Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sniper Bid
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$0.99

on July 31, 2011
The detail of Michenener; the background of Asimov; the twists of Brown; the passion of Sagan.

I wanted to write a review that did justice to Rick Robinson's (obvious labor of love) without trite hyperbole.

Those 4 comparisons are the best that I can do. Mr. Robinson provides details about the settings of the story and the necessary background of the characters and landscape in each chapter without detracting from the thread of the story. Just when you are speculating about the outcome of the story and book, confident that you know enough, he takes a different directon. He keeps you in the game and on your toes at the same time. Pay attention. All the way through the story; you know that it is being told by someone that cares. He cares about the topics; the characters and the time and place. I know because I cared too.

Sniper Bid... Buy it... Read it... then be prepared to read it again because it was so much fun the first time.
on August 10, 2009
Sniper Bid was a great read! The Author Rick Robinson weaves a fictional story into real life events which are historically accurate. It really describes a number of complicated issues, in a really comprehensible fashion. I really gained tremendous insight as to how our Congress operates, the pressures, concerns, and interactions of our elected legislators, with their staff, the citizens, and the time honored institutions that allow our government to operate. As a baseball fan, he also shows some of the interworking of professional baseball, and how all things are decided based upon a lot of variables that we as citizens often fail to consider.

The book is an easy read, and flows very well. The author does a tremendous job in holding the readers interest while providing the reader with a real understanding of some very complicated issues.

I was very impressed with the book and am now going out to get the first book by Rick Robinson, "The Maximum Contribution" and look forward to the Third book coming out!

As a real Cincinnati Reds Fan I enjoyed the references to Reds teams and players of the past, in particular one of my favorite Reds pitchers growing up, Jim Maloney! Thanks Rick for a great book!
VINE VOICEon October 28, 2013
The story line holds together if you use a bit of imagination. I had to keep reminding myself that this was a work of fiction so it was OK that a junior member of Congress would even be noticed, especially when his party was in the minority.
Certainly not the best book I've read this year but overall it was a satisfying read.
on March 25, 2014
I admit I’m not a baseball fan—maybe I’ll watch some of the playoff games if the Phillies make it that far. I enjoy watching football much more—especially the pre-seasons games when the rookies are trying their best to make the team.

However, I was curious about the connection between a Congressman, baseball, and the sniper. I dare say Rick pulled all the elements together nicely with a compelling storyline. He includes enough touches of politics as usual to make it a believable tale. His informative references of Congressional history add to the reality of the plot. Even if you’re not a baseball fan and don’t give a damn about political crap you will find this to be an entertaining read.

Enjoy often… John
on July 27, 2011
Rick Robinson has hooked me once again. First with The Maximum Contribution and now with Sniper Bid. I love the local flavor of Rick's books and I'm stoked that I now can download them to my Kindle (even though I have the hardbacks). I have already read his third book also, Manifest Destiny, and I recommend all three. Thanks for the great reads Rick!
on February 26, 2014
If I could give this book TEN stars I would. I am an un-apologetic baseball nut. But I had no idea the story would center around baseball when I purchased it. Truely, true my a classic that deserved every award it received. Can't wait to read more from this author! Long may be write :)
on December 21, 2012
Just completed this book, the second in the series. Would very much recommend it as a delightful read. Robinson further develops his husband/wife characters, as a couple and as individuals. Anyone who has put some miles on in the marriage journey will chuckle at the begining of the sailing episode. The book is realistic as to the stress and strain careers put on relationships. After reading this book, I purchased the next book in the series. This book is a book that can be enjoyed...
on October 27, 2012
I think I have read all his books, so far. I am eagerly awaiting the next one. I really like the history that Robinson writes about and weaves in his stories. Richard Thompson is a great character. Seeing his companion for the baseball game die, throwing out the first pitch, gets him looking into what happens. I like the other characters in his books also. Leo Argo, The Fat Man, and his wife. It's hard to put down Robinson's books.
on August 19, 2013
This is the second in Rick Robinson's series (Maximum Contribution, Sniper Bid, and Manifest Destiny) that involve a delightful group of characters who encounter some evil wrongdoers...I enjoyed the dialogue and the twisted plot.
on December 12, 2012
This is one of those novels that you recommend to everyone! It takes a great look at different perspectives in corporate and political America. For the first time it made me think of the on-flow and effects that each has on the other with mystery involved too. Buy it, read it, you won't be disappointed!