2,431 Reviews
 (1,910)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to operate, dead-on accuracy, securely held to instrument
Customer Video Review     Length:: 6:12 Mins
The Snark SN-1 Tuner is an inexpensive gadget that works perfectly. It's features include:
- chromatic tuner for acoustic, electric and bass guitars
- Metronome (BPM) indicator with a range from 40-250
- pitch calibration from 415-466 Hz
- adjustment that allows you to tune your guitar even while using a capo.

In...
Published on February 10, 2012 by M. Erb

3.0 out of 5 stars Two were dead after 3 days, third times the charme!
I have to edit my once five star review because twice in a row I recieved a tuner in the mail, and after less than one week the screen goes totally dim. I Can't imagine this is the battery since that is supposed to last a year and I only used the tuner 4-5 times for less than a minute each time. It's so dim I can barley see the reading when I squint. It's only $10 just a...
Published on September 15, 2011 by Paula Gallagher

1.0 out of 5 stars Very short lived, August 4, 2012
Dooner (Santa Cruz CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snark SN-1 Tuner (Electronics)
At first I loved this little Snark for its excellent visibility and ease of use. It was much faster and accurate than previous tuners I've used. However, after about a month the head departed from the clip on base due to a weak design where the parts are joined. Unfortunately, it was too late to return it or I would have. If this flaw is ever corrected, I will gladly purchase another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, and informative. Pretty, too., April 27, 2012
Mel Beckman (Oxnard not just a pretty name, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snark SN-1 Tuner (Electronics)
This tuner is much more sensitive than the $80 Intellitune it replaced. It's much more readable too, and the color cues are terrific on a noisy stage - you can see from a distance when you're spot-on, because the green bar glows brightly. It's a funky color, I know, and people keep asking what it is. I'd have preferred something more subdued, since I'm a classical guitarist and often play in well-lighted settings, where the purple tuner pops out. Easily the best tuner I've ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best invention for the guitar in decades, April 25, 2012
This review is from: Snark SN-1 Tuner (Electronics)
When I started out playing guitar in the early 60's. We used a pitch pipe that you blew into that sorta came
close to the guitar sting sound. Or you used the fifth fret method on the adjacent sting and try like hell to
raise or lower the string to matched what you heard to pitch. Needless to say this became very fustrating and
and time consuming to your daily practice routine.
Then came the electronic tuners which are good and alot better then before, But you still needed and electric
guitar so you could plug into it.
Now with this you just clip it on to your head stock of any guitar or bass. Electric or acoustic and in seconds
your in tune. No fifth fret tuning or trying to listen to a pitch. This tuner has a strobe type lighting system
on it so you could be deaf basicly and still get your guitar in tune. Less time wasted on fustration and more
instant gratification into your playing time.
And the best part of this device for me as a professional musician is. When your on stage playing and your guitar or bass goes out of tune. You can leave it on during the performace and check your tuning right away with out
disturbuting any body in the band or the crowd. Believe me when I say. You'll save your self alot of embarasment
and fights with your band members. Because of this Tuner! A God sent!!
Plus I got a great deal here at Amazon.com. 3 Tuners for $30.00. There normally about $30.00 each.
Thanks Again! Amazon.com!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's broken..., April 8, 2012
calBear (Berkeley CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snark SN-1 Tuner (Electronics)
The tuner is great, I mean it could help me to tune my guitar very fast. But the quality is not so good, I used it only 2 or 3 times, then it broke. The plastic clip is so fragile, and can be easily damaged. If you want to use it long, remember never try hard on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars great clip on tuner for guitars, December 9, 2011
This review is from: Snark SN-1 Tuner (Electronics)
This is my favorite clip on tuner I've used for guitar. It's well made, easy to use, easy to read and fits securely on your guitar head stock which is where I mount mine. The display is bright which makes it easy to read in low light clubs and similar situations. They're several makers of clip on tuners and I'd say Snark is my favorite of the bunch. The price of around $10 is a steal for such a good item that's necessary to keeping you in tune. Do yourself a favor and buy a Snark and save the money you didn't spend on other accessories for your rig. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped out a noob, October 10, 2011
This review is from: Snark SN-1 Tuner (Electronics)
WOW! saved my life and my interest in learning to play the guitar (no joke)

I bought a beginners guitar and it was out of tune, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get it right. I downloaded those iphone apps- pffft did NOTHING for me.

So when this came in wow, I was surprised how nice this product is and how SUPER SOFT the clamps are

anyways, I placed in the included battery, turned it on, and wow, my Jasmine S35 sounds amazingly different! it placed a smile on my face

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have rated a perfect "5", but..., October 5, 2011
tangledup625 (Baltimore, MD USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snark SN-1 Tuner (Electronics)
I love this tuner. It is relatively small, but clearly visible. It doesn't seem to have "dead spots" on my guitar.(Some other tuners have a hard time with the "low E". Not this one.)It is PERFECT, except: I was taking my guitar and strap off in a low ceilinged room, and I hit the tuner on the ceiling. Tuner is fine, but the spring clip broke. I have sent several emails to the company's email address for customer service explaining the issue offering to buy a new clip. None have been returned. I have bought four of these tuners (two for gifts, one for myself, and then another for myself.) I hate it when a company with a good product falls down on the customer communication and satisfaction front. I know, I know. I broke the damn thing; it didn't fail, BUT is it too much for them to answer a damn email!(Did I say that I love the tuner!)

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken head, January 1, 2014
This review is from: Snark SN-1 Tuner (Electronics)
Like the other one star reviewers -- my problem is that the head broke off. I tried to glue it back on, but it just fell apart even worse when I tried to do that. If you buy this, you really need to baby it! My advice is look for a more sturdy model!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Tuner... Bad Physical Design, April 10, 2011
This review is from: Snark SN-1 Tuner (Electronics)
I bought this tuner as a backup to have in my case. It tunes great. It does not jump around and tunes very quickly. The reason I didn't give it 5 stars was for two reasons. First was the physical design of it. It is very cheaply made and very bulky. I have an Intellitouch pt-10 which is very slim so going to the large snark was not great. It is made of very cheap plastic and seems to be very breakable. The second reason is the display is not very clear. It is one of those displays that you can see everything thing it can show in the background of what it is actually displaying. This makes it very hard to read in well lit areas. I imagine in dark areas that would be fine. Also the display is pretty small compared to my pt-10.

Overall, it tunes great but is built poorly. If you can get past the physical design, I'd so go for it.

1.0 out of 5 stars R. Ashton, February 17, 2012
This review is from: Snark SN-1 Tuner (Electronics)
My music group really liked these tuners, but with in 2 months 3 of them have broken in the same exact spot. The head snaps off way too easily. No more Snarks for our group.

Snark SN-1 Tuner