Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 4, 2006 11:01:41 AM PST
Have anyone noticed how everybody is bashing at everything now? When the first internet forums came out everybody started whining about how this movie or that show sucked. Now with MySpae and an endless amount of forums everyone is a critic and the vast majority knows IN ADVANCE what sucks and what´s going to "own"; like Snakes on a Plane, months before it even was released it was THE movie, the coolest film of the year, AND NO ONE EVER SAW IT YET. The movie came out and being the crap it was all these snobs insisted on the "coolness" of that garbage not daring to be "uncool" by aying "Well, I finally saw the movie and it was really dumb".
Well, after more tahn 15 years I think thewriters for The Simpsons have covered a lot of angles and it must be challenging to come un with new scripts. I found the show still funny an I don´t like some episodes but going as far to say "OOOh the show died at season 8, after that is just crap" is just snobbish nonsense coming from people with no personal opinions. The new Star Wars trilogy sucked? I love Star Wars but after seeing the "good" trilogy recently I realized that there were pretty dumb dialogue lines, ewoks defeating stormtroopers? Stormtroopers unable to hit he side of a barn and many inconsistences no one dares to argue now in fear of being obstricized....Jar Jar and the midichlorians were a mistake but the new trilogy is cool...and Narnia sucked big.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2006 2:39:02 AM PST
I. Hunter says:
Maintaining a level of humor that is most notably demonstrated from Seasons 4-8 or even 9 would be difficult for any writing team, especially to continue on for as many seasons as the Simpsons has persisted.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2007 8:53:32 PM PDT
I don't like how people bash the simpsons as if they could do any better, know what I mean? It's been on for twenty years for a reason: people like it. The end.

Posted on May 23, 2011 11:22:53 AM PDT
Jack Pacini says:
Exactly, what would these same people who say The Simpsons suck after S8 say, if all the writers did was recycle the old stuff? "The Simpsons just repeat themselves over and over!" I applaud the writers for trying to keep the show fresh and different! It would be easy for them to recycle old bits, but for the most part they don't. Upon writing this The Simpsons are just wrapped up Season 22! They must be doing something VERY right in this age of cheap to produce "reality" shows! I hope The Simpsons last another 20+ years, until they are the last show on TV that is not a "reality" show or talent competition!

Here's to many more decades of Yellow Simpsons goodness!

Posted on Jun 17, 2011 11:51:54 AM PDT
S. A. S. L. says:
This is why I'm glad I have a mind of my own. I watch movies and then give my honest opinion. I don't listen to critcs or others that are just giving their opinions. That's all it is anyway: opinions. If I had listened to critics, I would've missed out on some good movies and watched some pretty crappy ones. I like "The Simpsons". BTW, does anyone know if the season 9 DVD set has Special Features like with cast interviews, etc?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Nov 4, 2006
Latest post:  Jun 17, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Simpsons S9 Lisa Head [Import anglais]
Simpsons S9 Lisa Head [Import anglais] (DVD)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (155)