Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Blu-ray|Change

VINE VOICEon December 16, 2007
This direct-to-video movie is a sequel to last year's Air Buddies. In this one, the five pups find themselves in Alaska, where they are soon befriended by Shasta, a Husky pup, and his owner, a young boy named Adam. The boy has big dreams of becoming a sled dog racer, and if the Buddies can get him to the finish line they will be on their way back home. They turn to a wise old Husky for mentorship, but on the day of the race, the Buds unexpectedly find themselves on their own. From what I've been able to see of the film I think many younger kids will love it (the puppies are cute), but adults will be bored.

Here are the bonus features:
* Audio commentary (from the dogs!).
* A blooper reel.
* A hip-hop-style music video of "Lean on Me" by "Hannah Montana" star Mitchel Musso.
* Behind the Scenes "dog-u-mentary," which gives you a tour of the set from the perspective of the video's canine stars B-Dawg, Rosebud and Mudbud.
* A featurette on the film's visual effects.

The movies are based in part on the 1997 feature film Air Bud.
on February 5, 2008
I think people need to be aware that the American Humane Society WAS present during the filming of this movie and none of the animals were treated inhumanely. The same person who wrote one of the Amazon reviews also wrote the same review at several other sites and is spouting misinformation.

That being said, the movie is adorable, my child loved it. He's a fan of dogs and of dog sledding and he enjoyed every bit of it!
22 comments|42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2008
I am planning to rent the movie Snow Buddies to watch with my children. I was concerned about the several one star reviews that sited animal cruelty in the production of the film. I believe, based on reading the American Humane Society's press release, that the criticism is unfair and felt compelled to rebut those reviews. Here is a direct quote from the Humane Society's release:
"American Humane is conducting a full investigation on the trainer and breeders and following the progress of the puppies that have been retired from the production, many of whom have been placed in new adoptive homes. The company producing Snow Buddies has complied with each request from American Humane and has made changes so that working puppies will not be put in any position where they may fall ill. The film production company has been very cooperative and has suspended filming until further notice. All of the dogs in the production now have been checked and are being cared for by a veterinarian. We will continue to monitor the production and release our findings once the investigation is complete."
It may bother some folks that dogs were harmed for any reason and by any person in the making of a film. However, by the Human Society's own account, the film production company appears to have done their best to look out for the welfare of the animals. The problems seem to have been with the trainers and breeders. It seems unfair to punish the producers of the film by condemning their product when they appear to have been unaware of the possible improper conduct of the trainers and breeders.
on February 5, 2008
My kids loved AIR BUDDIES--they watched it non-stop and are really excited for Snow Buddies. I've already purchased this one for them as a surprise--I'm sure they'll wear it out too!
on November 21, 2015
I do think its a good movie, for children & family or anyone who's a dog lover. I kind of like the Buddies.
We see Buddy & Molly for the last time in this movie, The Buddies are always off doing their every day hobbies,
When it comes to getting together though which is pretty regularly they'll work together as a team. In this movie they Join Adam & Shasta after getting aboard an airplane delivering ice cream to Alaska. Shasta wants to race just as bad as Adam. The Buddies agree to help. Proving they got what it takes. Puppy power! Who says pups haven't got what it takes? You don't underestimate these guys, B Dawg, Mud Bud, Budderball, Rosebud, & Buddha,. I often wonder how they did that exactly. Puppies can't pull a sleigh in real life, so they must have been really cardboard boxes or PVC pipe or something. I'd like to know how Disney does all that, in this movie & (Santa Buddies).
Shasta is the one I like. He does have pretty eyes. He lost his parents around a year ago while they were racing in the last dog race. & is now feeling eager to take his fathers place, to be as good as he was. First all 6 of them must seek the advice & some tips from a wise wolf named Talon. He lives on a mountain, (Kris Kristofferson) who I know from both these movies (Fire down below) & the late 70's western movie (The tracker) by now he'd be in his mid 80's I guess.
With his help they learn everything they need to know, & are soon signed in for the race. The movie is impressive & enjoyable.
Soon though after winning the race they must say good bye & climb on the plane with mom & Dad Buddy & Molly who also arrive in Alaska after looking for the Buddies. & are there to greet them at the finish line, no comment though on winning from Molly or Buddy.
& they return to Fernfield. Shasta barks a few good byes as they take off at the airport. I guess he enjoyed their company.
on January 1, 2016
My son loves this movie! He loves all of the "buddies" themed movies. I think they are cute movies also. There are five talking puppy siblings who get accidently shipped to Alaska where they meet an adorable little husky puppy and his boy owner who want to race in the local sled racing tournament. The buddies come to the rescue and help when there is trouble on the trail during the race. Like I said, my five year old loves these movies, and I think they are good movies for children to watch. the buddies are always getting into some kind of "situation" and the story lines are cute. I would recommend for a fun, winter family movie.
on February 7, 2008
My family loved this movie. Disney, of course, did take care of these puppies during the filming. I love the family experience that is so lacking in movies today, this one had it. It also helps to reinforce the friendship that children have with dogs and that all dogs with the proper love and care are good dogs and can be trained well. I wish there were more movies out there like this one. Thank you so much Disney.
on March 9, 2013
Of all the Buddies movies that I've seen, this one is my most favorite(Space Buddies & Spooky Buddies are a close 2nd & 3rd) With the exception of the villain, Jean-George, I love all the characters in the movie, especially the Buddies and Shasta. Another thing I love about it is the messages that it delivers such as trying hard to be the best you can be and pay attention to wise advice. The plot is really neat, as well, where, because of Budderball's stomach, all the buddies end up in an ice cream shipment to a town in Alaska, where they met Shasta, an Alaskan husky, and his owner, Adam Bilson, who wants to be a dog-sled racer, just like his father was. So, the Buddies decide to help him fulfill his dream. Another thing I love is that the movie has some of the funniest lines, like when Rosebud introduces herself and her brothers to Shasta and he asks Mudbud "Why do they call you Mudbud?" & Mudbud looks at his reflection and says, "I'm spotless! Think of a dirty place! Think of a dirty place!" One last thing I love is the bonus features, especially the feature commentary with the Buddies and Shasta. So, I recommend this movie to anyone who loves the Buddies movies, or dogs, in general, 'cause, believe me, this movie is WONDERFUL!!!
on March 3, 2015
This review is for parents with sensitive/easily scared children in response to recommendations of the "Buddies" movies as appropriate for this type of kid. I thought I was escaping the main problem with Disney animated films - the cheap technique to get kids emotionally involved in the story - parental separation, usually via death, but I was misinformed. Early in the movie, the puppies get "trapped" in a vehicle, thrown from a plane, & lost/separated from their parents. Strike one - kid already has tears streaming down face. (Though in fairness, they did try to make these scenes more humorous than sad or scary). Then, the Buddies meet another pup whose parents it's clear died in a tragic accident. Bummer. Later in the movie, another dog death & near death. Really? There was also the requisite "bad guy" who was willing to physically injure people & let his own dogs die. Of course, puppies are reunited with their parents at the end, but they also had to leave the poor little orphan dog behind to get back home after they spent the entire movie bonding with him (more separation/more tears in my house). And although I love me some cute puppies, I found this movie painfully boring as an adult.
on April 16, 2014
purchased this movie for my grand children they loved this movie series I will recommend it to every parent and grandparent great bonding time movie
seller had a great price and received in awesome time the seller did a great job
will order from them again in the future