Questions & Answers
Sno Seal - 7 oz
by Sno-Seal
4.7 out of 5 stars (87)
$4.98 - $17.50
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 38 questions
votes
You bet! Use a hair dryer to warm the area with the residue. The wax should melt right into the leather. My wife's got Frye boots and sno seal works great for keeping them conditioned and safe from water. You can also place the boots in front of a space heater so they get warm (not hot!). After treatment, my boots get a residue in the area between the uppers and the sole, where the seam is; if I still get some after heating the area, I just brush it off with a stiff brush. Good luck!
Dec 14, 2012 by M. Ross
votes
They are marketed for the same purpose but are very different in how they effect leather. Sno Seal will NOT break down leather fibers the way mink oil, liquid silicone, neat's foot oil etc. Sno Seal is more effective at waterproofing leather than the others as well. I wear boots 365 days a year working as a maintenance mechanic and living on a farm; my boots see horrible conditions that leather just doesn't do well in like calcium and halite ice melters. Sno seal provides a heavily moisturizing treatment for leather while not softening to the point of losing shape like silicone/mink oil will do. Sno Seal doesn't change the color of leather as much (or at all on some leathers) as the "oils", it protects better, lasts longer. The only down side to Sno Seal is it does not dry as quickly as the other products, this doesn't stop using the product. The reason for this is the lack of drying agents and that Sno Seal is a wax. As far as application it goes on like the Kiwi paste mink oil. If you like mink oil give it a try
Jan 18, 2014 by Thoradog
votes
I really don't know how to return them to it's original color. My suggestion is try a search through YouTube on your question. Also maybe try cleaning then with water and give it time. Good luck.
Nov 10, 2014 by giovanni
votes
It will help for sure. Here is the deal on this product: Its essentially beeswax, kept in a liquid form with a very small amount of a solvent that doesn't hurt leather/canvas. When you apply it, you need to get the boots WARM (like, sitting in the summer sun on a hot day is best, you can use a space heater or a hairdryer also). When this product is applied (pay attention to SEAMS, ZIPPERS, and CANVAS), it will melt into a liquid and soak into the seam. Once it sits for a while, the boot/shoe will cool and the solvent that was keeping the beeswax soft will evaporate, and this stuff will harden quite a bit (its invisible in this state). After that, the seams will be highly water resistant. If you still get seepage into the boot or shoe, figure out where its coming in and really apply a heavy coat to that area, and then use a hairdryer to melt the snoseal into the seam/crack/area fully. This stuff is also great for re-conditioning old, faded leather, almost as good as the original Lexol.
Jan 7, 2014 by C. Gleeson
votes
Couple days, a week? Depends on how often you wear them and in what kind of conditions I'd say. The smell is kind of offensive but not something I worry about on my work boots. This stuff rocks, can make anything waterproof. Whether it is "just" beeswax or not I have no idea. I usually heat my boots in the oven and plaster this stuff on them, stick them back in the oven and repeat process until the leather isn't absorbing it anymore. Then I just leave them to cool and put them on the next day. I don't bother wiping away the excess wax. That will get wiped off at work anyways.
Jan 4, 2014 by Amazon Customer
votes
Anything leather, sure.
Dec 3, 2013 by moto jim
votes
Definitely will darken brown shoes. Black shoes remained same. I imagine it would depend on color of your shoes as to how much it darkens the shoe. I still swear by the product in that it protects the shoes from weather. I have a pair of hiking boots that are going on 20 years. I've applied sno seal maybe 5 times.
Oct 15, 2013 by Jas
votes
..Only the color of the label is blue. The sno-seal itself is an off-white, but goes on and dries clear. It WILL darken your leather, but not drastically enough to change the color to black. Just darker whatever-it-was-before.
Jan 8, 2014 by Z4KJ0N3S
votes
I am not sure how it would work on oiled leather, you may want to look at Bick #5 leather conditioner cleaner for that.
Feb 27, 2014 by Corey
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers