5.0 out of 5 stars An appetizer on the Boynton buffet
Published on October 17, 2003 by Melissa VanArsdel

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but too wordy
I love Sandra Boynton but this isn't my favorite. It is a cute story and very sweet, but it is wordy and repetetive and my daughter usually gets bored before we are through. I would recommend getting one of the author's other books.
Published on May 26, 2007 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars An appetizer on the Boynton buffet, October 17, 2003
This review is from: Snuggle Puppy (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
This, like all the Boynton books I've seen, is a beautiful little package -- a sweet song and adorable pictures, sure to result in much snuggling and special moments. It is great for little kids, especially (in fact this song has become a bedtime standard for us). However, if you and your kids like this book, be sure to check out Sandra Boynton's full "Philadelphia Chickens" collection -- a Broadway-show type "review" of many fantastic and catchy toons, with great illustrations and a CD (featuring Patti LuPone, Meryl Streep, The Bacon Brothers, etc.). My kids (3 & 8) have loads of fun singing the songs, dancing around like aardvarks in a chorus line, acting snoozy and then rock and rolling. My 8 year old daughter loves "Broadway" type of music, but much of it is pretty grown-up in content, so this is just the ticket. The songs are funny and appeal to both kids and adults. Sorry, I'm not saying more specifically about Snuggle Puppy, but the whole collection is a treasure for kids as they get older.

5.0 out of 5 stars OOOOoooooh! Everything about it is especially fine, March 17, 2005
A. Neilll (Goochland, VA USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Snuggle Puppy (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
Guaranteed to make my 2 year old son giggle and smile every time I read it. One of his favorites for the past several months since he first picked it off the shelf for us to read it to him. now he brings it to us often.

Get it for your little snuggle puppy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have!, August 29, 2003
This review is from: Snuggle Puppy (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
Our whole family adores this book. It's infectious; for one little book it packs a whallop. The book is a love song, and we sing it as a bluegrass song. One reading keeps us smiling for a whole day. Until I find a new favorite, this is the book I will buy (along with Blue Hat, Green Hat) for all of the new babies I know. Everything about it is especially fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oooooooooh! One of our favorite books!, July 16, 2004
This review is from: Snuggle Puppy (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
I bought this book when my daughter was not yet born. I started to read to her when she was three months old. I sit her on my lap and let her rest against my body while I hold the book infront of her to read.
She is now 5 1/2 months old and this is one of her favorite books. She gets very excited when I pick this one off the shelf. While I read it she grabs for the book and her legs kick and kick while she smiles.
The book is a really sweet story about a mommy dog and her "snuggle puppy". While making cookies she sings him a song about loving him for who he is and what he does. Its short and very very sweet.
The book is based on a song but I dont know the song and I dont think it matters. The words are so important to giving your child good self confidence. I think when they are old enough to understand what you are saying it will be even better for them.
This is a cute book and it doesnt get old. I love to "sing" my daughter the snuggle puppy song where ever we might be and she loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Super-Cute Ditty!, August 4, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Snuggle Puppy (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
This is one of my 17-month-old daughter's favourites. It is short but sweet, and the rhythm and words are so catchy they get "stuck" in my head for hours at a time after I've read it to her!
It lets the reader become as animated as they wish when reading. You can just read it normally if you want, but it's more fun to do it up: "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO snuggle puppy of MINE!!!!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Dads, Moms, Boys & Girls, May 26, 2007
This review is from: Snuggle Puppy (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
This little book is wonderful! It's one of the few my baby girl will sit through. One nice touch is that there aren't any gender cues for the parent dog or little puppy. It could be a Mommy and her little boy baking the cookies just as easily as a Daddy and his little girl. Very cute! I haven't been disappointed with a Boynton book yet!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute book AND song - grumpy dad must not have known., July 15, 2006
This review is from: Snuggle Puppy (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
This is a cute book, but a cute song as well. It might be hard to sing it if you haven't heard the melody, but you can look at the Philadelphia Chickens CD online and hear enough to get the idea. It might be more fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite of my own snuggle puppy, April 15, 2005
This review is from: Snuggle Puppy (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
Ms. Boynton's books are a huge hit in our home. Snuggle Puppy was given as a gift to my now almost three year old for Valentine's day and it quickly became her favorite...we read it each night and she gets so excited to hear the cadence in the book, she moves in rhythm to the words as I sing song the story. I even found her asleep snuggling the book under her arm one night. I will be sad when this is no longer part of our bed time story time.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lovely Book, April 18, 2008
This review is from: Snuggle Puppy (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
This is easily a favorite in our house. we first started reading this to our daughter when she was 9 months old. Since then, she has grown to love it more everyday. She's now 18 months old, and never tires of it. She generally likes all the Boynton books, but this one, she loves.

Here's the gist of the story: a mommy dog is baking cookies with her puppy, and tells him/her a story about how much she loves him. The illustrations are classic Boynton: cute and fun. The rhymes are great. This one isn't as silly as some of her other books, but the sweetness of it makes up for it.

I highly suggest getting the CD that contains the song of "Snuggle Puppy." (I think it's on Philadelphia Chickens...) Once you've learned how the tune goes, you'll love the book even more. And what's even better, is that once you learn the song, you can sing it anywhere. This does wonders for my daughter when she is being uncooperative or grumpy. Whenever I sing her the song, she always smiles, and usually becomes more agreeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very sweet book, August 10, 2006
This review is from: Snuggle Puppy (Boynton on Board) (Board book)
This was given to us as a gift & we are so thankful for being introduced to Sandra Boynton's books. What's really great about this particular book is that you can sing it! At first I made up a tune, but then I discovered on Sandra Boynton's website that she has several CD's with musical recordings of some of her books and more. Many of the recordings are done by celebrities. Snuggle Puppy is sung by Eric Stolz. My husband figured out the guitar chords, and now we sing it to my 4 month old. She loves it!!!!

Snuggle Puppy (Boynton on Board)
Snuggle Puppy (Boynton on Board) by Sandra Boynton (Board book - May 22, 2003)
$6.95 $6.25