5.0 out of 5 stars What Fun!! - a review of "Snowmen at Christmas"
Ever wake up and find that your snow-person looks different than you left them? Maybe a little slumped to one side or missing a nose. Well, Caralyn and Mark Buehner are here to tell you what they have been up to.

Published on December 13, 2005 by PeaTee

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but no replacement for the Christmas classics
Snowmen at Christmas is a cute book. The illustrations are creative and colorful. I found the text, in rhyme, trite and sounding a bit too much in format like "The Night Before Christmas." My 6-year old was not interested and my 3-year old was mildly curious about the stroyline. I would have rather borrowed from the library.
Published on February 6, 2006 by S. G. Bigenho

5.0 out of 5 stars What Fun!! - a review of "Snowmen at Christmas", December 13, 2005
This review is from: Snowmen at Christmas (Hardcover)

In this book, they are celebrating the season! They are escaping with their friends and family to frolic in the town square. The rich drawings show us that the snow-kids are staring at the toys in the store windows, and at the twinkling lights; while the adults are decorating a tree, preparing treats for a party and so on.

Kris Kringle shows up and then,

"While the fiddler plays,

And sweet silver bells ring,

They sing songs about snow,

And the birth of a King.

Five Stars. Sweet fun with wonderful, warm pictures. A great read-aloud that my children certainly appreciate. A wonderful addition to the home library.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, November 22, 2005
collins "TC" (spfd, mo United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snowmen at Christmas (Hardcover)
We love this and Snowmen at night. we spend 30 minutes reading this book- just looking for the hidden T-Rex, santa face, cat, rabbit and mouse. very cute rhyme. My 3 yr. old is too busy looking for the hidden objects most of the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great, November 5, 2005
This review is from: Snowmen at Christmas (Hardcover)
My kids and I love this book.The pictures are adorable and the text is really fun! If you like snowmen at night, you will like this book as well! It's a great addition to anyone's holiday library. Be sure to check out the hidden pictures inside each illustration!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unwatched snowmen antics, December 10, 2005
C. Wagner "cecilkunkle" (On the banks of the Wabash far away) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snowmen at Christmas (Hardcover)
The Buehner snowmen inhabit a twilight zone some where that humans stay in after sunset and do not even peek out the window until sunrise, leaving our frozen friends free to pull their action-packed, gleeful shenanagans the whole night through before sliding back to their approximate original positions somewhat worse for the wear. A sequel to "Snowmen at Night," this title celebrates the yuletide festivities with deorations, a flying snow Santa and reindeer and even snow gifts. Both, with rhyming text and colorful action paintings said to be oil over acrylic, will be enjoyed by the picture book crowd. Yes, you can search out the hidden pictures on each page, if you wish... A good choice for personal, school, and public libraries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Winter Story, September 6, 2006
Iridescent Arcadia (Southwest, Louisiana) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snowmen at Christmas (Hardcover)
I am a children's book lover. I really enjoyed this book. The pictures are warm and friendly. The story is so creative & humorous. I really enjoy finding the hidden items on each page. It adds a whole new level to the book. My children seem to enjoy the story also. I would suggest everyone read this book and keep it with all the Christmas treasures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bedtime book for the Christmas season!, January 14, 2006
This review is from: Snowmen at Christmas (Hardcover)
We signed this book out from our local library and it has become a new Christmastime favorite. The story is simple and fun, and the illustrations are wonderful. The glowing colors of the night sky, Christmas lights twinkling on snow covered trees, the coaly grins of the snowmen are all just charming. Will have to check out the authors' previous book as well-

5.0 out of 5 stars One of our favorites!, November 28, 2011
This review is from: Snowmen at Christmas (Hardcover)
It is quite similar to Snowmen at Night-but my kids don't care! They love it! Especially because it relates to Christmas in the story. The artwork is AMAZING and so fun with hidden pictures in each page.

4.0 out of 5 stars Snowmen at Night, January 8, 2011
This review is from: Snowmen at Christmas (Paperback)
I am a special education teacher.
My students loved this story, you could see the wonder in their eyes!
Great, colorful illustrations!

4.0 out of 5 stars very cute book, November 27, 2010
This review is from: Snowmen at Christmas (Board book)
I bought this for my son, but, having read it just now, I'm going to read it aloud at Christmas with our whole family. Snowmen, we wonder, must some how celebrate Christmas. After we're asleep, they assemble in the town square for a night of festivities, sharing with the snow Santa, and returning to their homes. I liked the story, word choices (although once in a while wanted a stanza to rhyme). The drawings were well done, a bit misty as it was night time, that reinforced themagical element of the story, the coming to life of humanity to celebrate the birth of The King. 28 pages was more than many board books, but, given that it is also available in other formats, it is a nice extra! I enjoyed it and I found it uplifting. I recommend this for families, church libraries, school and public libraries. It provides ideas for a family to spend quality time together, building a snowman, (I'm also partial to snowdogs), make snow ice cream, color / draw / paint and talk together. I give everything a "grade" and I give this book an "A-"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! My daughter Loves it!, March 3, 2010
This review is from: Snowmen at Christmas (Hardcover)
Just a very charming book that my 23 month old daughter wants me to read over and over. It also has hidden graphics on each page that are fun to search for!

Snowmen at Christmas
Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner (Hardcover - September 15, 2005)
$16.99 $13.06