5.0 out of 5 stars just awesome
Published on April 24, 2010 by S. Decker

3.0 out of 5 stars Not my taste.
This is a nice amatuer album for him. If you like this slow smooth music then I would say it's for you. I will say however it is nothing like the way he performed things on American Idol. So don't rush to buy based soley on that. I for one hope (now that he won) that he continues to make music like the beautiful people cover he did. Take this slower music speed it up just...
Published on May 27, 2010 by Mark K

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars just awesome, April 24, 2010
This review is from: So I'm Told (Audio CD)
I got this album a couple weeks ago, and I'm telling you, it's awesome. I'm usually all for epic-sounding music, which usually means louder rough choruses and such. Lately I've noticed that soothing and gentle music can be just as epic. This is a perfect example of that. One of my personal favorites is "The Problem Is You", and although the girl singing with him is a little bit in the way (lol), the song itself is the perfect song to just be in total relaxation with. It's got the gentle melodic guitar playing, and the harmonica adds a nice touch. At first I thought the harmonica was a little much, and thought it was edging on hillbilly country, but I've since changed my mind and realized its awesomeness.haha The other songs on the album are just as great, and the album cover is simple yet mysterious...perfect for the man himself. Thank you Lee for making an amazing record, and I'd like to wish you luck on AI. I hope you go all the way and become the star you deserve to be. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautifully Addicting Voice, June 5, 2010
This review is from: So I'm Told (Audio CD)
I came looking for the rasp voiced rocker from AI and although I didn't find that aspect of Lee DeWyze here what I did find was a beautifully addicting voice and a genuinely talented songwriter. This is not generally my genre of music but I love this album and Slumberland both.

One thing I find so unique is that more than half of the song Titles found on So I'm Told do not appear in the lyrics of the song at all. But in the end you know exactly why the songs were given their titles, just by the words of the song. A perfect example is Predicament or So I'm Told. I will admit it took me awhile to figure out the why of the title "Red Rover" which is one of my favorite tracks.

I love Lee's way with words in so many of his lyrics, from another favorite, Dreaming Alone ... "If it's me in your dreams, lets sleep the day away" or "the fights and the love aftermath". Is it the words or just the way he sings them, I don't know but the total package works for me in a big way.

Seeing him sing several of the songs from both his pre-Idol albums live via YouTube videos it's amazing to see how he changes up his songs every time he sings them.

5.0 out of 5 stars LEE DE WYZE - SENSITIVE LYRICS / GREAT HUSKY VOICE, June 10, 2010
Judith T. Gash (Hammond, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: So I'm Told (Audio CD)
It was so nice to listen to Lee's own words and music and to hear his great gravely voice up close and personal. I am even more impressed with him now. He was my choice all along as the American Idol, and his albums just reinforce it. I can see a lot of these songs being re-recorded for his new upcoming album. Lee just has that Bruce Springsteen appeal to him, plus he feels a little more accessible. Great job, Lee!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, June 10, 2010
This review is from: So I'm Told (Audio CD)
Like many others, I came looking for the Lee DeWyze rocker on AI, and was surprised by the type of music he sang/wrote on this album.
I listened to a few songs on YouTube and really enjoyed Predicament, and Love & Misery, but the standouts for me are Imagination and Dreaming Alone. His lyrics and topics are somewhat deep and thought provoking. For a young man, (just twenty at the time), he's discovering who he is musically, and he's only going to get better, as his more recent release, "Slumberland" proves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff here, May 20, 2010
LJ "sykora02" (Pittsburgh, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: So I'm Told (Audio CD)
I really do recommend this to everybody whether or not you are an Idol viewer. This CD is very well put together and Lee has a great voice. These songs fit nicely into my playlist which is a mix of alt rock/indy artists. Had this been the first time I ever heard Lee, I would definitely be buying the rest of his music without hesitation. I believe that has to be pointed out because people could look at these reviews and be like "you're just saying that because you like him on Idol." I tend to scan through Amazon and iTunes for artists who aren't your normal Hot 100 Billboard listed artists and had I found Lee's work on my own I would absolutely be putting him on repeat on my iPod and wishing for more.

5.0 out of 5 stars SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!, June 4, 2010
This review is from: So I'm Told (MP3 Music)
I love So I 'm Told and Slumberland. His music is great to listen too. People really need to take the time and listen to this kid. Forget the American Idol title. This kid has talent and his two previous cds prove that. I cannot wait until his next cd comes out in the end of October, this kid will have a lasting career in the music business. Do yourself a favor listen and buy; you will not be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars SO BEAUTIFUL, July 12, 2010
This review is from: So I'm Told (Audio CD)
After falling in love with Lee's voice on the show I couldn't wait to get these albums, at the same time I was afraid if it was too amature it would turn me off. I didn't expect to be blown away. On both discs I have favorites and favorite favorites, I love them all. It is mind blowing to me how someone this young could write beautiful music, lyrics and have this angelic voice at the same time. The melodies are complicated, the arrangements are intricate, the lyrics are deep and beautiful. I cannot stop listening to this day and night, it gives me strength, it gives me inspiration, it literally helps me go on. Such beauty can only come directly from the heart. I will buy all the albums, go to all the concerts, I can't get enough of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lee Dewyze is amazing, June 12, 2010
This review is from: So I'm Told (Audio CD)
I love this CD so much. I Love that Lee wrote all the songs and this album is such a wonderful example of his raw talent. Buy the CD....you'll be surprised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lee Dewyze - real deal, April 10, 2010
This review is from: So I'm Told (Audio CD)
Just got this one, still soaking it in. I've had Slumberland about a week and can't stop listening to it - day and night!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love his voice. His soul comes through in his music. He is awesome!, June 3, 2010
HappyGrandma (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: So I'm Told (Audio CD)
Lee is my favorite Amercian Idol. I love his voice and his style. He is amazing. I could listen to him all day. He is adorable to watch and has such a wonderful personality. His music is wonderful and I look forward to more and more albums from him. I will purchase them all.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

So I'm Told
So I'm Told by Lee DeWyze (Audio CD - 2010)