Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 30, 2009 11:47:53 AM PDT
Rike255 says:
I'm on the fence, the Clank demo was a lot of fun. How long is the game?

Posted on Oct 30, 2009 12:09:09 PM PDT
E. H. Bruno says:
The game is fairly long. If you want to complete it on Hard, get all the Zoni and Gold Bolts, complete every side-task and beat all of the arena challenges, and do the challenge-mode at the end of the game, then you're looking at between 14 and 16 hours. There's a lot of replay-value, though, so much of this stuff is so cool and fun that you'll want to play through the game again and again.

Posted on Oct 30, 2009 12:25:51 PM PDT
Rike255 says:
That's perfect, I was worried it'd end up being a <10 hour game. Thanks!

Posted on Oct 30, 2009 2:24:21 PM PDT
D. Chan says:
There's also a Rachet demo up on the PSN right now.

Posted on Oct 30, 2009 3:05:31 PM PDT
So far I have played the game about 11 hours and beat it on medium. When compared to Tools of Destruction the game has improved graphics, gadgets and both characters get new moves. I got to say it is bit of a let down for me. The new moves are nice but to be honest some of the clank time maneuvers/puzzles and ratchets new jet boots get kind of repetitive. The new weapons and menus really aren't any better then TOD. On the plus side the like Ratchet: Deadlocked & Quest for Booty you can change the difficulty level and replay the game over. Overall I would give this game 4 stars and is worth buying.

Posted on Dec 2, 2009 5:23:16 PM PST
teamMC says:
Hmm, thanks T.B. Williams, this was the question I actually came to ask. I saw some commercials and videos but it looks to me a LOT like tools of destruction. A lot of the levels look similar, weapons look the same, graphics didn't strike me as looking that much better. Not that it's necessarily bad, I liked tools of destruction a lot, but honestly that game had a lot of replay value for me already- I could just play that again, haha.
Any other opinions on how this compares to TOD? Does anyone think there was enough added gameplay features/overall improvements to make it feel like a real sequel or build up on top of the existing game, or is it more like- if you like TOD it's fun but more of the same?

Posted on Dec 18, 2009 1:26:45 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2009 1:29:22 PM PST
@teamMC: I've commented on these very concerns you raise (ACiT vs. TOD) in my Amazon review. Since that review, I've now completed a second complete playthrough (in Challenge Mode), have gotten almost all trophies and skill points, collected every gold bolt, zoni, visited every moon, and completed all challenges in the battle arena, and have to say I am extremely pleased with this game's replayability.

Not being the most gifted gamer, it's taken me 40 hours to do all that on medium, and I still have playthrough's on Hard, Hard Challenge Mode, and, if I get through that, Hardcore mode. While there are some things I like more about TOD, there is definitely a lot to like here, including the added dimension the hoverboots provide, much improved space battles/missions, the Clank gameplay and puzzles, the radio stations, the challenge arena set up, etc. I too went back and compared this to ToD, as mentioned in my review, and really find ACiT's graphics to be much better, though the weapon selection is a split and TOD's story and pace is better.

For me, even if it was just "more of the same," there just isn't anything else like it right now, and it's extremely fun to boot!

Posted on Dec 19, 2009 12:00:05 AM PST
teamMC says:
Thanks for the reply, that was definitely helpful. Like I said, more of the same wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, it's more that I just wanted to know what to expect. I was definitely hoping for some good updates and added gameplay elements, which it does sound like it has though. I have a few games I'm working on right now, but maybe the best thing to do would be to rent it or something and get an idea of some of the changes you mentioned. If I like it then i'll probably pick it up once I'm done with the games I'm playing now.

I definitely agree though, the Ratchet and Clank series is definitely a stand out in the platformer genre, it's got all the things that make a good platformer fun, plus a lot of it's own unique additions. Thinking about this now is actually making me want to play some more ToD, haha.

Posted on Dec 19, 2009 9:48:14 AM PST
Another great upgrade in ACiT I forgot to mention, though a seemingly minor thing that really makes a difference, is you can now throw the wrench while running or hoverbooting--makes it a much more effective weapon, especially in strafe and when you want to conserve ammo. One word of warning to if you rent first: the game does start out a little slow, so give it time before you decide if you want to finish or even buy it.

Posted on Mar 15, 2010 10:57:21 PM PDT
maninblue says:
I will probably pruchase every Rachet & Clank game that ever comes out as long as it's not a PSP game or something. Ive played them all since the first one and have been addicted to the characters and gameplay style ever since.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Oct 30, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 15, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time - Playstation 3
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time - Playstation 3 by Sony Computer Entertainment (PlayStation 3)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (227)