Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Suffers All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now Sale

Format: Kindle EditionChange

on November 10, 2012
The heroine in this story is one of the types of heroines I like: intelligent, skilled and self-assured. She's also Raven, an ex-sniper in special ops. For this reason alone, I loved the book. Don't you love it when a woman suceeds in a traditionally male profession? I do.

The hero is the head of another special ops team. He's typical macho, hard core special ops, who only allows his soft side to emerge when he returns to his home town, spending his time with his best friend and god children. On his first day back, he meets the Raven, who's been hiding in the small mountain community. Sparks fly.

I've been around my share of special ops men. The author's characterizations were spot on. So was the attitudes and dialogue. For these reasons and so many more, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It had suspense, sizzle, tender moments and all the elements of good writing I love. I highly recommend this read.
on November 17, 2012
I rolled through Sniper Shots like a woman rolls through chocolate. Luxury and abandon come to mind with Ms. Lane's stories. They're rich in characters, scenery and just enough hutzba that you connect to them. Sniper Shots ads heat and sharp wit to the flavor, tension that bites and a wonderful dog named Bores. I love Bores. He's the best third character I've read in a long time.

Well crafted, tightly woven, tension and action that drives the plot of the story. Amazing, realistic characters. I loved Sniper Shots. I look forward to more and more from this fabulous author. Guess who's going on my favorite author list? And Christmas? Shopping is done. Yum.
on December 28, 2012
This is a fast paced non stop action story with a little romance thrown in for fun. I liked the main characters very much and was cheering for them throughout the whole story. This is my first book by this author and I will be on the lookout for more.
on April 6, 2013
Both the Harrier and Raven have a sixth sense, but Raven, using her courses, was able to find out his true identity before he is able to find hers. He only knows that she needs to be protected by the very man that was her lover and now has come back for revenge.

This Special Ops thriller is adventurous and nerve-racking from the moment Amy and Joshua meet at the back of a garage that belonged to his best friend Kyle. The three Wassile brothers don't know when to quit messing around with Amy but Joshua will not take it one bit. He is captivated by her the moment he lays eyes on her but so is she. Only they have no time to get to know each other. Joshua later finds out he has been assigned to be her watch dog.

Amy Sheridan is a very brave, strong, independent woman that will not allow anyone to make choices for her, and most of all, she trusts no man, especially one that brings shivers to her skin. She goes where she pleases and does what she pleases. But Joshua has made that impossible since the minute they meet. Can you believe that he made up a rumor the next morning that they were engaged? Only to make sure that Chet, one of the Wassile brothers, would leave her alone. But it didn't help when she found herself diving into a ditch while walking her dog. Someone was trying to kill her but who? Her killer's Jeep was almost identical to Joshua's. Could he be working with the "Cobra"?

Joshua Colby knows he should not be getting too involved with Amy but there is something about her that he finds fascinating. He finds out that she knows Special Ops sign because her dog "Bors" is trained using the signs. Something that he thinks Kyle showed her, but he isn't sure. When his commander tells him that he needs to keep watch on her, now is his time to do exactly what he wanted. When Joshua finds out that someone tried to kill her, he wants to kill Velavich aka "Cobra." Only he needed to think things through: was it really Velavich or was it Chet? The stakes escalate when Amy was kidnapped.

SNIPER SHOTS is truly an entertaining mystery of cat and mouse. The Cobra was trying to strike the Raven with its venom, only the Harrier had no intention for the Raven to be struck. With this storyline, it makes you wonder why the commander is so interested in Amy, and to what extreme would Amy go in order to protect the people she loves? SNIPER SHOTS is well written, and the author is amazingly capable of keeping your interest in the story.

The only problem I had was that some questions were not answered, like, what happened with Kyle and his family, what happened after the mission was done, and where did Joshua go after the clean-up? Were there any other men in the surrounding area waiting for Velavich?

Other than that, the characters and their situations were so real I found myself talking to them as if they could hear me. The chemistry that Joshua and Amy had for each other just radiated off their bodies; any one that saw them knew that Joshua was a goner.

SNIPER SHOTS is a great read that is captivating in every way.

Reviewed by CozyReader
for TheRomanceReviews.com
on January 26, 2013
I loved (loved, loved, LOVED) this book!! Amy and Joshua were strong, smart and honest (as much as they could be in the situation) and I loved how realistic Amy was about her strengths and limitations (and not stupidly jumping into situations that endangered everyone) and how accepting and respectful Joshua was as to who, and what she was. With woman now 'legally' able to fight in combat if they meet the stringent physical & mental requirements, I hope most men will be as accepting & respectful as him.

And it was wonderful to read a romance where the couple didn't spend the whole story denying their connection or dealing with stupid misunderstandings. While they weren't happy with their attraction (and the reason for this is understandable) they were at least honest about it. The sex scenes were also INCREDIBLY steamy and Amy gave as good as she got (I like it that they were able to make each other lose control).

This book got 5 stars from me - and that's incredibly rare. Kathy Lane is now on my 'Must Read' list and I just wish this wasn't her first book in the series so I could immediately dive into the next one!
on January 21, 2013
This is an excellant book. I throughly enjoyed the adventure. That is the way I like these kind of adventures. I am not there but I feel like I am. I like the way the herione bonds with the towns people. Her story that know one else knew about was exciting and to know she had someone on her side. She couldn't fight it alone. The hero was kind of caught off guard about her but when he knew what he had to do he stepped up and did it. I enjoyed the towns people also. The writter sure knew how to bring her story along. He did a most excellant job. If you have never read her stories try them you will like them. Thank you amazon for a most excellant customer service.
on January 26, 2013
I loved Sniper Shots! It had everything I like in a book: a sexy man, a strong, smart, independent woman and lots of steamy romance. The main characters in this book show strong values and I loved the friendship and loyalty. When I read a book and can envision everything happening like a movie playing in my head, I know its a good one. I am a dog person so I loved Bors and the fact that Amy saved him from drowning as a puppy!! That won me over right away. Great book, well done!
on April 3, 2013
I have never read this author before, but I will again for sure.
I loved everything! The non-stop action, the steamy romance and the edge of you seat suspense!
The characters were very believable and you just got caught up in the story. In fact I couldn't put it down....it was a real late night for me!
A very well written book! I will be on the look out for more books from this author.
Well done Kathy!
Definitely one for my "keeper" shelf"
on March 10, 2013
A good mystery. Well worth the purchase. The author kept the reader rooting for the main characters. People who would only appear in fiction but appear real to you when reading the story.
on February 9, 2013
I found this book to be an interesting read.
It carried the reader along from start to finnish
and could have done with fewer sex scenes.