Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: So Strong
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 21, 2002
This is a fantastic album. The Celtic Tenors have given the operatic/ Irish image a whole new and fresh look that is open to everyone.
The music is simple and beautiful and the voices are clear and moving. The Town I Loved So Well could well be written for New York City. This is an album that you will listen to again and again.
I really recommend this album to all age groups and nationalities!
on October 7, 2002
How can you improve on perfection? That is how I would describe this cd by the Celtic Tenors. From their first song Nella Fantasia, Niall Morris, James Nelson and Matthew Gilsenan blend their voices with the ever beautiful Vard sisters to create harmonies that would make even the angels in heaven cry out.
A tribute to Paul McCartney's Mull of Kintyre would make even a true Beatle fan proud. And I can't forget Niall's version of Love of my life (words & music by Freddie Mercury) when I first heard this song I thought that I was listening to Freddie Mercury singing. Bravo Niall!! You captured his true essence!
Ave Maria will have you floating on a cloud, a different version for sure but enjoyable none the less. James singing Green Fields of France had me crying and Ag Criost an siol made me think of listening to a gregorian chant...just beautiful! Finonnghuala a traditional scottish song is so much fun. I have to say listening to The Contender sung by Matthew just blew me away! But to get the full range of these three young men from Ireland you have to listen to Adagio (vocalise) I can just imagine what this would sound like in a church with their voices soaring to the rafters and beyond. True magic!! A must for all fans of tenor music!!
on August 21, 2002
I just thought that I would let people know that this is a great CD. I have been getting the celtic music for a few years now and have been enjoying it. I saw a bit on the Celtic Tenors on PBS and had to go out the next day and get it. I have not stopped listoning to it since.
I really suggest getting this CD for everyones collection!!
Sorry for the spelling errors.
on April 6, 2003
I was watching public television and saw "The Celtic Tenors". The next day I found their CD, "So Stong". Finding voices of such obvious quality producing harmony so perfectly is rare. The first song brought me to tears and I wanted to stand and cheer. In fact, I did. In my opinion, "The Celtic Tenors" have absolutely clear voices and sing with "Heart" whether it's concerning the town they love or the love they let slip away. I have already suggested the CD to many friends who have immediately purchased one for themselves. What a treat, what a treat.
on January 14, 2003
I bought this on a whim after listening to the 30 second bits on this site. It is now one of my favorite albums. I can't stop listening to it! I walk around all day singing bits from 'So Strong' & 'Mull of Kintyre'. Each tenor is given equal billing & their voices flow together so well. I'm now anxiously awaiting either a US tour or a new album. The first album, simply titled 'Celtic Tenors' is wonderful as well. If you love men who can really sing, you will love this album!
on October 1, 2003
Currently So Strong is my most favorite album. Unlike other Irish tenor albums I own, So Strong resonates unique total excellence achieved rarely by the blending of voices. It is a successful marriage of traditional and contemporary Irish vocal styling. Every cut is a true treasure. Listening to "Mull of Kintyre" I defy anyone not to hum this Paul McCartney melody. "The Green Fields of France" is a beautiful anti war anthem while "Ag Criost An Siol" is as spiritual as any gospel. Tears swell with "The Town I Loved So Well". "Something Inside" has an addictive beat and "The Contender" and "A Love so Beautiful" are haunting without being melancholy. I garantee that you'll have the CD player on high volume and repeat for the folk dance tune "The Star of the County Down" and inspiring "Anthem". I do.
on October 7, 2002
Apples and oranges. Can one be compared to the other? Of course not, nor should they be. That is the way it is with the Irish Tenors and the Celtic Tenors. To compare them is a disservice to each group.
Both have their own distinctive style, both have tenors who are highly accomplished,both have men from Ireland. That is where the similarity ends. I am a fan of the Irish Tenors, I have been since they started, most particularly of Anthony Kearns. I am also a fan of the Celtic Tenors.
The CD "So Strong" not only shows the ability of each Tenor it also showcases their amazing harmonizing . I would also recommend the original CD by the Celtic Tenors appropriately titled "The Celtic Tenors". What, in my opinion, sets these men apart from the Irish Tenors or, for that matter any other "Tenor" group, is that they write their own harmonies. Rare indeed to find three talented men who can sing with such brilliance and write their own harmonies.
For me the differences between the two groups makes it all the more exciting, for what we would we be without differences?
I highly recommed "So Strong" and also "The Celtic Tenors"
The title song of "So Strong" is an inspiration to many people who, for one reason or another, are having a hard time of it. Just sit back and listen to these amazing men,you will be wanting more and more from them.
Belinda
on October 6, 2002
"So strong" is the second CD from the Celtic Tenors, three talented young men with wonderful, well trained and clear voices. Three voices with a different timbre, together in perfect harmony are a composition that enchants everyone.
I'm sure, no one will be able to escape the magic of this CD. It is a pleasure to hear their interpretation of these 16 songs. Never before has been heard such a stirring version of the traditional "The Star Of The County Down" or the Scottish "Fionnghuala". Straight to the heart goes the version of "The Town I Loved So Well". How enchanting the voices of James Nelson, Matthew Gilsenan and Niall Morris are. You can
hear this enchantment in the following songs: "Love Of My Life"
featuring Niall, "The Green Fields Of France" featuring James and "The Contender" featuring Matthew. "So Strong" is a song published in 1988 before the release of Nelson Mandela from prison. Its intention is ( for people suffering by unfair political systems and racism) to say "No matter what you do to us, we will keep trying" (M. Gilsenan). The three succeed with their version of this song to make this point to the listener.
A big compliment for their version of "You Are My Heart's Delight - Dein ist mein ganzes Herz" which comes from Franz Lehar's "Land Of Smiles". Franz Lehar once said "I am not coming to earth to enjoy life, but to give pleasure to other people." With their interpretation of his song the three tenors achieved his intention. If he could, the composer would applaud!
My advice: Buy this wonderful CD and enjoy every note of it. The three Celtic Tenors will take you on an unforgettable musical journey!
on November 25, 2002
I loved the beautiful songs on this CD. I like pretty songs that take me to a pretty, dreamy world. The Celtic Tenors' style is very smooth and emotional, and you can hear their enthusiasm for the songs, how they hand-picked them and put their imaginations into expressing them. I don't know anything about opera, but I would pay hard-earned money to hear Niall Morris read off the ingredients to a Hershey bar, because he has a beautiful voice. I hope The Celtic Tenors have some more records out soon.
on March 28, 2013
What can one say when you hear voices that can make you drift off in thought and repose, bring a smile to your face at times as well as a tear to your eyes on other occasions. Love the Celtic Tenors!!