Professional restaurant supplies BDD_MSW16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Learn more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 10, 2012 9:58:43 AM PDT
So i just saw a video for this sniper challenge game for hitman. in the video it says gamestop gives u a download for it when u preorder. so im on my way to gamestop, heres the link

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/10/hitman-absolution-sniper-challenge-game

Posted on May 17, 2012 10:55:15 PM PDT
AIRBORNE6176 says:
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/hitman-absolution

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2012 2:43:45 AM PDT
pic summit says:
I perfer to order videogames from amazon, but the sniper challenge is just so much better theres still time for amazon to sweetin the deal.

Posted on May 25, 2012 3:36:15 PM PDT
kaosrogue says:
you could put $5 down at gamestop to get the reserve, get the sniper game, and then preorder and purchase from amazon. Either cancel your gamestop preorder later, or just let gamestop keep the $5. You are already saving $5 with amazon by not paying tax.

Posted on May 25, 2012 11:12:32 PM PDT
AIRBORNE6176 says:
If one does this suggestion as listed above ^, one will NOT receive the 2nd unlock code from GameStop to import all of the unlocks/upgrades gained in Sniper Challenge to the full game once it releases. I will support Amazon before I support GameStop, but in this instance I will do pre-orders from each shop to obtain/keep the goods I want.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2012 1:45:57 AM PDT
pic summit says:
will do.

Posted on May 28, 2012 2:02:06 AM PDT
AIRBORNE6176 says:
The top Player on the PS3 global rankings has 5.6 million on a single play-thru, while 2nd place has 5.2 million... Incredible!

What is the top score for the 360?

THX!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012 11:30:04 AM PDT
Boston007 says:
So then you will return the amazon order after you get the codes?

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 11:38:02 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2012 11:40:59 AM PDT
AIRBORNE6176 says:
I will keep both of my pre-orders from Amazon and GameStop in order to play the game w/ unlock code(s) and to have an un-opened copy for my Hitman collection (which includes un-opened copies of the first 4 games for all consoles & the PC).

BTW, the original top shooter in the PS3 global rankings is #1 again w/ 5.9 million pts. AMAZING...

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 11:51:12 AM PDT
Boston007 says:
Wow that is crazy but our perogative, enjoy

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 12:01:06 PM PDT
AIRBORNE6176 says:
I'm a HUGE Hitman (Agent 47) and Golgo 13 (Duke Togo) Fan w/ a decent "cleaner" collection, as I try to support both of the best professionals on the planet thru any items or media. I know its strange, but its a hobby for me...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012 5:09:16 PM PDT
Ddude790 says:
Actually you don't need a second code to import the unlocks/upgrades into the final game. The sniper challenge creates a save on your Xbox, and the final game will scan for the save and import the unlocks.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 6:44:45 PM PDT
AIRBORNE6176 says:
Have you any form of confirmation of NOT requiring a second unlock code to import the obtained Sniper Challenge data to the actual game for the 360 (or PS3, for that matter)?

Both Square-Enix/IO & GameStop state we do...

THX!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 11:00:17 AM PDT
Otherguy89 says:
I see nothing stating that anywhere on GameStops website or Square-Enix.

THX!

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 2:03:57 PM PDT
AIRBORNE6176 says:
^
Go to:

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/hitman-absolution

Click on "KAZO Sniper Rifle" on the right side of the screen under "Sniper Challenge".

Read where it says: "AT PURCHASE OF HITMAN: ABSOLUTION RECEIVE 2ND CODE TO:

· Unlock KAZO Sniper Rifle.

· Import all earned achievements, stat and skill upgrades into full game"...

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012 2:21:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2012 2:23:12 PM PDT
Otherguy89 says:
I have a hard time seeing that. Why would GameStop go thru that much trouble? It's a free $5. Plus Square-Enix wouldn't care. It's not like their getting a part of that $5. They just want the game bought, they don't care thru who. Plus it may well be a misprint or something to make you think twice and go back to GameStop. Why? Cause there are no achievements to earn. Don't remember any stats to view. And not really skills either, mainly just weapon unlocks. I guess you could call the breathing upgrade a skill.

Either way. If that DOES happen to be true. I'll go buy it from GameStop, use the code and Immediately turn around and return it. Wouldn't be the first time.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 2:38:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2012 2:44:20 PM PDT
AIRBORNE6176 says:
I agree with you 100%, however...

When the Hitman: Sniper Challenge unlock FIRST come out, this second unlock code was NOT mentioned or required. Many people placed pre-orders, received the codes, then canceled their pre-orders in HUGE numbers (online and in-store) at GameStop. Since then, GameStop has coordinated with Square Enix to require this second unlock code to import the data from Sniper Challenge to the full game. This "second" unlock code will only be distributed to those who actually complete the full purchase of the game from GameStop.

There are those who believe that this may, in fact, be a marketing ploy in order to retain GameStop pre-orders instead of losing them to MUCH better & lower priced retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, or Wal Mart...

I have pre-ordered from both Amz and GS, so if this "second" ulock code turns out to be a marketing ploy (myth), the game goes back for a refund...

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 11:52:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 6, 2012 11:55:19 AM PDT
Ddude790 says:
The only site that mentions a 2nd code is the Gamestop website. Considering that this preorder bonus is available at other retailers outside the US, and none of them mention needing a 2nd code, I'm calling this bluff by Gamestop. They don't want people canceling their preorder just to get the code and then just buying from a better vendor. So the way I see it, this is just a scare tactic by Gamestop. There is no way a code would be able to dynamically unlock content. From past experience dealing with importing content from other games (such as importing Forza 3 content into Forza 4), the game will just check to see if you have a save from the Sniper Challenge, and if you do, it will scan the save to determine what you unlocked, and then import those unlocks into the actual game.

From http://www.hitmansniper.com/faq
"Do I earn anything to use in Absolution?

Yes. Playing the Sniper Challenge will reward the Silenced Agency Kazo TRG for use in Hitman: Absolution. Players will also have the opportunity to earn a further 12 weapon and technique unlocks."

I'm not sure if preordering from Gamestop gives you a direct code that you can use to download the game, but preordering from a vendor outside the US gives you a code that you need to redeem via the hitmansniper.com website, which only then gives you a code in a format that you can use either on PSN or XBL.

Posted on Jun 6, 2012 12:16:38 PM PDT
AIRBORNE6176 says:
Like I said, I agree with you two...

HOWEVER, I can only proceed off of the intell I am provided. I think GS is just trying to keep their pre-order numbers as well. I am prepared for either contingency: GS telling the truth or not.

Besides, one should still be able to obtain the unlocks thru good, old fashion gameplay...

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 5:57:05 AM PDT
AIRBORNE6176 says:
ATTENTION: This email was sent to me by the Square Enix Support Centre on 7 June 2012 in regards to the GameStop "second" unlock code required to import Sniper Challenge data to the full Hitman Absolution game:

Dear *my real name*,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

Thank you for your interest in Hitman: Absolution.

We are not aware that there will be a second code. Saying that, it is still a while until the release of the game so it is likely that there is no final conclusion about how this will be processed.

Unfortunately we cannot provide a definite answer at this stage but would suggest to keep an eye on the relevant websites, forums as well as twitter and facebook.

We are sorry we cannot be of more assistance.

Kind regards
SQUARE ENIX Support Centre

Thank you again for contacting us and for your interest in Square Enix products!More help and information are available at the Square Enix Support Centre website.

http://support.eu.square-enix.com/

GS may be pulling yet ANOTHER fast one on us Gamers in order to retain pre-sale orders...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  May 10, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about