9,506 Reviews
 (6,670)
 (1,771)

4.0 out of 5 stars A couple of things you should know
I downgraded this case one star for three reasons:

You have to be very careful when propping the iPad in the viewing position. If the cover is not inserted into the rear flap exactly evenly, the case is not stable, and you risk the iPad falling forward.

The case adds considerable weight to the device, so be aware of that.

It's a nice,...
Published on March 26, 2012 by BarbZ

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
The Snugg iPad2 case is as described.

Published on April 8, 2011 by P. LLC

4.0 out of 5 stars A couple of things you should know, March 26, 2012
This review is from: Snugg iPad 4 & iPad 3 Leather Case in Black - Flip Stand Cover with Elastic Hand Strap and Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior - Automatically Wakes and Puts the Apple iPad 4 & 3 to Sleep (Personal Computers)
I downgraded this case one star for three reasons:

The case adds considerable weight to the device, so be aware of that.

It's a nice, protective case and well designed. For the most part, it looks classy. Then, on the inside, they inserted a cut out with a tan and brown ad for the company.... It's far from subtle, doesn't match the color scheme of the case, looks like a business card stuck in the case, and, in my opinion cheapens the case. This may be perceived as a nit, but to me it's very objectionable. I'm providing detail, since I tried to figure out what this was on the photos, and couldn't decide what it was. I'm going to see if I can cover it somehow. I'm also concerned about how this cut out part will wear. It's difficult to know what the insert is made of.

Aside from these cautions, it's a nice case.

Enjoy!

**** UPDATE April 3: ****

My new iPad flew out of my hands and hit the floor near a fireplace (landed on flagstone). It, luckily, was in the Snugg case, and landed screen side up, but it was open with the flap tucked back. I wasn't a fan of cases which were "closed" on all sides, but had it been in a case with the corner attachments, I don't think the iPad would have survived. It's fine after the fall! FYI. I thought this was a tale worth sharing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase, December 29, 2012
This is a very nice case. I got it for my iPad4 which it fits just perfectly. the holes for the front and rear camera are where they are supposed to be and as the name says, the iPad fits Snuggly into the case. It is a handsome looking case. With a magnetic closure that really does work...we'll see how that holds up over time. All in all, I am very happy with the purchase, this is much nicer than the ones at the Apple Store.

922 of 1,027 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy new iPad fits great, March 17, 2012
I ordered this direct from snugg. I won't repeat all of the positives that are listed under the reviews for the iPad 2 version of this case, you can read those for yourself. The new iPad fits perfectly in this case and the addition of a loop for your stylus is a really nice addition. There was some controversy in the iPad 2 case reviews of whether or not this is true leather. They refer to at as "pu leather" which basically means that it is vinyl that looks like leather. If you weren't told that fact you wouldn't know the difference. neither would anybody who saw your iPad in this case (there are some cases the look like vinyl - this wouldn't be one of those). Unless you want to pay upwards of $100 for a case you won't get quality rawhide leather. The magnets turn the new iPad on and off appropriately and it doesn't accidentally turn it off when you fold the fron cover behind the tablet to sit it in your lap.

I was a bit skeptical since the iPad wasn't released when they started manufacturing these but it fits well. The holes line up with what they are supposed to and the tablet fits snugly and securely in the case (but not so snug that you have to force it). It is a little on the heavy side. If lightweight is your biggest concern you would be better off with a smartcover. All in all for a little under $30 this is a case that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just get it, February 2, 2012
If you're reading reviews (like everyone else probably did who took the time to write a review), then you like to do your research. From one researcher to another, stop debating, comparing and obsessing over the small details. The case is high quality. The weight is fine. The fit is fine. It is very professional looking. I was getting all caught up comparing it to other brandstoo. Bottom line, it didnt get high stars for nothing. Stop searching. If you like the way it looks, trust these reviews, save your energy and buy it. You won't be disappointed on the product itself...and if you are, nothing probably would please you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now When I Travel I Can Rest Assured That My iPad Will Be Protected, May 11, 2013
There are so many good things I had to say about The Snugg iPad 4 Case Cover and Flip Stand that I wrote a blog post on it. If you would like to read my full post google My Journey With Candida and in the search box at the top left type in.. The Snugg iPad 4 Case Cover With A Flip Stand Review.

So, let me tell you a few things about the Snugg iPad 4 Case cover that I love!!
Love, love the color red, not only is it red, but it protects my iPad on all sides. I feel sure that if I would drop it, my iPad would survive.

The cover fits my iPad perfectly, all the buttons you want exposed on your iPad are exposed. You won't have to feel around trying to find the on off switch because the case like I said.... fits perfectly.

It has a little loop that holds a stylus pen

The case is high quality with stitching around it that sets it off just so perfectly.

One important thing is you get a quality product at a super price. You won't be sorry if you order this cover for your iPad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Features, February 15, 2013
Not only does it make our iPad sleep when you close the cover, it wakes it up when open the cover. It also allows to holding the iPad in various positions while in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Cover/Case for the iPad 2, March 24, 2011
Beautifully crafted top quality leather case which fits the functionality of the iPad 2 perfectly. Everything is fully accessible and the iPad is completely protected. This is the top-of-the-line iPad 2 case for business use or the busy student. The iPad 2 is fully functional in every case position and there are no problems with operation in any case position. To me, the Amazon product description is quite modest as this product has more going for it as it is designed perfectly, I'll just add that I was amazed and happy to see it is exactly what I wanted: An exceptionally crafted leather case for the iPad 2 that doesn't get in the way of the great iPad 2 features. I easily give full five stars to this excellent product. It also puts the Apple magnetic cover to shame. (PS: If your cover turns off the iPad as the video indicates, just go to settings and turn off the auto-on/off feature.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, April 8, 2011
The Snugg iPad2 case is as described.

When I first got it I noted how much nicer it was in person then in the photos. The materials used felt nice to the touch and the look (with the white stitching) was actually more handsome then I thought it would be. It does add significant bulk to the iPad2, HOWEVER it is still lighter then an original iPad and it does protect the device very well. After 2 days of the iPad2 in the case, I no longer notice the extra bulk.

The fact that the case uses magnets to secure the cover is nice because it also puts the iPad2 to sleep when the cover is closed (just like the apple Smart Cover).
is no technical issue with the case, I highly recommend it to anyone with an iPad2..

1.0 out of 5 stars Why you don't want to buy this case!, April 22, 2013
First of all biggest flaw of all, this case covers the speakers!!!!! How thoughtless is that? Second, it has only one position: landscape and at only one angle which completely ruins the iPad experience.

On the couch you can only hold the iPad for so long, without the multi angled positions you get tired and uncomfortable.

The elastic strap although can be useful in certain situations, the reality is you won't use it and it's only for holding it vertically which is really awkward. The leather is not real, the borders are too thick and at times make it hard to point to corners with your fingers.

The holder for the pen is nice; last I am returning it, not satisfied at all. Do not recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great iPad 2 case -- especially for the price., May 22, 2011
This is a very nice case for the iPad 2. It's not that easy to find good iPad 2 cases (although it is getting easier as more are coming out). I, too, researched a lot before I decided on this one. And the reviews on Amazon really helped me make up my mind, so I wanted to add my voice to the reviews to help others. To sum up what I will explain in more detail below, this case is nice looking, well made and versatile. It is a cover that you can use for business or pleasure and that can serve many different purposes. It fits the iPad 2 perfectly and provides needed protection for it. There are a few minor things I might change about it in a perfect world, but it is such a great value for all that it does, those are not worth removing a star from this five-star (in my opinion) product. I've seen my friends iPad cases (some of which are very pricey), and I think this is as nice as all of them and nicer than almost all of them.

They have obviously fixed the magnet issue (where your iPad is turned off when the cover is flipped to the back). It does not, however, now magnetically secure the case when it's flipped back now -- only when it is closed. I wish it did magnetically secure when the cover is flipped back, but they probably had to disable that feature to prevent it from placing the iPad 2 in sleep mode like earlier reviewers warned about. It definitely does not have that problem now, as I've opened it and put the cover back various ways, and it never went into sleep mode. It works like the iPad 2 cover when it is closed -- placing the device in sleep mode. I didn't want Apple's iPad 2 cover because it didn't seem that great to me as it only protected the front and didn't have a handle. It just seemed overpriced for what it did. I think the fact it put the iPad 2 in and out of sleep mode was appealing to a lot of people. But the Snugg does that, too, and it offers a LOT better protection and is a better value.

This also serves as a fabulous stand for when you want to watch Netflix or other show apps on it. At first I thought my cover had a crease in it, but then I realized that line was so it can bend (like a triangle) to serve as a flip stand. It has a little leather tab on the back cover, and the cover edge securely fits in the tab so it makes a very secure and good looking stand. Very nice. It also is nice to use to elevate your iPad 2 when you are typing on the screen. Instead of standing it on the narrow bottom so it is sitting up like TV, you place it so that the tab and back cover are on the bottom. That elevates the screen a little for typing. It would also serve as a great stand (sitting up tall or just elevated) if you use Apple's wireless keyboard. I got the Logitech keyboard for work use, so I don't normally use my Snugg at the office (as the Logitech and the Snugg don't work together). I tend to use this at home to protect my Snugg when I'm using it to read books or to surf the web. But I could use it at the office, too, as it is very professional looking.

It also has a handle on inside cover, so when you fold the cover back, you can place your hand through the elastic handle on the back to hold it securely. This is another nice feature not every cover has. It's a little awkward to hold because (1) it no longer has the magnetic back clasp to secure it tightly when it is open and (2) it can move a little when you are holding it because for it to fit like a book cover, it has a narrow binder that can move a little as you hold it. But it remains secure while you grasp it with the handle and a lot of cases don't have that handle, so I like that feature even though I am still figuring out which is the best way for me to hold it. The elastic band that another reviewer mentions another cover having would be a nice addition to this as it does shift when you are holding it with the handle. I think when they first made this, the fact the magnets worked both ways secured it. But since that no longer is the case since that was putting the device in sleep mode, an elastic band would be nice. It's hard for me to envision how they would do this and keep it as aesthetically pleasing as it is, however, so that is not a reason for me to remove a star.

This is a good looking case. I like that it is made of leather. It's black leather with white stitching and is professional looking (as noted above) and not flashy. I'm not a big fan of flashy. I love that it serves as a smart cover, as stated above, putting your iPad 2 in sleep mode and waking it up as you close and open it. I would prefer for the cover not to be embossed with the "Snugg" logo. It would be nicer without that in my opinion. For the price, this is a fabulous value and a nicely made case. I'm glad I got it, and I recommend it to others.

Rate and Discover Movies