Sniper: Ghost Warrior - Playstation 3
|Price:||$15.16 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Realistic ballisitcs system measures bullet trajectory
- Environmental effects such as wind, fog and rain
- 12 person multiplayer battles featuring 6 custom created maps
- 3 completely new missions with new in-depth, storyline where players take part in sniper on-sniper duels to further sharpen their shooting skills
- Players test their sniper skills on the game's hardcore settings where the mission is more difficult and is meant solely for the player who has mastered basics of sniping
- Upgrades have been made to greatly improve the multiplayer mode, which now include "Capture the Flag"
- Five additional multiplayer maps available in the PS3 version in Classic mode as well as Death Match, Team Death Match, VIP and Capture the Flag
- Two new weapons are available both in multiplayer mode and in the "Unfinished Business" campaign
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Sniper: Ghost Warrior is a first-person tactical shooter that places the player in the role of a US Marine sniper tasked with aiding in the liberation of a Latin American island nation from the oppression of a dictator. Gameplay focuses on realistic sniper missions, involving stealth, control of breathing and heartbeat for increased accuracy, bullet trajectory that takes weather conditions into account and multiple different sniper rifles. Features include a variety of mission types, the ability to play as a member of an assault team, 12-shooter multiplayer support and close combat weapons and explosives.
Bonus features available in the PS3 version include: a complete collection of DLC released to date, new weapons, expanded difficulty levels and exclusive missions and modes.
The Latin American island nation of Isla Trueno suffers under a tyrannical ruler and as Marine sniper Sgt. Tyler Wells, you have been sent on a covert mission deep into its jungles to aid the rebellion, one head shot at a time. Outfitted in a ghillie suit that renders you virtually invisible in the dense foliage, you must stalk an enemy whose knowledge of the terrain is superior to your own. Can you deal crippling blows to the dictatorship as a top-ranked sniper? Are you tough enough to succeed in a close quarter battle as a member of a hard charging Delta Force assault team hell-bent on liberating the oppressed nation?
Sniper: Ghost Warrior is a first-person tactical shooter that features game mechanics based primarily on realistic covert actions of a military sniper. Combat is mission-based and centers on extended stealth gameplay that challenges players with a variety of strategic and tactical choices that affect how they approach their objectives and eliminate their targets. Sniper gameplay is designed to be realistic, with the player required to cooperate with their AI spotter for pinpointing of targets, maintain heart beat and breathing control -- especially after running -- for maximum accuracy and performance and develop expertise with four types of sniping rifles: AS50, MSG90, SR25 and SVD Dragunov. Players in sniping situations also must deal with conditions such as wind, fog and rain that will test even the most skilled of shooters. Additional features include multiplayer support, a slow-motion Bullet Cam Mode, an arsenal of explosive weaponry like Claymore mines and C4 explosives to defend your perimeter when and/if your position is discovered or to demolish enemy outposts, melee weapons like throwing knives for close, quiet kills and the additional ability to cooperate with a hard-charging assault team member bent on up-close and personal firefights.
Exclusive Upgrades for PS3
Sniper: Ghost Warrior for PlayStation 3 contains more content right out of the box as well as more play modes and functionality than the PC or Xbox 360 versions that came before it. In addition to all the standard missions, weapons and modes available in the previous retail versions, PS3 players can look forward to improved graphics optimized for PS3, all the DLC content released to date, new rifles and AI improvements, PS3 exclusive single player missions, bonus multiplayer maps and new modes including a bonus single player Challenge Mode and exclusive multiplayer modes: Capture the Flag and a Hardcore Difficulty Mode.
Key Game Features
- The most realistic sniping experience in a video game ever, right down to managing your breathing for increased accuracy of sniper shots.
- Enjoy a fully realistic ballistic system that accounts for bullet trajectory, including bullet drop and environmental effects such as wind, fog and rain.
- Bonuses and feature exclusives unique the the PS3 game version.
- Fully upgraded game play and graphics.
- Exclusive single player missions for PS3 owners.
- Bonus multiplayer maps.
- Exclusive new multiplayer modes including Capture the Flag and Hard Core difficulty mode.
- Exclusive new sniper rifles including the L96 and the M200 Intervention.
- Bonus single player challenge: Additional mission with Hard Core mode to challenge the very best players.
- Pull off the perfect headshot and watch your bullets strike the enemy with pinpoint accuracy in Bullet Cam Mode.
- Cooperate with your spotter for a better performance.
- An arsenal of explosive weaponry is at your disposal. Defend your perimeter with Claymore mines, demolish enemy outposts with C4 charges and make silent kills with throwing knives.
- Four standard types of sniping rifles: AS50, MSG90, SR25 and SVD Dragunov.
- A variety of mission types ranging from sniper vs. sniper elimination, real-time tactical assault and fixed machine gun combat.
- Built on the Chrome engine which immerses players in lush jungle and detailed industrial environments.
- Nonlinear gameplay allows players to decide how they wish to approach a situation. Challenges may be completed in several different sequences, giving players the freedom to explore.
- Multiplayer mode option supporting up to 12 players.
Authentic sniper action.
Extended multiplayer options.
Exclusive missions & modes.
New weapons, maps & more.
Platform: PlayStation 3
Top Customer Reviews
First of all this game is best suited for people who love sniping. People who hate sniping or aren't very good at it will probably hate this game. Does this game have it's faults yes many, but the sniping makes up for it(atleast for me). If you can over look some of its faults you can really enjoy a game like this. Now for the breakdown...
The good :)
Graphics aren't amazing but pretty good for a modern shooter. Nothing Battlefield or Cod worth but definitely better looking than Medal of Honor.
Sound is great. The music during the missions adds to the tension of being shot at while trying to snipe people and not getting noticed. Also the sound that a silenced sniper rifle makes is just awesome.
Bullet cam. This is the best part of the game IMO. You setup your shot, measure wind, monitor your breathing keeping it steady (shooting during exhales increases accuracy for those long shots), guessing when to aim your shots so it won't get interrupted by the rain/wind, measuring bullet drop (the further your enemy is the more likely gravity will pull the bullet down so you need to aim over your target). For those of you who are lazy Easy and Normal modes of the game come with all that factored in an easy to read red dot. Point, shoot and then watch your shot travel all the way to your enemy. Glorious!!!Read more ›
I started in hardcore mode and highly suggest that you do too. After I completed hardcore mode I played the other modes to see how they were and they are for players who are new to shooting games. The red dot displays the actual spot of impact when not on hardcore, don't cheat yourself by using the easier levels that use the red dot. Instead get your money's worth and start on hardcore, you can always play the lower levels afterwards.
Things I truely enjoyed in this game:
Part's of it are like a puzzle, you have to figure out the best way to advance. Some sections have alarms that sound if you make an error, but, there are times you still need to shoot someone. These can get tricky depending on the route you have choosen. There are times it is better to use your pistol vice your rifle, I won't spoil those for you.
Little things like the helo not touching the ground when you deploy out of it are important for the sniper theme, no imprints left behind. Other theme related things like grappling hook and climbing to get to a snipe position, use of cables to transverse an area, and a gillie suit all add to the sniper theme.Read more ›
I was about to buy the 360 version when I scrolled a little bit more down and saw the PS3 release date wasn't far. Because of the bonus content I opted for this version obviously. Unlike other reviewers, I find that PS3 re-releases usually hold up to the blu-ray name.
Having never played a game with bullet drop or wind/humidity resistance, I wanted to see what it was all about. I read that there's a little red dot if you don't play on hardcore so I skipped all the easy breezy bull. I never look at mini maps on games because I always forget they're there. Sometimes when I'm stumped on where the enemy is I look. But that hardly ever helps. So I play the game like (how I think) a sniper would function in real life. I crawl most of the levels through for fear of enemies seeing me run. If I blow my position in a stupid way I restart last checkpoint. If I miss I have to watch for where the miss hit(super hard past 300m) and adjust that way. I use my silenced pistol for close range and there is bullet drop on the .45 even. That being said, the AI is stupid. But it is in pretty much all games. Who cares how dumb it is when I can smoke em from 300m+ anyways(longest shots I've even seen so far).
My only other complaint(4 star rating) is that very trace amounts of the ground texture is stupid when you try to crawl over it. Like an inch high rock keeps you stuck. Luckily this hasn't been in any location that I absolutely needed to be all the way down for.
Admittedly I only just beat Act II today. But I already love the game. If you love the idea of being All Ghillie'd Up you'll favor this game. I excel in stealth missions on video games.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
not what i was expecting but this is a cheap game. I just did not think it was that poorly madePublished 14 days ago by Sonny D
If you have ever played a first person shooter game, you will be very disappointed.Published 1 month ago by Jason Konop
Should be able to carry a larger variety of weapons. Some scenes are a little difficult to maneuver when using the rope. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Delores E. Batts