Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon November 1, 2012
The Snorks came about because of the popularity of the Smurfs. To differentiate them, the Snorks were small underwater creatures instead of forest-dwelling ones. Their stories were equally cute and harmless, though; perfect for kids. Their cartoons didn't have fighting, violence, etc. They offered stories with lessons presented in a fun way. I still have a special place in my heart for the Snorks. They were a great addition to my Saturday morning cartoon ritual which also included the Smurfs.
VINE VOICEon October 24, 2014
This mid- '80s series is often dismissed as an "Undersea Smurfs", but it's not. Both Smurfs and Snorks have this in common, however, like Tintin, they were both Belgian comics. Snorks starts with an odd, heavy backstory about Captain Ortega's ship being attacked by pirates. A sailor finds his journal in a monastery, in which the captain tells of tiny undersea creatures, the Snorks. The rest of the show is much lighter, but it continues among other oddities. Realistic-looking fish swim by the cartoon characters, and sometimes attack them. In the last of the 13 episodes in this set, a whale is mistakenly called a "killer whale", slang for an Orca, but they might mean simply that the whale is a killer, since it attacks another whale. Each episode consists of two cartoons. The set includes two one-sided discs, with no extras. Another oddity is that the Snorks sometimes glimpse humans, or vice versa.

Their own world is very well realized, with a full cast of characters. They can be jet-propelled using the snork on their heads, in the manner of a squid. Allstar, the main character, has a faithful doglike pet octopus, Occy, voiced by Frank Welker, who also voices Tooter, a character who communicates by means of sounds, in the manner of Gerald McBoing Boing. The full cast is rounded out, somewhat like the Flintstones, and played against dazzling, bright undersea backdrops. The characters are well-drawn, well-developed and likable, with the exception of Junior, the mayor's son, who is sort of like Reggie in Archie comics. His schemes are foiled in ways that arise naturally in the stories, and the good nature of the other characters wins the day. All in all, this is a delightful series, far above most cartoons of its time.
on March 10, 2013
We have had these for several months and my grand-daughter watches them all the time. I have nothing negative to say about this product.
on January 20, 2013
Our Grandson loved it.He likes the older cartoons better than the new ones. That's why we got 2. one for him and one for Grandpa.
on August 12, 2015
The Snorks are underwater creatures who act like humans from under the sea who always had adventure's, getting chased by the hungry Snork Eaters, and Junior the spoiled rotten Governor's son was my favorite Snork character because he had more character development than the others on the show, I first started to watch them on The Boomerang channel in 2004. after I got home from my middle school and really loved it a lot!
on April 13, 2013
I love this cartoon! It's one of my favorites! When I discovered this show on Boomerang in the summer of 2008, I've been waiting for this show to start coming out on DVD. I guess I was going to get it after all, I just had to wait 4 years later. I got this DVD for Christmas, and I loved it. I'm not sure why they didn't include bonus features, but I don't care because one, I haven't been all into bonus features, and two, the focus is kept where it should be-watching the episodes themselves. What's great about this cartoon? The underwater theme is great, and more importantly, the characters! They're just so likeable, except Junior Wetworth. He's a "Gaston" sort of bully, but the comedy is him getting punished in the end, mainly by Occy. Speaking of which, I also love Occy because he's an octopus version of a dog. I like Daffney for being a fashion lover and icky stuff hater, Dimmy for TRYING to act tough but not succeeding, Tooter for honking but not speaking, and most importantly Allstar and Casey. Allstar is great for being brave, heroic, and knowing what's right and wrong. I LOVE Casey Kelp too because she's beautiful on the outside AND on the inside. She always puts helping others before herself, she's strong, proud, and kind, like a good heroine should be. She's my favorite animated heroine of all time. I can't wait to watch this DVD more!
on September 17, 2015
The snorks were my favorite childhood cartoons. Now my kids can enjoy them with me. So many great memories. I love sitting and watching a few episodes with my boys, the cartoons on TV now do not compare. Its a great way to spend time with the kids.
on April 5, 2013
Our daughter loved this cartoon growing up and now her daughters are enjoying them. Thank you for this great walk down memory lane. We tend to be people who love to look at older cartoons and laugh and remember.
on October 13, 2013
This series is still a great undersea cartoon series. The theme song is more hotter then Spongebob Squarepants' song because it's more rock in' and fun. This series is fun like the Smurfs and Spongebob Squrepants. This series should have it's turn on the big screen like Smurfs & Spongebob Squarepants did.
on June 6, 2013
Brings back all the good memories of this cartoon of its time love it then and still love it now. Imagine snorks living under the sea would be nice very well scripted and the animation was very well done. Just love this cartoon would recommend to children or adults that watch as a kid should watch again brilliant.