Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 31, 2011 12:45:45 PM PST
I heard this is a free update via PSN to those that possess Continuum Shift already.
Is it true?

Or Aksys is pulling a Crapcom?

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 5:36:08 PM PST
Tiny says:
This is exactly what I thought when I read the description. I hope they don't follow Capcoms tracks.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 12:11:58 AM PST
Well hate to tell you but they are following in the steps of "Crapcom" as you put it. The only free update was BlazBlue Continuum Shift II with all the patches.

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 9:08:20 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 11, 2012 9:41:47 AM PST]

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 8:47:06 PM PST
EpicLoots says:
Actually they didnt technically follow capcom as much as I hate capcom and their money milking ways. The original series Guilty Gear (GG later became BB, sorta) also by aksys had sooooo many versions in such a short period of time it was almost rediculous. I admite I rather not have to pay over and over for little things but EXTEND at least is more worth it over SF/UMVC3... we new balance changes, new modes, new story for dlc characters and a brand new character (thats 4 new characters that cost like 8$~ each for original version). Plus including all the previous DLC on the disk is a nice bonus (one which I was expecting from UMvC3 but whatever, that's Capcom so what did I expect?). Now I just wish they could up the scale of the game to 1080p and not 720 /sigh.

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 6:04:42 PM PST
Jose Vargas says:
I own BlazBlue CT and CS... I not going to buy the same game again...

Posted on Jan 11, 2012 6:14:57 PM PST
Chase S. says:
So, I bought Calamity Trigger a while back when it first came out. While, to my surprise, I dug it a lot, I haven't paid a single bit of attention to the re-releases and such.

So, how much has changed with Continuum Shift Extend? What's been added, in terms of characters, features, etc.? Anything been removed?

Because honestly, if this is a big enough update from Calamity Trigger, $40 might not be a big deal to me. Because like I said, I really liked the first BlazBlue.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2012 12:11:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2012 12:15:53 PM PST
Removed

The easy mode was changed in some ways.

Change

Nu-13 has been replaced by Lambda-11 similar but not quite the same.
Unlimited forms must now either be purchased or you have to beat Score Attack with said character. It's become a much bigger hassle to do at least to me it was.

Additions with CS/Extend character wise

1. Trinity the Platinum
2. Valkenhayn R. Hellsing [Rachels butler]
3. Tsubaki Yayoi
4. Hazama
5. Relius Clover
6. Mu 12

Not really sure about much else other than a continuation of the story mode, balance, changes, and other things of that nature.

This should help more http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue:_Continuum_Shift

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2012 9:44:38 AM PST
Lucian says:
you forgott Makoto^^

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2012 9:25:29 PM PST
Chase S. says:
So by continuation, you mean they're going to start from the end of Continuum Shift?

I had assumed it just meant that they'd have the original story from Calamity Trigger/CS, and just add more to it...

I was actually kind of interested in the plot, but I don't really want to have to check out Continuum Shift to stay up to date. I guess I'll have to read the wiki or something, huh?

Posted on Feb 1, 2012 12:25:59 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 1, 2012 12:56:46 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 2, 2012 11:30:34 AM PST
You really can't give them too much blame for making this standalone; SSFIV Arcade this isn't, not by a long shot. SSFIV Arcade was a *step down* from Super, adding almost nothing and actually making the balance worse. Granted, you could upgrade Super (not the original) for $15, but it wasn't even worth it for what you got, which was a worse version of Super. At least Aksys tends to release actual balance patches and half-decent new content. Besides, CSII doesn't really count, being a portable-only title. For what you get, I think EXTEND is robust enough to be its own release. Yeah, it's not a full-fledged sequel like CS was and it's the same price, but in comparison to the obscene SSFIV "upgrades", it's definitely a few steps up. I can forgive it this time. Besides, it's not like I can't sell CS for a few bucks.

Posted on Feb 10, 2012 6:20:16 PM PST
S. Rhodes says:
When I picked up Calamity Trigger it wasn't actually that much. And by the time I got to Continuum Shift the game had already dropped down to twenty bucks... and that was brand new. I paid less for both games than I would one new game. And Continuum Shift actually did offer slightly more than I expected. As the story was completely and totally different and it offered new game modes. It didn't change the core of the game, though, and the levels and music were still the same, but the story is totally different, there are a couple of new fighters and they added a couple of gameplay modes. Worth forty bucks? No, not exactly, but paying twenty? Sure why not.

My thing about EXTEND is that I don't know what it offers beyond what I've already got in the original Continuum shift. But I didn't pay much for Continuum Shift so I imagine I'll do the same here. Wait until the price drops to around 17-20 bucks and then look into it. If you feel you must have it, that is.

Posted on Feb 11, 2012 6:48:31 AM PST
Thanks for all your inputs and opinions.
I think I'll pass on this one...
Fighting games are just not worth it anymore...to much hassle and BS to put up with.
At least Namco Bandai for example, waits 2 or 3 years to release a sequel...and even like that it doesn't seem to worth the upgrade most of the time.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Dec 31, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND - standard edition - Playstation 3
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND - standard edition - Playstation 3 by Aksys (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (24)