5.0 out of 5 stars The Fourth and the Final, July 31, 2009
J A Logan (Philadelphia Pa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snow Blind (PI Julie Collins series #4) (Mass Market Paperback)
Lori G. Armstrong weaves a tale of elder abuse seemlessly with the dangerous world of the Hombres in this fourth and sadly final tale in the Julie Collins Series. Well written and plotted the ever fearless Julie faces mortality and the mine field that is her relatiosnhip with Hombres El Presidente Tony Martinez head on. She continues her pursuit of the truth, with her now recognizable bravado that is sure to have mystery fans cheering her and her ever present cast of secondary characters on as they uncover the truth, whatever the cost.

SNOW BLIND is a page turning and somewhat eye opening tale of mystery, deceit and is proof that even the most clever and cunning of PI's can be lead astray by a pretty face.

A fitting end to an exceptional series. Bravo Ms. Armstrong, Julie Collins and SNOW BLIND are a perect 10!

5.0 out of 5 stars Snow Blind by Lori Armstrong, November 25, 2008
Peggy Washabaugh (Rapid City, SD USA) - See all my reviews
As usual, Lori Armstrong has written yet another "page turner" to keep you on the edge of your seat. The language is a bit rough at times, but that is keeping with the "Julie" character. Armstrong never fails to entertain and carry you through each investigation she persues. Due to this story, my eyes have been opened to how frequently the innocent are taken advantage. Hats off to our hometown-girl. Great read! When is the next one coming out?

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a jam packed book!, November 7, 2008
This latest installment actually felt like three books wrapped in one. There was so much going on but it was a real page turner. ****POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT***The book summary makes it seem like the time she was with her father was a large part of the book, but it really wasn't. I was actually dreading that part, based on her past history with her father, but it wasn't a large part of the book at all.***END SPOILER ALERT*** All in all this was such a jam packed book with so many twists and turns that it kept me reading well into the night. I hope this isn't the last installment in the series, there are still so many directions for Julie and Kevin. I highly recommend this book and the other installments also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another worthy entry from Armstrong, October 20, 2008
Snow Blind, the fourth and perhaps final Julie Collins mystery, is every bit as satisfying as the first three.

Julie Collins is not always a likable character. In fact, all of the central characters in the Armstrong series are flawed, some very much so. Julie is no exception, smoking and drinking, outwardly defiant to cover the wounds of abuse and rape in her past. Her relationship with Tony Martinez is still on shaky ground, her partner is acting completely unlike himself, and Julie must come to grips for once and for all with her father, stepmother, and step sister as she struggles to find the internal strength to match her external toughness.

The weather is the unifying factor in Snow Blind, the bitter cold of a South Dakota winter overshadowing all and moving the pieces around the game. Armstrong's evocative writing made me feel the crunch and creak of snow underfoot on a deeply cold night.

I won't give away any of the plot but I highly recommend Snow Blind and the rest of this series. Buy them. All of them. They will be on your keeper shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love her books!, June 19, 2013
I love her books. I am from SD so know of some of the places she is talking about. I like her spitfire attitude.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, March 2, 2013
JillyB "JillB" (State College, PA) - See all my reviews
This was the final in the PI Julie Collins series. I enjoyed the book alot. I actually enjoyed the whole series and writer left enough that there could be additional books with same characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great BOOK!, July 18, 2012
I really enjoyed this series of books. I read them all in a week. Toward the end.... I was growing a little tired of the main character's attitude but it all works out in the end. It probably didn't help that I read them all in a week so.... like a friend you've spent so much time with....she started getting on my nerves. HA Anyway..... REALLY good books. Great story lines about subjects I'm not at all familiar with and found interesting. Can't recommend these enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, June 4, 2012
Lori Armstrong is a wonderful writer, well defined characters, great twists and turns and although you don't always like the main character PI Julie Collins, you understand her and root for her. Snow Blind is the 4th book in this series and I want MORE!! I highly recommend this book and series.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved This Entire Series, December 17, 2011
I read a lot of mystery series and this one has everything I look for in a series that I absolutely love. Each in the series are big, fat books with multiple plot lines and a smart-mouthed intrepid detective. They are in first person, which is by far my preference. If you like just a little romance running through your mysteries sometimes, the bits of plot running through all four of these novels with the biker gang head honcho guy...was HOT. And funny! When Julie shot up Tony's Toyoto, I laughed until my stomach hurt. Delightful moments like that in fiction are rare, and I sure savored the hell out of that one.

The third book I started at a bad time. It was close to 1 AM on a work night and I couldn't get to sleep. I was just going to read for a few pages until I got sleepy. I was still reading at 7 AM. I won't tell you what I did at work that morning since it could be incriminating, but I finished the book at lunchtime. I was like a meth-head. Nothing was going to keep me from sucking down that next sentence.

This fourth book seems to have made the series come to an end, and I hate that. I will miss crazy Julie and getting to know her more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't miss this one, October 25, 2008
Can Julie Collins survive a brutal Bear Butte County winter? What's going to happen with her dangerous boyfriend? Do Not Miss This One!!

ARRAY(0xa253206c)

Snow Blind (PI Julie Collins series #4)
Snow Blind (PI Julie Collins series #4) by Lori G. Armstrong (Mass Market Paperback - October 1, 2008)
$7.95 $7.16