Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 2, 2009
Nature's finest performance art abounds in these delicate photos of one-of-a-kind disappearing acts. Each one a treasure for contemplation; some so beautiful as to defy description (page 188 for instance). It is such a relief to NOT be bombarded with glitz and hard-sell so prevalent in everything our eyes come in contact with these days. Thank you to Mr. Libbrecht for his contribution to beauty for the libraries of time. As an additional exploration and compliment to this work, you should try any book by Masaru Emoto on snowflakes ("The Hidden Messages of Water" is fascinating); and check out Libbrecht's field guide to snowflakes as well. To see them momentarily appear on your mitten in winter, and then revisit their splendor captured in print is a gift. You don't need a TV or VCR or an expensive wide-screen--all you need is the book, a chair, some light, and a good cup of coffee--be with yourself for a few minutes and have a conversation with miracles.
on March 7, 2010
A neat book of actual pictures taken of snowcrystals. An even better one by the same artist is "The Art of the Snowflake", which is a larger book and has more written content.
on February 11, 2013
This book is a book of photos of snowflakes... for those who like the beauty of snowflakes... but there is no information in it about snowflakes or how they form, etc.
on December 12, 2014
This little 6.5" square book is thick and very well bound. The variety of snowflakes is astounding and beautiful. Most of the pages have a full-color picture of one large snowflake and you can see the detail really well. There are some pages of explanations and descriptions also. If you want to see the beauty in form of ice crystals, it is here in this sweet book. I gave my dad a copy last Christmas as he is an engineer and I knew he'd appreciate the intricacy of the crystal structures.
on February 15, 2014
I have this book in the guest bathroom, something to entertain when you do what you have to do! Everyone loves it, many great comments. A small, thick book to place anywhere actually, it is so convenient. A nice bedside book in a guest room as well. Beautiful photography. Highly recommend!
on November 4, 2012
I love this book. I first saw one of these in the student lounge at college, which is perfect because I was a chemistry major and this is right up that alley :) The book in my lounge was bigger than this one (was teh size of an actual textbook), but this one is like a 6x6 size, not that this is particularly bad, just different than I had imagined given what I'd seen already in the lounge. Great micro-photography images, some of them are a little hard on the eyes due to the addition of colored lights but I'd definitely reccommend it!
on January 20, 2014
I bought it for my wife for Christmas because snowflakes fascinate her. The binding was a bit unconventional, and actually tore slightly on the first day. We fixed it with some clear packing tape -- it wasn't worth the hassle to return it.
on April 19, 2014
This book is beautiful study of actual snowflakes. Each page is stand alone art! I like it as a teacher because it can show students the close up details of snowflakes and how they are so different but have some similarities. Highly recommend this work of art!
on January 30, 2014
This book I got for my mom for a 'snowflake' themed gift. She loves it. The photos are outstanding and the verses throughout very appropriate and lovely. The book is super heavy and perfect on her coffee table, where it now lives.
on January 12, 2014
I am snowflake addict and this is one the best books. I set it out every winter and we open it to a new page every day. I never get tired of looking at the amazing photos of God's incredible creation.