Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 17 Cup|Change

on October 14, 2012
I ordered a few of these to use as canisters. They are the perfect size....will hold a 5 lb bag of flour. I like that they have the airtight seal and, most of all, that they are made in the USA.

PS. A few folks have commented on the fact that I said it holds a bag of flour. Its true, however I feel like I should add that I have since replaced this size with the 23 cup model. I never empty my flour canister. When it gets down to a cup or two, I add another bag so that when I want to use flour, I have enough that is ready to go. The 17 cup container is FULL with a 5 lb bag. I hope no one was mislead.
33 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2013
Snapwear rectangle storage containers are great. They fit well in my pantry and don't take up as much room as round containers. I purchased the Jumbo flip top cereal keepers for my pet's food and my large boxes of cereal, the 23-cup for my 5 lb bags of flour, sugar and rice (I simply drop the entire bag in the container), the 17 cup for beans and lentils (I can store up to 4 one-bags in each unit), and the 10.8 cup for powdered sugar and cornmeal. I bought a smaller size for brown sugar and powdered milk. Everything fits so nicely in my pantry. I also label everything with label tape so I can more easily identify it. The gasket in the top of the Snapwear helps to keep food fresh longer. Those annoying flour moths got into my other gasket-lined round plastic containers, but the Snapwear keeps everything out and the freshness in. They are easy to open and have a reassuring "snap" when closed.
on May 12, 2015
Ordered to help store & protect my back up dry goods in cupboard (flour, rice etc) that bugs & mice tend to enjoy. They seem to do what is described, though truly determined & starving mice will gnaw a hole through the plastic. My main concern will be preventing a hatch of grain moths. They do fit the contents of a 5 lb. bag of flour without having to open the bag & dump it in, but the flour did have to go in sideways. I could see the snap flaps wearing with use, but these will not be used for storing on counter & scooping contents out of, just strictly back up storage. For those who are wondering....I don't store my dry goods for months on end, but having experienced moths that most likely came in some contaminated dry goods, they can be a beast to get rid of, and mice can be incredibly resourceful in just one night if you are lucky enough to get them in your house each fall:-)
review image review image review image
on May 20, 2013
ordered this item to store our homemade bread from a Sunbeam 2.0 lb bread maker. We make 1.5 lb loaf for a week and then store it in this snapware container. Bread fits perfect and lasts for a week, because it is sealed airtight.
on July 6, 2012
I've tried lots of airtight storage containers and enjoy Snapware best. They make lots of useful sizes. They stack. The lids fit easily and securely. I love the big sizes for long term storage.
on April 9, 2012
I use these for storing flour (I have 3 different types) and they fit conveniently in my pantry. I had been using a Rubbermaid product which has been discontinued, but these containers are a perfect replacement. They keep my flour fresh (even wheat flour!) and are easy to use. Be gentle with the "snap" areas & you'll have years of usage to look forward to!
on January 9, 2013
You have to remove gasket and wash the lid (it comes completely off with clips on all 4 sides) the bucket and the gasket and dry well before using. (gasket on lid is very easy to remove and replace)
It holds a 5lb bag of white flour with about an inch or two clearance at the top.
I just got it today and am very happy. Money well spent. I believe you can use these also for heating and storing other foods, but haven't tried that....bought this just for flour.
Now that I've tried it, I will be buying more and in different sizes....very very happy with this item....exactly what I wanted/needed.
on December 16, 2012
I bought this product since I had pantry moth infestation in my house. I wanted to keep my flour away from pestering moths that were eating away all my food stuff and breeding like crazy. I wanted to have all airtight containers to keep them at bay and big enough to hold 10 lbs worth of flour and dry stuff, this product claims to be airtight, but it's NOT. I had moths breeding in few weeks. I think Cambro RFS8PPSW2190 8-Quart Round Food-Storage Container with Lid did a wonderful job. Won't buy another of this for moth problems.
88 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 2, 2012
Great size (fits 2 packages of english muffins perfectly), seals well and clear. I love being able to keep our muffins from going stale. When they are buy one get one free at the grocery store I buy multiple packages and the ones I dont freeze get put into here. The kids love them and I like that I am able to keep an eye on when to restock and that it fits enough to last me about a week at a time. Very pleased with this container, and I will be ordering more.
on January 22, 2013
I simply love my snapwares.. Recently I decided to give my pantry a makeover and wanted everything in airtight containers.. I really love glass but then the idea of one falling down and breaking and cleaning the glass steered me towards plastics.. I was looking for a cheaper solution and visited the dollar stores around but soon I got the idea that the pantry will never look like what I wanted with stuff picked from the dollar stores. I decided on the snapware and ordered 3 of the 23 cup size, 3 of the 17 cup size, 12 of the 10.8 cup size and 12 of the 4.5 cup size.. The footprint of all of them is the same, so they stack up nicely. To open and close the lids is so easy and they are certainly airtight.. So far I really love them and they look great in my small pantry..