Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 11, 2013
These are quite literally the best gloves and mittens on the market. I have checked high and low, internet and brick and mortar for a set of gloves that actually are waterproof and have a chance in hell at keeping snow out of the kids sleeves when playing in the snow. Look no further. These are what you want to buy. The sizing, however, is tricky. First off, note that despite using the same descriptors the mittens and gloves are sized completely different. From the manufacturers website. Here are the actual measurements for sizing the gloves:

- Xtra Small for ages 4-7, measure 6" fingertip to wrist, 3-1/2" wide
- Small for ages 6-10, measure 6-1/2" fingertip to wrist, 3-3/4" wide
- Medium for ages 8-12, measure 7" fingertip to wrist, 4" wide
- Large for ages 10-14, measure 7-1-2" fingertip to wrist, 4-1/2" wide
- Xtra Large for ages 12-16, measure 8" fingertip to wrist 4-3/4" wide

Pay no attention to the age ranges. Measure your kids hands and get the right size... The inches are from the finger tip to the adjustable velcro strap that should sit on your child's actual wrist, not the elastic that will go on their lower arm. We got a medium in these thinking they would work based on our experience with the mittens. Well, they fit my wife better than my 5 year old... Too bad I didn't look up the measurements first.
22 comments|200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 30, 2014
Bought these for my kids trip to Colorado over spring break. Wanted something that would keep the snow out of their gloves, as they are very active in the snow. These gloves were awesome...hands were kept dry as a bone. Make sure you measure per ordering instructions to ensure proper fit.
on April 21, 2014
Like the knit long sleeves, usually find loose material there but this holds much better to the arm. Wish they came in sizes for everyone! Don't wash, you'll never get the fingers back! Just hand wash.
on January 19, 2014
The medium fit my 10yo son perfectly. The XL fit my 15yo daughter perfectly. I was a little worried the "sleeve" part of the glove would be too long. But it's really not. It only stands 4-5" from the base of the glove. Perfect to protect the glove from snow. Both kids loved the gloves and say they are very warm.
on March 18, 2013
I'm a HUGE fan of the snowstoppers. They are awesome and I wouldn't buy anything else. However, I do think the gloves are tougher to get on than the mitten style.
on January 1, 2016
These are nice gloves. It is almost impossible to find gloves this long at any of the big box stores. These stay nice and warm, while keeping snow out of your sleeves. They do fit a bit on the large side. I bought the large for my 9 year old, the small for my 7 year old, and xsmall for my 3 year old. They are all a bit roomy, but not obnoxiously so. I think they will fit again next year as long as they hold up that long.
on April 29, 2015
The gloves are good quality and keep the snow out with the "sock like" extension that fits nicely around your child's wrists, up their arms and under their coat. Unfortunately, the gloves don't keep my child's hands warm. After 30 minutes around 30 degree F temperatures, my daughters fingers were very cold. She's tough in the cold weather, so I believe her when she says her hands are cold. She had to switch back to her old gloves.
on March 18, 2015
Great for kids...no more snow up the sleeves. I pulled the sizes from another ladies comments (or from the website). I went with the size that my kids hands were measuring for. I should have bought one size larger to give them a little room to grow. One design flaw is that they get wet inside...probably from sweaty hands because they are supposed to be waterproof. The sleeve is not removable so it is nearly impossible to keep them from smelling. After wearing, expect to need to stick them directly in the dryer.
on January 28, 2014
Great gloves, they keep my 8 year old's hands completely dry and very warm! He has worn them in extremely cold temperatures playing in the snow and his hands were actually warm to the touch when I took them off. A great purchase.
on February 13, 2016
I bought these for my nephew. After reading other reviews and sizing, I decided to get him a small. He's 6, and tall for his age. They fit him perfectly. The biggest selling point for me was the longer sleeves. Now he doesn't have to worry about getting cold snow down his arm. I remember that happening to me, and I hated it. They have kept water out thus far, but he's only had them for a little over a month.