Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on December 30, 2011
Claire Broussard has been widowed for a little more than a year and has taken her son Philippe and left France to live with her immediate family in Colorado. Then, her late husband's brother Raoul comes to the States, bringing her some distressing news and she returns to France with him, a journey that opens up some old wounds, forcing her to come to terms with feelings she thought she had left behind.

This book did not live up to my expectations, partly due to what I think is a really ridiculous title. The snowbound together plot is an oldie but a goodie and I actually decided to read the book in a large part based on that. In this book, however, there was never, and I repeat never, any suggestion of them being stuck together, snowbound or no. I cannot imagine why the book was called this. On top of that, the "her hero" part somehow implies that Raoul has done something heroic FOR HER, not just that he's a great guy in real life. Nope. He didn't. She never got stuck anywhere, never needed rescuing, never even needed good advice which he was able to provide. I would like to give Ms. Winters some benefit of the doubt and hope that she had another title selected for this book and was forced, on pain of death, to give it this one, because it honestly had nothing to do with the content.

As a whole, I felt the plot was lacking in the credibility department and wished that the romance element was more developed. I was happy that the romance was clean, because I like to read books like that, but although the characters are obviously in love throughout the entire book, they don't spend much time together getting more acquainted or dealing with the various issues that forced them apart. They seem to be living on "remembered" feelings and it was just really hard for me to also fall in love with Raoul and root for them to get together.

This author's back list is extensive and I intend to try a few more of hers; but with this book, I think a few changes would have helped the move the romance up several notches, while still keeping it very sweet and clean.
on November 24, 2013
This book was a good combination of fluff and a decent plot. The lovers don't get "snowbound" in the typical romance-novel way, but their story is no less endearing. Lots of good French cultural details.
on January 6, 2012
No playsboys, love triangles, or betrayals, three things I don't like to read about. This was a nice, quick read. It includes about a year long separation between the main characters but it isn't due to a misunderstanding and at the time they hadn't come to an understanding or agreement about their feelings. Raoul has always been there for Crystal and her son and they seemed like a family even before Crystal's husband/Raoul's brother, passed away. It was nice reading about the short moments Crystal and Raoul had together and how Crystal finally decides to be with him.
VINE VOICEon December 13, 2011
I'm a fan of Rebecca Winters because her stories are sweet and she doesn't have to use foul language or gratuitous sex to tell them. This one is no exception. One thing I noticed that I hadn't before is that there were several grammatical errors and other things that should have been corrected. They don't interfere with the story of course, but it was odd to see proofreading errors.
on December 16, 2012
This was just a heart warming Christmas story that I thoroughly enjoyed. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys clean romances.
on August 28, 2014
I love the story plot and the book I received was.in great condition. I love it and recommend others to buy it also.