Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

Price:$20.51 - $20.99+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on February 21, 2012
I must admit that I am a BIG advocate for reading the review before you buy. I'm glad I did as I chose the correct sizing based on what others said versus the size chart. My 3 1/2 year old twin boys should wear a small according to the size chart but when I measured their hands, they were actually medium size.

Quality is great for the money. And the cuffs go all the way up to their elbows ensuring extra warmth.

I would recommend these to anyone but make sure you measure your kids hands before ordering. DO NOT USE THE SIZE CHART. IT'S NOT ACCURATE
on January 2, 2014
Wow.
Much nice.
Many warmth.
So protection from snow.
Wow!
Such best mittens!

These mittens are great. If you've ever used normal mittens on your kids, you know that they usually fall off or snow gets between them and the coat sleeves. Not so with these; I have never seen them fall off or let snow touch my kids' arms, and they kept the kids' hands warm while sledding the other day at 10 degrees F.
on December 11, 2015
My 3 year old tore the Velcro within an hour of the gloves being delivered. She was just trying to put them on. Now there's a big hole in her glove where moisture can enter. For $23 I'm not impressed with the quality at all.
review image
on February 26, 2015
Best investment for 4 year old who loves playing snow. Hands stay warm and DRY! snow doesnt sneak up sleeve or downmitten. I plan on ordering early for next snow season and growth spurt. Can't tell u $$ wasted on trying other brands in chain stores. Didn't want high $$ for something 2b outgrown. This is a good buy.
on December 5, 2013
My daughter has 2 1/2 year-old triplets and I searched for a long time for mittens for them. Even though I ordered three pairs last year, we finally started using them this year. They are extremely difficult to put on - the size seems too small. The boys were preemies so it is not like they have large hands. One of the pairs has already split open in the seam which seems odd since they are not putting stress on this area. I also don't feel that they keep their hands warm enough. I am overall very disappointed and still looking for a mitten that will keep their hands warm and stay on.
on August 3, 2012
I bought SnowStopper mittens for our entire family last week. We are moving to Moscow, Russia from sunny Florida. I ordered a size medium for my daughter who is 5 years old. They fit great with room to grow. I purchased a large for my soon to be 8 yr old son. Very snug fitting with no room for growth. I placed a new order for an x large...still a bit snug but we will make do. I am excited for my mittens bc I have long fingers...the glove portion of the mittens actually fit! I am excited to give these mittens a test drive!

Gave four stars because of sizing....if you are not sure, order a size up!

With that being said the real reason for this review is I needed to return the size large I bought for my son. We leave for Moscow in one week! I have so much on my plate and this was just one more thing to add. I hopped onto Amazon to find the return shipping information. Low and behold I was eligible to return the mittens online, get a refund to my card and keep the mittens! I didn't have to leave my house! I was shocked...what a nice surprise during a strenuous time. Thank you Amazon! Now if only some of my other non Amazon returns would be so easy...
on February 23, 2014
We had our first big snow in 10 years this month and these could not have come at a better time. We have a 2 year old that loves to be outside and I just bought these on a whim that maybe we'd get lucky with a late winter snow...and we did! These worked awesome and kept our little ones hands toasty and still allowed for him to have some freedom to gather snow and play. And just like advertised, they worked perfectly at stopping the snow from entering his jacket cuffs. I liked these too because the thumb is not separated from the rest of the hand and adds needed warmth for a 2 year old that doesn't want to come inside! I could not be more pleased with this product and will continue to use as our children grow.
on December 30, 2014
I am actually really disappointed with these. We bought these for our kid's for Christmas. We live in the Northeast, so we get brutal, snowy winters. We have had gloves with sleeves before and loved them, but these are a bummer. I ordered the large, for both my 5 and 8 year old (their hands are pretty much the same size) and they could *barely* get their hands into them! They don't have massive bear claws for hands either. And, of course, they tore the tags off so I couldn't return them. I would totally not buy these, unless you go 2 sizes bigger than you would normally. :/
on December 18, 2012
I just took my two daughters out side to play in this 40 degree weather. One daughter had nice and warm hands (mittens from Lands End) and my youngest (18 months) had on snowstoppers. Her little fingers were little icicles. The gloves stayed on as advertised. No snow on the ground yet, so I can't talk to that. And the ground was dry, so I can't attest to how waterproof they are. All I know is that she will not be wearing these this winter to stay warm.
on January 19, 2013
What a disappointment! I bought these for my 3-year-old daughter to wear on our ski trip. They caught my attention, because of the unique long sleeves and the low price. While the sleeve kept snow from getting in from the opening, nothing about the glove kept the snow and moisture from seeping right through. By the middle of our first day out, my tot was complaining of cold, wet hands. We felt inside her gloves, and sure enough, both were soaked inside. We threw these away and bought her an expensive pair of gloves at the ski shop (which I would have preferred not to have to do), but I didn't want my kid's fingers to freeze. My advice is to pay a little more to get a quality pair of gloves if you're wanting something that will keep your kid's fingers dry and warm for more than 15 minutes.