5.0 out of 5 stars TRULY A LIFE SAVER!!
I always purchase items from Amazon..so much that I'm even a Prime member...yet I have never written a product review for any of my purchases regardless of how much I liked/hated the product. But in this case, and in hopes of my review possibly helping someone purchase this for their infant, I have decided to write my first review.

At first I thought this...
Published on November 20, 2011 by Kailasmom

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad I used it, even with its flaws
Having this on my newborn definitely added a layer of comfort. I'm a first-time mom and I was paranoid as hell that the little guy would stop breathing in the night. I wanted an Angel instead -- the kind you place under the mattress -- but in the early months, my son was sleeping in a napper/Pak N Play in my bedroom rather than in his crib, so I went with the Snuza...
Published 1 month ago by Algernon

5.0 out of 5 stars TRULY A LIFE SAVER!!, November 20, 2011
This review is from: Snuza Hero Baby Movement Monitor (Baby Product)

At first I thought this product was pricey but after comparing it to all other breathing monitors, I found this to be the best choice and most reliable of them all. I was skeptical after reading some of the reviews on here and about the batery life but decided to purchase it anyways for my first born who always had nasal problems since birth. Having used it nightly for the past 3 months now, I never received a false alarm, dead battery, or sound/vibration errors.

Tonight, my four month old daughter (who sleeps in her own room since she snores loudly yet is a very light sleeper) fell into a deep sleep and stopped breathing. The monitor tried to vibrate her after 15 seconds and because she did not respond to that, it started to beep loudly. At first my husband and I thought it was our phone alarm going off but then realized it was the monitor. We rushed to her and yelled her name yet she lied still. I picked her up and shook her a bit while we both yelled at her and made loud clapping noises to which she finally responded and woke up. If it wasn't for this product, I honestly wouldn't know what to do with myself. Please don't let the price deter you from buying this...I would pay 3 times the price for what it did for us tonight. Also it's hard to get false alarms since it's easy to put on and heck even if you do get a false alarm, I'd rather have that then something worse happen!! I hope my review has helped. I never upsell anything until tonight

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Buy for New Mom!, December 1, 2009
This review is from: Snuza Hero Baby Movement Monitor (Baby Product)
As a new (neurotic) mom, I was terrified of SIDS. I found this product and purchased it to help soothe my fears. This has finally allowed me consistent night's peace. The first 3 weeks we had my daughter home I could not sleep. Every time I did not hear her breathe over the monitor I was sure something happened. Now I can sleep as long as my Bella has her baby beeper on!
Okay... how it works is simple... The Snuza fits snugly on her diaper and will vibrate if she stops breathing for any time. This usually causes her to take in a breath and "remind" her to breathe. I know when this happens, because the Snuza has a yellow warning button in the morning (as opposed to green).
My daughter is now 4.5 months old. It has vibrated her several times and alarmed 3 times. Each alarm was absolutely terrifying. My daughter was not breathing, however within seconds we were there to pick her up and wake her up! I don't know and don't want to know what would happen if we did not have the Snuza.
This item is a must for every new parent. I wish more people knew about it! Very highly recommended.
Another thing is that it is reusable for another child later. Just send it back to Snuza and they will replace it completely for a small ($20) fee. Totally worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars best money I've ever spent, March 21, 2013
This review is from: Snuza Hero Baby Movement Monitor (Baby Product)
Let me first say, I have never written a produce review before, but after my experience with the great little device, I just had to throw in my two sense. When I was pregnant, my college roommate's niece died of SIDS. Living in our modern world, I watched with horror as the story unfolded on facebook. Needless to say, I was terrified of also becoming a statistic. My fears were eased significantly when I found out about this monitor.

Onto the review, we have been using the monitor since Ella was a few days old. There have been some nights when the monitor has slipped off her diaper and gone off. Sure these nights are annoying, but it also reassured me to know that the monitor would beep if it didnt detect movement. Last night, her monitor went off and I assumed it had just slipped off. When I made my way to her room, I found her on her belly, face down, not breathing. I quickly flipped her over and she started to breath again just fine. While it is completely possible that Ella would have figured things out on her own pretty quickly, I am so glad we didnt have to take that chance. Today could be the worst day of my life, instead it is another day to snuggle and laugh with my sweet daughter. I completely credit this monitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a relief., October 28, 2012
This review is from: Snuza Hero Baby Movement Monitor (Baby Product)
My husband and I are so grateful for this product. Our daughter has a breathing condition that doctors SAY could not result in her stopping breathing but, to be safe and feel better we purchased the Snuza Halo (now Hero). Its incredible and gives us such peace of mind. Tiny, easy, sensitive but no false alarms. LOVE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind at night, August 8, 2012
This review is from: Snuza Hero Baby Movement Monitor (Baby Product)
Yes, we are first time parents as I'm sure many of Snuza's customers are. Fear is a primary selling point, and stories of SIDS scared us into researching products like the Snuza. I think it's a nominal cost for the peace of mind and potential safety of our baby. He has been sleeping with it every night for a couple months and the alarm has only sounded twice. Both times were because we didn't secure it tight enough to his diaper and it slipped down to the side. So I guess we know it works!

UPDATE: 11/30/2012

We have used this Snuza every night for almost 5 months now and it has worked very well. The alarm goes off occasionally (maybe 1-2 times per month) but it has always been because we either didn't secure it enough or the little guy was shifting a lot during the night. This past week it went off a few times even though it was clipped securely and he was breathing normally (well until he was disturbed and then he was very upset with us). We think it might be a weak battery so we are looking for a replacement battery. I'm disappointed if that is the case but I guess 5 months of use every night is pretty good.

VOTE: If you find this review helpful, please vote yes! I like to review and your votes help me know how I'm doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 29, 2011
This review is from: Snuza Hero Baby Movement Monitor (Baby Product)
After having lost a child to SIDS, this monitor was a must have. Our daughter is almost 6 months and we have only have 2 false alarms. Both times the monitor was not snug on her diaper. The monitor is very easy to use. It does not seem uncomfortable for the baby. When we first got home with the new baby, we were not sure how much sleep we would get since we had lost a child to SIDS, but once we started using the monitor, we were both able to get sleep a little better. We tested it to see how it worked before placing it on the baby. The vibration is a strong vibration to wake up the baby and the alarm is very loud. One of the times it went off as a false alarm I was asleep on the other end of the house and the alarm woke me up and everything turned out to be fine. Definitely would recommend this monitor to others and have actually recommended it to several friends that are expecting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Baby Movement Monitor on the Market, April 8, 2014
This review is from: Snuza Hero Baby Movement Monitor (Baby Product)
We had the Angelcare monitor for our son and it was so finicky and unpredictable, I couldn't sleep. Yes, we were first time parents and I was a worry wart. It would go off when nothing was wrong, I was scared it wouldn't go off if something DID go wrong. So while doing research on the Angelcare, I came across many positive reviews for the Snuza. Needless to say I couldn't order it fast enough. We actually bought two and are now loaning one our to friends who have a new baby. We'll keep the second one for our second boy due in a couple of months. It can be used ANYWHERE except car seat/stroller, but we bed share and NO other monitor can boast the absolute flexibility of the Snuza. Would buy 100 times over and would recommend for ANY parent. Let's face it, we all worry. The Snuza takes a LOT of the worry away. We need our sleep moms and dads. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my son's life, March 14, 2012
student (DC - metro area) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Snuza Hero Baby Movement Monitor (Baby Product)
I had the exact same experience as Kailasmom with my 4 month old last night. The Snuza alarm woke me out of a deep sleep and I ran to my son's crib (it is in our bedroom with us). My son was gray and cool when I found him. Scariest 5 minutes of my life. Everyone made fun of me for getting the Snuza and said that it wasn't necessary and was "overkill" but I cannot imagine what would have happened without it. It absolutely saved my son's life, and if I had any way of knowing that in advance, I would have paid any amount of money humanly possible for it.

I was also incredibly skeptical of all of the reviews about people finding their children and how the Snuza saved their children's lives. I thought that they were all Snuza employees or paid by Snuza to write those reviews. I am a true believer now. What happened to us last night was completely surreal.

Recommendations to Snuza for improvements: the alarm should be louder and it could use a handheld device for parents so parents can walk away from the baby and still be able to monitor movements via the handheld.

But seriously ... thank you Snuza. Cannot say that enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace of mind!, February 20, 2014
This review is from: Snuza Hero Baby Movement Monitor (Baby Product)
We had our daughter 10 weeks early and spent 2 months in the NICU. She came home on an apnea monitor. We were concerned that when the doctor said we could get rid of the monitor, even though she didn't have any episodes, that we wouldn't sleep at all and would be watching her the whole night. This little device is great and it helps to give is peace of mind at night knowing if she does stop breathing, it will alarm! No alarms yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Snuza = Sleep / Peace of mind for mom & dad, March 30, 2014
This review is from: Snuza Hero Baby Movement Monitor (Baby Product)
Must buy!!!! This is my FAVORITE baby item. It is east to use and delivers piece of mind. Our daughter had trouble breathing right away, so I had this shipped over night so I had it before we left the hospital. The peace of mind it provides is worth every penny!

Snuza Hero Baby Movement Monitor