Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Snow River 8-Ounce Wood Oil
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: 8 oz|Change
Price:$4.52+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on February 13, 2014
I'm probably the only person buying this for skincare purposes. This is one of the few brands of mineral oil that does not have added vitamin e. (Which makes it thicker and disgusting texture wise.) Also Vit E breaks me out. So I was happy to be able to purchase this. Sooo much better, it has a very watery texture compared to the sticky bubble gum texture the vit e gives other mineral oil brands.

I use it to remove makeup and sunscreen, contrary to popular belief mineral oil (PLAIN MINERAL OIL like this) has a very low comedogenic rating. Oil dissolves oil, so its great for removal!
77 comments|163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 30, 2007
Wood and bamboo oils are simply food grade mineral oils. You should use a wood oil in your kitchen instead of vegetable oil because mineral oil does not break down or become rancid. Wood oil gives sheen and water and stain resistance to wood items such as butcher block, cutting boards, pizza peels and wooden salad bowls. You can use wood oil to darken and restore the appearance of faded wooden knife handles or dried out wood cutting boards. This is a must have for any kitchen with wood items. If you buy any sort of wood gift this is a thoughtfull add on which will help your gift to both maintain its beauty and last longer.

This product is less expensive in the 32 oz. size Snow River 7V03401 32-Ounce Wood Oil or Think Bamboo Maintenance Cutting Board Wood Oil Orange Scented - 32 Oz.(4 pack) if you need a large amount or want to give bottles of wood oil as gifts.

I actually use mineral oil laxative on my wood kitchen items ($2 for 16 oz. at many drug stores) which is the same thing. Clearly the laxative bottle is less than aesthetically pleasing and is embarassing to leave around the kitchen. My wife keeps hiding the bottle in fact. But No it won't have a laxative effect if you use it on your cutting boards or knife handles.
77 comments|188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2008
I compared this Snow River Wood oil with other more expensive mineral oils, like John boo's.
Only difference is just a thickness. John Boos oil is thicker, so it does a better job with one coat.
If you apply this oil twice, there is no difference.
It's very easy to apply to any wood surface. And the treated surface is very water repellent for a long time.
The color of end grain gets much darker than plain grains.

After trying three different mineral oils, I found that basically all mineral oils are same. So I don't need to buy these expensive ones. Just go to any drug store and buy food safe mineral oil with a fraction of cost.

When mixing pure Bee wax in this oil(use heat), I could get a much better finished surface and a real good sweet smell too.
0Comment|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2004
I really like this for wooden kitchen utensil and cutting boards. Other oils I can find are smelly with solvents, this one is just perfect.
on January 9, 2007
Completely free of any odor, color... anything!!! I have a very large island with a butcher block top and with a very small amount was able to cover the entire island in a matter of seconds!!! I feel safe using this product with a baby in the house also. Buy it...you won't regret it!!!
on March 7, 2007
Very nice oil, brings out nicely the texture of natural wood. Works on raw pine (untreated) as well as other furniture. Does not leave greasy feel, only shine. It is very liquid, more than other oils I've used. Makes application easier. No sent to speak of.
on March 30, 2008
I have used three diff brands - Tru Bamboo, Snow River and John Boos. I like the last one ( John Boos )the best. It is thicker than the other two. It does a better coating job.
on November 21, 2014
This is great mineral oil for the oil cleansing method. I have used it every night to remove my makeup and it works great. I have very sensitive dry skin and rosacea, and cannot use most cleansers.

This has worked out so well for me. It does not dry out my skin or cause my skin to react. It is nice and gentle. I wet my face, then rub a small amount all over, just using my fingers, until my makeup dissolves. Then I use a wet microfiber cloth to wipe it away.

I bought the small size to try it out for makeup removal before committing to the bigger bottle, but I will definitely be getting the larger size next time I order. That being said, a little goes a long way, and I still have plenty in the bottle to use.
on April 16, 2014
I bought this to use on my skin because I am very sensitive to fragrances found in store-bought mineral oil. I love the consistency of this oil. It is thinner than baby oil and light weight on the skin and absorbs quickly and easily. So far I have not reacted to it, so I will definitely repurchase when my current bottle runs out.
on May 8, 2014
I bought this to remove makeup and sunscreen. It does not have vitamin E or fragrance. My face is very happy. My breakouts have decreased almost completely! I really like this oil. The 32 oz bottle is so big, I will have it for a long time.