased this set at Costco and they are even better than I had hoped. The seals are super tight. These are great for storing leftovers and reheating (take off lid though). I also refuse to heat anything that is plastic in the microwave so I just LOVE these! As for the review giving it fewer stars, of course it's an 18 piece set -- the lids are crucial to the performance of the product. With the Pyrex set that we still have, those lids leak if something isn't exactly level in the refrigerator. My only complaint relates to personal preference: I wish they were all rectangular or square (and no round storage pieces). But that's just me wanting to optimize storage room in the refrigerator and cabinet when not being used.

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 containers chipped off glass pieces within a few months of use, December 8, 2011
I bought these at a big box store because it was a better deal than here. I send my husband to work with a microwaveable lunch every day and I was looking for a healthier alternative to plastic. Upon seeing great reviewes for this item, I have decided that the containers are worth the extra weight he would log around. And while they look nice and clean well and most importantly don't spill, THEY BROKE within several months of use! I noticed stray chips of thin glass in my drawer and sure enough they were missing from the top portions of the containers were lid attaches. When the first one broke, I hoped it was fluke, but 3 more followed and I'm afraid to use the rest. The glass shavings could be easily swallowed!

1.0 out of 5 stars Just spent an afternoon in the ER after swallowing a glass shard, March 13, 2012
Stay away from this item. After three months of use, four of my glass containers from this set have chips and I swallowed a shard from one today which may or may not still be lodged in my throat. I will be switching to Pyrex as I've had those containers for years without a single chip. If only Amazon allowed zero stars...

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY! This product should be recalled! Glass shards pop off randomly, October 22, 2012
I purchased this 18pc set of "nesting" snapware glasslock in 2011. The very first time I used the round container for soup, I found a piece of glass shard in my soup! I almost ate it, and was very worried about using these again. I convinced myself it was a fluke so I kept using them. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept and convenience of these easy to snap on lids, leak proof and microwaveable food containers. BUT I keep finding glass shards in the storage cabinet, in the dishwasher, and pieces that randomly "pop" off. I had three on the counter top after hand washing them, and I heard a "pop" and sure enough a glass shard went flying off one and onto the floor. DO NOT PURCHASE this item! I recently came back to look at the reviews and another 1 star reviewer stated they went to the ER cause they ate a glass shard!!!! I hope they are ok and people read these one star reviews because this product is very, very dangerous. I'm really surprised there isn't more ER stories out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a container I can cook in!, November 24, 2010
I purchased these containers at Costco because I'm not too fond of plastic for health and environmental reasons. The containers are awesome. The glass is very thick and will most likely last me a lifetime. I can cook in them compared to plastic that melts even if they're just microwaved. The lids are super tight and lets nothing out. Awesome product!

2.0 out of 5 stars Breaks too easily!, April 13, 2011
Kristi McMillan (Galveston, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
I've had the Snapware for about 4 months. So far, 2 pieces have cracked, and 1lid has broken. The glass pieces cracked along the top edge, thus making it impossible to seal. I've been extremely careful with them. The cracking happened after they came out of the ddishwasher, when I was stacking them in the cubbort. Again, I was very careful both times. I feel like I'm handling crystal, not everyday glassware. The first 1 crack happened within the first week. The second just cracked. The lid tore where the locking mechanism connects with the main lid. That happened within the first month, when I used to wash the lids on the top rack of the dishwasher. But since the lid tore, I've been washing them by hand. It's a pain, but I don't want anymore to break. I'm not happy. At this rate, I'm going to have to replace them within the year. I'm not going to purchase Snapeware again. I've done some research and Pyrex No Leak Lids have a better design. They don't have the little glass edge along the top. Plus, the lids have a vent for microwaving. Since they've been designed for the microwave, they'll be able to withstand the top rack of the dishwasher. I gave Snapeware 2 stars because the ones that haven't broken, work quite well. I too wanted a no plastic option, but at this cost they shouldn't break so easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my Snapware!, November 29, 2010
Bought these at Costco for $29.99 with a coupon. I had gone in thinking I'd come out with the plastic version, but then I realized how nice it would be to have storageware that doesn't take on the color from spaghetti sauce. The ease of cleaning these is wonderful too. This is a seriously nifty product, and I'm planning on buying another one as a Christmas gift for my sister in law.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be aware these are factory rejects!, June 10, 2011
I just received this set and was quite upset to find that three of the container lids were missing a "snap" on one side preventing the container from being properly closed. They aren't broken off. They were never there to begin with. Clearly a manufacturing issue. Seems clear to me this seller is pawning off factory rejects which would be fine if that had been disclosed. Of course had that been disclosed I would never have purchased from this seller. I am not happy.

2.0 out of 5 stars glass chips easily, March 26, 2012
Snapware Glasslock is perfect except for one deal breaker: the glass chips easily. I don't even care about the chip marks, but I do care about possibly ingesting a tiny glass sliver!

Pros:

* Silicone snap seal is completely airtight. I can put an avocado, and it won't brown after a few days.
* Seal gasket is relatively easy to clean, compared to other systems without snap, like Pyrex No Leak.
* Containers nest when storing in the cabinet.

Cons:

* Chips easily. I treated it gently, but I had chips in 3 bowls in a month. I will probably go with Pyrex in the future. All the pros cannot outweigh this con.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the idea of them, but a lid already broke., October 14, 2011
I love these, the idea of them works, but in less then one week one of the lids clip broke. The plastic it really thin by the hinge area, other then that I love them. The thing that would sweeten the deal is if you can by replacement lids.