Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 2, 2009 2:13:05 PM PDT
T. Marquand says:
There seems to be two different packaging covers for the Snow White DVD/Blu-ray combo packs on amazon.com

One has Snow White large front and center on the cover. The other has the Witch with an apple in her hand large front and center on another cover.

Both are listed as DVD/Blu-ray combo packs. Is there a difference in content or what (the product description is no help)? There is a slight difference in price also. The Snow White cover goes for $25.99 and the Witch cover goes for $25.49.

What's up with the two covers? How do you know which one to get?

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 12:35:05 AM PDT
depends on if you want it in the blu ray case or the dvd standard black case i myself went to best buy and preordered you get a steelbook case free when you preorder

Posted on Sep 3, 2009 7:13:41 PM PDT
Peein Elmo says:
The discs in both combos are exactly the same... The only difference is the cover with Snow White that has the silver boarder is a DVD case and the witch cover with blue boarder is a Blu-ray case... They each come with the same Blu-ray Disc, the same DVD, and the same digital copy... There really is no point in buying the DVD case because if you don't have a Blu-ray player right now, you will soon...

Posted on Sep 5, 2009 8:15:29 PM PDT
actually your wrong elmo no digital copy this time its either a 2 disc blu ray plus a dvd copy or a 2 disc dvd with a blu ray copy

Posted on Sep 6, 2009 6:05:26 AM PDT
Peein Elmo says:
Yes I am wrong... The description threw me off by adding the + BD Live...

Posted on Sep 10, 2009 11:10:45 AM PDT
M. P. Hewitt says:
Actually I believe that the Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs Cover Art is probably a holographic lenticular 3D image so as you tilt the cover it will change from a large image of Snow White in the Magic Mirror and a tiny Witch to a large Witch in the mirror , and a tiny Snow White image at the bottom of the cover!!

I can't wait to watch the Blu Ray for the first time and to see the wonders wrought by Disney's technical guys on the 72 year old movie , it will sound and look better than ever before!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 17, 2009 5:48:40 PM PDT
It's 2 blu-rays and a third regular dvd copy of the movie. It's just the cases that are different.

Posted on Sep 18, 2009 3:12:01 PM PDT
I think this is great. I am getting the dvd case to match the rest of the collection, but I will still have a bluray for when I finally get a bluray player!

Posted on Sep 26, 2009 8:25:50 AM PDT
music fan says:
Just to confirm, the witch cover indicates blu ray packaging??

Posted on Sep 28, 2009 10:35:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2009 10:36:28 PM PDT
C. Johnson says:
Everyone is wrong! I went on Disney's website for this and the one with the silver boarder is a DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack that has a regular DVD with some bonus features and 2 blu ray dvds with their bonus features. The one with the witch on the front is a Blu-Ray/DVD Combo pack with 2 blu-ray dvds with all the special features and a DVD with the movie and that's it. The first one is preety much for Disney enthusiasts that are waiting for a blu-ray player, and the second one is for people with blu-ray who also want to view the movie in the car like shown on the commercial.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2009 4:38:37 PM PDT
Both are Blu-rays. The difference is the silver packaging (slip case) is packaged on a black DVD case, the blu slip case is in the blue Blu-ray case. Both come with two Blu-rays and one DVD.

Posted on Oct 3, 2009 9:45:32 AM PDT
No, the one with DVD packaging has special features on the DVD. The one in the blue ray packaging does not have and special features on the DVD. I am getting the DVD package one because I dont have a bluray player yet, but plan on getting one in the future

Posted on Oct 3, 2009 12:24:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 3, 2009 12:26:37 PM PDT
hunter's mom says:
I currently have this DVD right now. My 6 year old is watching it as i am typing. I got it early from one2one network. They gave it to me for free as long as i post reviews online. The Diamond Edition (the silver border case showing Snow White as the main feature of the picture) has 1 blue ray showing the movie, 1 blue ray showing bonus materials, and 1 regular dvd showing the movie for a total of 3 discs. Hope this helps anyone. By the way its really cute. The play menu shows the magic mirror and he seems to know that its the first time you are showing the movie b/c he says something about it being your first time watching the movie. And when you play it again he says something about you coming back again to watch the movie. my kids got a kick out of that--like he really was magic. lol.

Posted on Oct 5, 2009 2:08:27 PM PDT
FrankieBoy says:
Cra--, I ordered the wrong one from amazon, I want the other one. no phone to call, can't cancel and switch, I guess i have to return and start over without the promo snowhite. Screwed

Posted on Oct 5, 2009 6:15:37 PM PDT
There seems to be a lot posted about the Two Disc Blu-Ray/DVD in Blu-Ray packaging, but not much about the Two Disc DVD/Blu-Ray in DVD packaging. Does anyone have any information about what kinds of extras are on the two DVD version? Should I wait for the DVD only version being released on Nov 24? I like extras.
Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009 5:45:54 AM PDT
See...that's what's throwing me off...they're releasing this Diamond Edition now but earlier this year Disney announced they were re-releasing Snow White in November. I've pre-ordered the DVD from Disney for the November release. Why are they doing two different releases?? The November release also gives you the option of getting Blu Ray or regular DVD. Very confused!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009 5:47:48 AM PDT
See...that's what's throwing me off...they're releasing this Diamond Edition now but earlier this year Disney announced they were re-releasing Snow White in November. I've pre-ordered the DVD from Disney for the November release. Why are they doing two different releases?? The November release also gives you the option of getting Blu Ray or regular DVD. Very confused!

Posted on Oct 6, 2009 8:11:58 AM PDT
hunter's mom says:
i believe that the November release is for a 2 disc DVD set (no blue-ray). I'm guessing its 1 disc the movie and 1 disc is bonus materials. hth.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009 10:26:29 AM PDT
C Knaub says:
I just got the "DVD" version with Snow White on the cover. Very disappointed, I do not have a blue ray player and all the new bonus material is on a blue ray disc. Only the movie and old bonus features with a new music video is on the DVD.

Posted on Oct 6, 2009 10:37:25 AM PDT
Both Blu-Ray/DVD combo and DVD/Blu-Ray combo packaging are the same. Both contain two discs blu-ray and one DVD. The regular 2-disc DVD will be out on Nov. 24.

Posted on Oct 6, 2009 10:38:51 AM PDT
Thanks C Knaub. After reading all this gibber gabber, I think I finally know which version I am buying. Sorry that you didn't get what you were expecting.

Posted on Oct 6, 2009 10:40:00 AM PDT
M. STUART says:
I see it's listed as 4:3 ratio. The pictures seem to suggest it's widescreen. what is it on Blu-ray? I bought Pinochio blu-ray and was very dissappointed that it was full-screen and showed black side bars on my widescreen TV. It really negated the restored picture quality. Please help. Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009 11:13:27 AM PDT
Jsquared says:
You should see on the Pinocchio Blu-ray that there was an option to have art fill the sides of the screen. The film is still 4:3 but the black bars are filled with art that matches the film and frames it better for 16:9 screens. It's a little distracting but a lot better than black bars (especially for reducing burn-in).

Posted on Oct 6, 2009 11:16:47 AM PDT
Snow White will give you the same "Black Bars" as Pinocchio. These titles were drawn and released way before widescreen was even invented. The aspect ratio is 4:3. No, this will not fit your 16:9 TV screen, you will have black bars on the sides. There is no way around this. Be happy you can view the full picture in 4:3 and that Disney didn't cut up their works of art so it can fill your fancy TV.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2009 1:27:05 PM PDT
M. STUART says:
Far be it from me to promote anyone cutting up works of art. Just not sure it makes it worth the money to buy the Blu-ray, though at this Amazon price I might do it anyway. Special features have received good reviews. I'll have to go back and watch Pinochio with the art fill in mentioned in the previous post and see how that looks.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Sep 2, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 8, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs [VHS]
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs [VHS] (VHS Tape)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (1,369)