Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

So...how is the atomic blimp? and where is the code?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 17, 2013 2:36:00 PM PDT
any news?

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 2:41:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 17, 2013 2:45:01 PM PDT
W. Long says:
For me, and many others, the code was included in the game box.

I haven't tried the blimp yet, but I can imagine that it flies like a blimp... Which is pretty slow.

Edit:

Tell ya what.. I'm kinda curious about it myself.

As soon as I finish this mission i'm on I will call up the drop number and see what happens.

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 2:45:06 PM PDT
C. Floyd says:
code should be emailed in the next 24 hours. if not contact customer support.

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 3:13:18 PM PDT
W. Long says:
ok so when you enter the code it allows you to call up the number in-game to have the blimp dropped.

I did this as Franklin and there was a short dialouge of him ordering the blimp. After that a blimp icon appeared on the map. I had to drive down to the airport so I could get in the blimp. It is indeed slow. It's kinda neat, and reminds me of the UFO pre-order vehicle in saints row 2 (though IMHO that one was more fun)

Posted on Sep 17, 2013 3:15:44 PM PDT
W. Long says:
Best part about it was jumping out.
No parachute lol.
Franklin screamed the whole way down lol

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2013 2:14:06 PM PDT
jejejejeje

Posted on Sep 18, 2013 10:43:27 PM PDT
You could use it more than once, right? lol

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 5:49:26 AM PDT
W. Long says:
If you're refering to the code, those are generally single-use.

If you're refering to the blimp, yes you can use it more than once.

Posted on Sep 19, 2013 10:42:35 AM PDT
Yea, I was talking about the blimp. Thanks. :)

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 6:24:28 AM PDT
I got GTAV after the fact, didn't preorder it, and got the code for the blip inside the game case, or a separate insert.

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 3:23:05 PM PDT
W. Long says:
I mentioned in another thread that I think the codes for the blimp are included in the case for all first production run copies.

Posted on Sep 23, 2013 9:10:48 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2013 9:12:47 AM PDT
Fani says:
I have the Atomic blimp (code insert in the game box) and the blimp is very good. It flies decently fast (maybe as fast as the slowest chopper in the game and way slower than planes) so you can traverse the map quite fast with that blimp actually. Even though the map is decently big it is nowhere near as big for the fast planes. You will run out of space quite soon with the fastest jets and have to turn around. Just Cause 2 map is way way bigger here given how much I love flying the jet in that. Still, GTA V map is big. Just don't expect it to be super huge. I think blimps are a good mode of transport

Landing it is tough unless you have space. It could blow up if you're not careful. The handling is great but the one drawback is how the camera keeps snapping back to primary view when you move the stick around.

Looking down at the roads and terrain from the top is a simply wonderful feeling given you can keep the blimp hovering at a spot. Also, don't invade air-space of commercial planes or other airports or the Fort Zancudo military base unless you want to be shot down fast.

Overall, I'd say the blimp is a great addition and I love flying around in it. If you lose it, you can call one again with a phone call and it appears at the closest drop off point near you.

Posted on Sep 24, 2013 1:06:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 25, 2013 11:22:58 AM PDT
Tom E G says:
For me, I don't think the Blimp is that great. I was hoping it was going to be like a cheat and the blimp would spawn wherever you are. But you have to call them up and go to the airport to pick it up. It's cool to have access to a a blimp right away so you can do some air travel, but I don't think it was great for the pre-order incentive.

I just like to jump out of it. With or without a parachute.

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 9:26:19 AM PDT
A. Antonio says:
It's ok. It's hard to tell how far in front of you things are when you are flying it. I crashed into a building but it looked like I wans't even close.

Posted on Sep 25, 2013 11:26:50 AM PDT
i think there are so many betters pre order bonuses out there but it's ok....actually o don't like the blimp very much and i would pre order this game either have the blimp or not.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 11:58:22 AM PDT
A. Antonio says:
Yeah I would rather have gotten an extra mission.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Sep 17, 2013
Latest post:  Sep 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto V - PlayStation 3
Grand Theft Auto V - PlayStation 3 by Rockstar Games (PlayStation 3)
4.6 out of 5 stars (3,613)